Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Two from a few mins ago in Dublin.. Nice cloud scapes

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rs2YYwy.jpg[/img]"]Rs2YYwy.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/8N0vg0F.jpg[/img]"]8N0vg0F.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭65535

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So can any of the weather experts here tell us if the storm is on land or still off the coast ?

Eye of the storm over Achill Island
    https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-8.77,52.07,3000/loc=-10.171,54.004

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

You said said the worst was still to come until 11pm a while ago?!
    Yes but it isn't ramping up so it's kinda down to the next hour or two for Cork.
    I suppose I'm kinda contradicting what I said but starting to doubt hannah has much punch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The cork safety alerts seem to be reporting a lot more power outages in the last few minutes and it’s true that when you check the esb app the faults are coming nearer cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

10pm is predicted peak for wind in clare, has ramped up a bit in mid clare, still nothing too major so fingers crossed

Very high winds have arrived in west Clare, squalls are rattling the slates. Quite a powerful event for late April.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes but it isn't ramping up so it's kinda down to the next hour or two for Cork.
    I suppose I'm kinda contradicting what I said but starting to doubt hannah has much punch

I wonder is it moving slower than expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Still fine here in East cork.
    Windy yes but barely yellow territory right now.
    You certainly wouldn't call it anyway stormy as of yet.
    Not having a go at Met Eireann by the way, the charts predicted a storm but as of yet it's a standard gale

I wouldn't say it was barely yellow in my corner of East Cork.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big gusts here now near Tralee in my ever increasingly sheltered site , regular gusts over 80 to 90 km/h Anemometer at about 7m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

ESB Crews will be busy this weekend.

5uhhfr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

65535 wrote: »

It's passing/passed over Galway city...

You what makes it weird is that normally the storms happen when it’s dark and it’s still bright out which is weird. Also, there is no blue skies here but the clouds are this weird blue/grey color. Very strange

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Still fine here in East cork.
    Windy yes but barely yellow territory right now.
    You certainly wouldn't call it anyway stormy as of yet.
    Not having a go at Met Eireann by the way, the charts predicted a storm but as of yet it's a standard gale

I wouldn't say it was barely yellow in my corner of East Cork.
    East or west of ballycotton ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »
    Picking up a wee bit in Kildare

Windy enough at times, there was a couple of branches down on the backroad from Johnstown to Naas not far from the rugby club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

8.30 pm Shannon gusting 60 knots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You what makes it weird is that normally the storms happen when it’s dark and it’s still bright out which is weird. Also, there is no blue skies here but the clouds are this weird blue/grey color. Very strange

I was looking out the window of the hotel this king how awesome it would be to sit and look out the window with a view on the coast. Feels like a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wasn't barely a yellow in my part of the city either.

I see that too Itssoeasy, its kind of a beautiful colour though? :p

Quite a few more power outages after appearing suddenly on powercheck.ie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

5.2c 974 hpa. 175m ask North Kerry.

Still windy up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Directly north :) 5 miles as the crow flies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I'm at the beach behind my house. The sea Ian doing odd things. Waves are lapping away from the shore and rocks off shore are drawing up crazy spray that's then getting dropped from few metres like a small intense throw of water from a bucket.
    Winds don't seem to be here yet but can hear it in the distance. The odd gust blowing from north west. south con

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Jaysus there is hardly a puff of wind in Galway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Lights flickering here in South east Kerry.
    No real change in gusts over the last 2 hours,Plenty damage being done but so far not as severe as i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its seems that any storm the is well warned about turns out to be not bad at all...and storms that are bad come as a surprise:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Shadylou wrote: »
    Not worthy of a yellow in cork city

Don't think the pilot of Are Lingus flight EI723 would agree with ya..... after 4 attempts diverted to Dublin. :eek:

478778.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jackboy

Strong winds just starting west Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Its seems that any storm the is well warned about turns out to be not bad at all...and storms that are bad come as a surprise:rolleyes:

It's the weather. You can't always accurately predict it.

MidMan25 wrote: »

Directly north :) 5 miles as the crow flies

Ah feck I spent years down there as a kid in the summers but all my areas of east cork is east or west of ballycotton. Crafty fecker with your due north.

RTE

At least 10,000 households are without power and flights have been cancelled as a result of Storm Hannah, which arrived in the south west from the Atlantic this evening.

A Status Red wind warning remains in effect for Co Clare, with gusts of up to 150km/h expected.

ESB Networks says the areas most affected include the Iveragh and Dingle peninsulas and areas of west Cork including Macroom.

The damage is mainly due to trees falling on overhead lines.

ESB Networks repair crews are being dispatched to the affected areas.

It is expected that as the storm continues to track across the country, further outages can be expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10,000 without power in Cork/Kerry according to rte news

Advertisement