Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favorite Sunday afternoon movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sunday's are great days to be up doing stuff, particularly with this weather, why would you wannabe sitting around watching tv, happy Easter folks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Young Guns 1 and then followed by 2 :) or any good western :) John Wayne was a brilliant actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Gonad wrote: »
    Zulu . Or some decent war flick .

A Bridge Too Far or Torah, Torah, Torah would be my recommendations for classic war films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Into the west

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Goodbye Mr Chips or A Night to Remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭recyclops

Jason and the argonauts or flight of the navigator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

Great Escape / Raiders of the Lost Ark / Last Crusade / Dirty Dozen / Kelly's Heroes / Any Roger Moore as James Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Glory.

A brilliant cast, riveting watch.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Leaving las vegas

Thinly veiled, "I'm so busy on Sundays, someone ask me why I haven't the chance to watch a film on a Sunday".....spa

Swing and a miss dickheax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Von Ryan's Express

A Bridge Too Far or Torah, Torah, Torah would be my recommendations for classic war films.

All quiet on the western front.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Ryan's Daughter is a good long one, even better if you've a top end sound system to get the best cinematic experience....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Something like Me, Myself and Irene or Jerry Maguire.

War films and Westerns are a good Sunday afternoon choice. Always remember watching Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck in it one Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Ben Hur on TCM now.

Too nice a day to watch it again though:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The Blue Max.

Filmed in Ireland in 1966 and one of several 'flying films' made with assistance from the Irish Army Air Corps. It contains some of the most impressive flying of replica WW1 planes that you will ever see. All done for real, long before CGI effects.

It so impressed LOTR Director, Peter Jackson, that he bought some of the planes built for the film and he has them in his private collection in New Zealand.

"There was no quiet, on the western front"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Empire of the Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

War of the Buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Where Eagles Dare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I watched Cruel Intentions today. Blast from my teenage past but pretty awful. Ryan Phillippe can’t act and has a big tinkery head on him. I thought that as a teenager when all my friends loved him and I still think it now. However Selma Blair saves the film with her funny performance.
    Lorelli! wrote: »
    Something like Me, Myself and Irene or Jerry Maguire.

War films and Westerns are a good Sunday afternoon choice. Always remember watching Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck in it one Sunday.

I rewatched that recently. Very enjoyable. Ridiculous plot but does it matter? That film would not be made now.

• Advertisement

Vodacom Dundee 1&2
    The Godfather 1&2

The third installment for both should be avoided/never made.

The Blues Brothers, in this case avoid the second one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Back to The Future trilogy, make a day out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Doctor Zhivago

Ger Roe wrote: »
    The Blue Max.

Filmed in Ireland in 1966 and one of several 'flying films' made with assistance from the Irish Army Air Corps. It contains some of the most impressive flying of replica WW1 planes that you will ever see. All done for real, long before CGI effects.

It so impressed LOTR Director, Peter Jackson, that he bought some of the planes built for the film and he has them in his private collection in New Zealand.

"There was no quiet, on the western front"

Battle of Britain is another good one with out cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I rewatched that recently. Very enjoyable. Ridiculous plot but does it matter? That film would not be made now.

You think? It's such a funny film though. I'm going to watch it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Goonies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i work nights so a sunday im off i ove Rear window, or north by northwest or Key west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Any Columbo movie. I've seen them all loads of times, but I still watch them every Saturday and Sunday on the 5USA channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Star Trek films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Love this especially Lady Fanny Of Omaha:D

Advertisement