Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Got a new heated base layer for xmas:

https://www.warmnsafe.com/collections/heat-layer-shirt/products/mens-12v-heatlayer

Well, my god, the difference is unreal.

Pricey enough, but I don't need any layers or liner in the jacket, so much better mobility and comfort.

These are the same crowd who make all the controllers etc for gerbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭listermint

colm_c wrote: »
    Got a new heated base layer for xmas:

https://www.warmnsafe.com/collections/heat-layer-shirt/products/mens-12v-heatlayer

Well, my god, the difference is unreal.

Pricey enough, but I don't need any layers or liner in the jacket, so much better mobility and comfort.

These are the same crowd who make all the controllers etc for gerbing.

You won't best a heated under layer. Have a Keis body warmer last three years.

Best single purchase I've made ever for the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

anyone got a current motorcycleshop.ie discount code ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

For the impending cold and wet weather:

https://www.mandp.co.uk/ktm-hq-adventure-jacket.html

https://www.mandp.co.uk/ktm-hq-adventure-pants.html

Full set of waterproof gear for just over £300. From reviews, I'm led to believe these are fairly top quality.

Just to give an update on this, I got them delivered the other day. They look and feel great! Quality is amazing, definitely up there with the likes of Rukka and Klim. Full armour, thermal lining and everything. Did a road test today. It wasn't raining but it was bloody cold out. Honestly didn't feel a bit of cold, no wind coming through! I had a merino wool top and regular t-shirt on underneath. So happy with them. I have no doubt they will perform great in the rain.

For anyone who still wants to buy, the set has gone up to about £380, still a bargain in my opinion. I'd have no problem using these in the coldest weather, just layer up appropriately underneath.

Here's the spec from the KTM website for anyone who's interested:
    https://www.ktm.com/powerwear/functional/street/jackets/hq-adventure-jacket/?category=KE3-16051310%2FKE4-16051324

These are Sympatex rather than GoreTex. Having done a bit of research, the Sympatex seems to have a few benefits over the GoreTex.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Just to give an update on this, I got them delivered the other day. They look and feel great! Quality is amazing, definitely up there with the likes of Rukka and Klim. Full armour, thermal lining and everything. Did a road test today. It wasn't raining but it was bloody cold out. Honestly didn't feel a bit of cold, no wind coming through! I had a merino wool top and regular t-shirt on underneath. So happy with them. I have no doubt they will perform great in the rain.

For anyone who still wants to buy, the set has gone up to about £380, still a bargain in my opinion. I'd have no problem using these in the coldest weather, just layer up appropriately underneath.

Here's the spec from the KTM website for anyone who's interested:
    https://www.ktm.com/powerwear/functional/street/jackets/hq-adventure-jacket/?category=KE3-16051310%2FKE4-16051324

These are Sympatex rather than GoreTex. Having done a bit of research, the Sympatex seems to have a few benefits over the GoreTex.

It's a pity they put the price up buy £60, I'm still tempted to buy these even though I don't have a KTM. Whats the fit like? large or small fitting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Pretty much bang on with sizes. I always go for the medium jacket and 32 pants. Fit perfectly. Wouldn't worry about not having a KTM. I'm on a Blackbird, you barely notice the KTM logo as it's black on black.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Aldi from tomorrow:

Battery Charger €16.99
    Edit: I'll have a look but I'll probably hold out for the €20 Lidl one, which last time out came with a huge aluminium heat sink which should make the electronics last longer

WD40 Chain Cleaner, Lube, Wax €3.99 each / 200mL

I've used the WD40 chain wax before and it's good stuff (€10/400mL in motorcycleshop.ie, so Aldi is cheaper) I'll buy a few of these if I can get them.

And a grey men's BSA t-shirt €7.99

Men's-Character-Grey-BSA-T-Shirt-A.jpg?o=hwDNX31DgMh%24HV9ueA6bmCBFRXQj&V=Czyz&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

Life ain't always empty.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=16434

Lidl battery charger €19.99 from Thursday

It's all plastic cased, similar to the Aldi one which was 3 quid cheaper and there still should be some of those knocking about. The last time Lidl had a €20 charger it came in an aluminium case.

Life ain't always empty.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=16434

Lidl battery charger €19.99 from Thursday

It's all plastic cased, similar to the Aldi one which was 3 quid cheaper and there still should be some of those knocking about. The last time Lidl had a €20 charger it came in an aluminium case.

It's actually a good one: I bought 3 last time, and they're fitted to a number of things: a bike, a car, and.....a car battery on the bench, just to keep it alive for testing things etc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

So it's ok to be left on on a long term trickle charge?

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Yes it will. I've got an older one that I had to replace the mode cycle switch on. The only problem I find with them (unless they have changed the programming) is that it defaults to OFF. That is, if you have a power cut, when the power comes back on again, it won't resume charging.

I'm told that Cteks default to LAST STATE, so it resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

For the impending cold and wet weather:

https://www.mandp.co.uk/ktm-hq-adventure-jacket.html

https://www.mandp.co.uk/ktm-hq-adventure-pants.html

Full set of waterproof gear for just over £300. From reviews, I'm led to believe these are fairly top quality.

"Adventure pants" just sounds quality. Or a childrens book. "Joey and his Adventure Pants". Every time he puts them on he has an amazing adventure.

Where would people recommend to get some Givi bits & pieces ? Have tried motocycleshop.ie twice now and tbh, if they're not bothered to come back to me after a week I think it's time to look further afield.

Ode To The Motorist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

galwaytt wrote: »
    Where would people recommend to get some Givi bits & pieces ? Have tried motocycleshop.ie twice now and tbh, if they're not bothered to come back to me after a week I think it's time to look further afield.

I get all of my stuff from getgeared.co.uk, They deliver promptly and I have always gotten great service from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Bought my Givi B37 on Givi.co.uk and got the V35's on adverts.ie thanks to Blade1 tipping me off when i was on the look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wherever it's cheapest. I got my givi back box and the back rest for it from eBay in Germany.

Was cheaper than any UK or Irish provider including shipping.

So I say price them all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got great deals on here including delivery

http://www.accessorimotostore.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

listermint wrote: »
    Wherever it's cheapest. I got my givi back box and the back rest for it from eBay in Germany.

Was cheaper than any UK or Irish provider including shipping.

So I say price them all
    Have a look at Kappa. these boxes and mounts are exactly the same as Givi but a whole lot cheaper. The only difference is the badge. Got a Kappa Top Box for my XT from Italy complete with plate and it was almost €100 cheaper than the exact same Givi top box my mate got for his one.

tks all - good tips.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Have a look at Kappa. these boxes and mounts are exactly the same as Givi but a whole lot cheaper. The only difference is the badge. Got a Kappa Top Box for my XT from Italy complete with plate and it was almost €100 cheaper than the exact same Givi top box my mate got for his one.

Yep,I can second this as I have both Kappa and Givi luggage.
    Oh,and another difference...red buttons on Givi, black buttons on Kappa:)
    Exact same type buttons and locks though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not posting this for a mate, but to give the forum a heads up of a mates bike going on the market soon.

Triumph Explorer 1200 with a full set of hard luggage & tank bag.

Its an absolute cracker of a bike in showroom condition and in a military green.

If I thought I'd shift my GS quick enough I think I'd jump at it.

As soon as its on donedeal I'll post the link because it'll sell very quickly.

Not sure of the year but it'll be priced around €9000

472981.jpg

472982.jpg

I'm very fecking tempted.

Like I said I'm not posting it for him. It'll sell without my help but for someone wondering about changing up soon this is a heads up on a good bike going on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

That's the exact bike I want to move up to after the CBF but I need a garage and a few years NCB :(

The colour is gorgeous! If I read correctly the service intervals on them are around 10k Miles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

An additional 10% off on fc-moto.de just for today.

I got a AGV Sportmodular for €537 by paying in UK-STG instead of Euro. Thats a big saving over a local shop that wanted €799 for the same helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=16444

Great jobs for jump starting bikes and cars...I got one a couple of years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Just put my Tiger 800 XRT up on Donedeal if anyone is interested:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2015-triumph-tiger-800-xrt/21059680

YjU0YjQzNzg3NDEwMGRhNGRiNzc3NWVlNGU0ZTAxNTeQReWhGHRuuW5Obg_2JWGWaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg0ODEyODd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpegOWNlZTA1OGQ2ZGE0MjU3MjZlYjUxNWIzMDk5NWJhYzdvtySs3GezynRzW2osSrxjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg0ODEyODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XRT
    Red (Burnt Orange)
    20k km
    Tax 05/19
    Full Triumph Service History, 2 keys

Michelin Pilot Road 5 Trail Tyres, fitted 5k ago, 5mm left
    New chain fitted 5k ago, Scottoiler fitted at same time, great condition

This is the top spec ‘Touring’ XRT spec including:
    ABS & Traction Control
    Heated Grips
    Heated Seat (Front and Rear)
    Cruise Control
    Engine Bars
    Sump Guard
    Hand Guards
    Centre Stand
    Front fog lights
    ‘XC’ Front Beak
    Front fender extender
    Triumph Supplied Arrow Exhaust (original available)
    Adjustable Touring Screen (Madstad screen also available if desired)
    Full Triumph Expedition Aluminium Luggage, Top Box and Side Panniers
    4 Rider modes
    Adjustable height seat
    The XRT also came with a bigger alternator, and has 12v sockets near ignition and under the seat, for driving sat nav, heated gear etc.

Bike is in great condition, daily use for commuting, garaged every night, and underground car park during the day. Treated with ACF50 before the winter.

Priced to sell, you won’t get this spec in from the UK for cheaper, open to sensible offers

EUR9,250 ono

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2015-triumph-tiger-800-xrt/21059680

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fc-moto have coupon codes for Easter.

EASTER15 when you spend €99
    EASTER 35 when you spend €199
    EASTER 100 when you spend €499

Just ordered new boots and gloves there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Emmersonn wrote: »

It's an
    XLMOTO Slipstream Water Resistant MC Backpack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Ago1960

It's an
    XLMOTO Slipstream Water Resistant MC Backpack
    Brilliant deduction Sherlock. LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Does anyone know when aldi/lidl do their bike gear?

I've been trying to keep an eye out but haven't seen any in ages.

Advertisement