Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,481 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anderson replacement...

Have 3 Pool, 3 Leicester and 2 Bournemouth attackers so the pool of candidates is small.

It'll be a one week punt. Any suggestions?

Ramsey and Siggy are in my thinking. Hard to know what kind of game Everton Arsenal will be but it's likely both teams will concede.

McNeil but Bournemouth have been solid enough at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 12 players potentially - although Anderson is one of them so the fact that he is both flagged and shyte means it's really 11.

Amazingly I somehow have 7.9m in the bank so it's boiling down to 2 options...the Battle of the Trolls :pac::pac::pac:

I can either go:

1) Jiminez to Kane

or

2) Anderson to Hazard

I'll probably captain whichever one I bring in, leaning towards Kane although he seems rusty, don't trust Sarri at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I have had progressive green arrows the last few weeks, but GW 33 is something of a sacrifice for these improvements. However, I do not want to tear up my squad for the sake of 1 GW, especially with an eye on GW 35.

For a -4 I am considering Pogba, Puncheon, Jiminez Out, Mane, Ward-Prowse, Calvert-Lewin in.

This would give me:

Allison (Guaita)

Robertson, Wan B, Bednarek (Laporte, Doherty)

Mane, Ward-P, Brooks (Sterling, Son)

Calvert-L, Vardy (AGuero)

0.4m ITB

This leaves me with 9 starters. Anyone think I am being overly conservative. An extra -4 for Sterling>Hazard is tempting, but then think I will use another -4 reversing it, so you are relying on Hazard on getting 8+ points to really make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have 12 players potentially - although Anderson is one of them so the fact that he is both flagged and shyte means it's really 11.

Amazingly I somehow have 7.9m in the bank so it's boiling down to 2 options...the Battle of the Trolls :pac::pac::pac:

I can either go:

1) Jiminez to Kane

or

2) Anderson to Hazard

I'll probably captain whichever one I bring in, leaning towards Kane although he seems rusty, don't trust Sarri at all :confused:

Maybe option 2) as Kane has no game in 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

bantee wrote: »
    I’ll take a -8 to field 11: try to get Robertson, Mane & Auba in

I'm thinking Lacca over Auba. He looks more likely to get the minutes and has been returning more in recent games as a result. And is cheaper.

Currently for a -4
    Agueoro --> Lacca
    Pogba --> Mane

Gives me 9 starters which includes Fuppin Pedro :mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

macraignil wrote: »
    Maybe option 2) as Kane has no game in 33.

D'oh....misread the fixtures.

I still don't trust Hazard though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm thinking Lacca over Auba. He looks more likely to get the minutes and has been returning more in recent games as a result. And is cheaper.

Currently for a -4
    Agueoro --> Lacca
    Pogba --> Mane

Gives me 9 starters which includes Fuppin Pedro :mad:.

Reasons I'm considering Auba instead are 1) he'll surely start the next game and 2) I have the spare cash to spread before the WC in G34

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tielemans in for Deulofeu more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

After chelsea's performance last night, I'm wondering if they are worth a 1 week punt.

I'm now thinking maybe:
    Kun to Auba
    and (-4) Lindelof to Azpi

I like Giroud, RLC, Hudson-Odoi but not nailed down.

Tempted to get Kepa but if Boruc does start then it's probably not worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m around 80 behind in my money league. Playing my WC next week and looking for advise

Fabianski
    Digne Lascelles TAA Bednarek
    Mane Hazard Salah McNeil Westwood
    Vardy
    Boruc Kun Jiménez Bennet

I have 1 FT so looking for advise from lads who have been in similar situations? Rival has got something close to

Pickford
    Simpson (bou) chilwell kelky (cry)
    Mane Hazard Bacuna Anderson
    Vardy Rondon Wilson
    Willian blank blank

Thinking of Westwood & Aguero to Tielmans & King/Laca

Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m around 80 behind in my money league. Playing my WC next week and looking for advise

Fabianski
    Digne Lascelles TAA Bednarek
    Mane Hazard Salah McNeil Westwood
    Vardy
    Boruc Kun Jiménez Bennet

I have 1 FT so looking for advise from lads who have been in similar situations? Rival has got something close to

Pickford
    Simpson (bou) chilwell kelky (cry)
    Mane Hazard Bacuna Anderson
    Vardy Rondon Wilson
    Willian blank blank

Is that your current team for this week?
    No transfer jumping out but seeing that you're 80 behind and they don't have Salah... I would be given him the armband and hoping he gets back scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

9 transfers made just to insure I have 11 players for this GW, played the WC of course.

Dont want to make any more, as planning on getting two of them back in, in time for GW 35 without taking a hit, and without reducing DGW players for GW 34 and 35.

The four not playiing this GW, three are scheduled are playing twice in GW34, and all scheduled to play in GW35. So may leave things as they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Banking

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have potentially 12 featuring this week but since one is Arnautovic it's more like 11.

I think banking may be my best bet as the only chip I have left is my TC and I need to keep an eye on the upcoming DGWs.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

km79 wrote: »
    Banking

Crikey. I only had one player so needed to FH. We must have very different teams. I guess that's why you're near the top and I'm at 650k

Crikey. I only had one player so needed to FH. We must have very different teams. I guess that's why you're near the top and I'm at 650k

But I played FH last week
    Just different approaches
    I wont have many DGW 35 players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not sure how to play this.
    Current team

Boruc*
    Pereira Luiz Kola Wan-B Doherty*
    Hazard (c) Mane Hayden McNeil
    Vardy

Etheridge Jiminez Sterling Aguero

Fielding 9 most likely with no GK.
    Considering Etheridge/Doherty to Begovic/TAA but probably not worth a -4?

Would guarantee a playing GK and give me Pool Def cover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Best striker for this week?
    Vardy laca firminho Wilson rondon. Will more than likely be only for one week. Wilson at home to Burnley does appeal or vardy at Huddersfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Sterling - Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not sure how to play this.
    Current team

Boruc*
    Pereira Luiz Kola Wan-B Doherty*
    Hazard (c) Mane Hayden McNeil
    Vardy

Etheridge Jiminez Sterling Aguero

Fielding 9 most likely with no GK.
    Considering Etheridge/Doherty to Begovic/TAA but probably not worth a -4?

Would guarantee a playing GK and give me Pool Def cover

And then Boruc plays again suddenly? I've considered a minus four for a keeper but what are you realistically hoping for, a two point gain on the transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

dsmythy wrote: »
    And then Boruc plays again suddenly? I've considered a minus four for a keeper but what are you realistically hoping for, a two point gain on the transfer?

I'd have both Bournemouth GKs and just keep them for the season but I take your point

Was more to raise funds for TAA.
    Any decent alternative at 5.4m?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mitro > Wilson #glamourmove

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭macraignil

I'd have both Bournemouth GKs and just keep them for the season but I take your point

Have been checking on a few options since my team is facing having only 6 available this week. The autocomplete button made the suggestion of Leno as I suppose they would also be available for the double game week Arsenal have in 35. Decided to go Button to Dubravka myself as part of a -8 with Pogba and Rashford also making way for Mane and Wilson as part of a -8 hit. First time I have tried a -8 but would like to get to the top 1% by the end of the season so need to make up about 20,000 places. A playing sub goalkeeper will hopefully also help in the BB chip which I have to play in the next few weeks.

Can someone set up a captaincy poll?
    Quick turnaround to Saturday’s games will catch a few no doubt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

km79 wrote: »
    Can someone set up a captaincy poll?
    Quick turnaround to Saturday’s games will catch a few no doubt ;)

We should take bets on how long before deadline the match day thread gets started :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Aguero Sterling Out
    Wilson Fraser in ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭skippy15

1ft will give me 11 players-
    A) Doherty to Azpi
    B) Pogba- Tielmans
    C) Pogba - Hazard
    Doherty/ Pogba both dgw to come but awful form- what people think leaning towards A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

47 points behind a rival.

Boruc

Robbo Digne Bednarek

Salah Mane Fraser McNeil

Higuain Wilson Wood.

Sterling on the bench.

1. I was planning on banking for a -4 next week to triple up on Brighton defence & bring in & Captain Kane. Do I stay with this

2. Straight swap Higuain out to Aubameyang or Lacazette or Vardy?

3. Straight swap Sterling to Hazard (to captain him)? Rival has Hazard

4. A -4 with the above 2 transfers which will mean a -8 The week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    47 points behind a rival.

Boruc

Robbo Digne Bednarek

Salah Mane Fraser McNeil

Higuain Wilson Wood.

Sterling on the bench.

1. I was planning on banking for a -4 next week to triple up on Brighton defence & bring in & Captain Kane. Do I stay with this

2. Straight swap Higuain out to Aubameyang or Lacazette or Vardy?

3. Straight swap Sterling to Hazard (to captain him)? Rival has Hazard

4. A -4 with the above 2 transfers which will mean a -8 The week after?

Bring in Hazard, captain Salah would be my move if you're rival hasn't got Salah.

Time to gamble and captaining Salah is the type of gamble I would like to take.

Go big or go home imo... unless you've chip advantages and feel you can grind it out over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Instinct is Leicester or Kola but you have that already. TAA is the first defender on my list when you factor in value so if you've no BB and don't mind relying on save points I've no convincing argument against.

Advertisement