Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Can't you just place orders within your available to trade amount to avoid borrowing money?

Doesnt work like that, available to trade includes the credit line - so as my other stocks change value when the market is open its confusing to figure out what is my money and what is being offered as credit. I called customer care and they said it should be possible to change it back but to email the request instead, no reply yet.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Supercell wrote: »
    Doesnt work like that, available to trade includes the credit line - so as my other stocks change value when the market is open its confusing to figure out what is my money and what is being offered as credit. I called customer care and they said it should be possible to change it back but to email the request instead, no reply yet.

Could you go with the amount that is in you EUR MONEY MARKET FUNDS? That should show you your cash in Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Dividend tax on Degiro. Does this have to be paid? Wouldn't I be paying twice if I'm then taxed on Irish income?

Where are the shares domiciled? If it is a country with a double taxation agreement with Ireland then the tax that is being deducted is a dividend withholding tax that is assumed to have been already paid when you declare your dividend to revenue.

The tax deducted isn't paid to Revenue. It is paid to the country where the shares are domiciled. So in short. Yes it definitely has to be taken.

Has anyone changed bank accounts with Degiro?, looks like you have to contact customer care for that - any idea on the turnaround for that?
    I'm moving from Ulsterbank to N26 so want to fund from them instead and close my Ulsterbank account.
    My experience with Degiro support tells me that this is likely to be painful and slow and may just be easier to open another account? Any advice?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Has anyone changed bank accounts with Degiro?, looks like you have to contact customer care for that - any idea on the turnaround for that?
    I'm moving from Ulsterbank to N26 so want to fund from them instead and close my Ulsterbank account.
    My experience with Degiro support tells me that this is likely to be painful and slow and may just be easier to open another account? Any advice?

I fund it from two different accounts. I accidentally made the transfer from the wrong account and they contacted me asking if I wanted to add it as an additional account, only took a day or two.

• Advertisement

Awesome, thanks heavens for that, thanks InstaSte!
    If you wanted to withdraw you presumably have two choices or there is a primary one you have to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Does anyone know how long it takes for Degiro to verify your account details?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭320d

Anyone else having issues logging onto DEGIRO today?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

320d wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues logging onto DEGIRO today?
    Yep not recognising passcode or passwords. Thought be fixed by now!

Working fine here all day for my account and my account in my wife's name :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Working fine here all day for my account and my account in my wife's name :)

Why the two?

cefh17 wrote: »
    Why the two?
    Tax - capital gains, though we are assessed together for PAYE but for capital gains its calculated separately, she just lets me get on with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Hi All,

Can someone check if DeGiro online is working for them today ?

I am not getting access to my account today.
    The message when I try to log in is the following;

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Hi All,

Can someone check if DeGiro online is working for them today ?

I am not getting access to my account today.
    The message when I try to log in is the following;

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Thanks,

Working for me

Working for me

Yeah its back working for me now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for Degiro to verify your account details?

I think it took 3-4 days for me but that was in 2015 so things may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Anyone having issues transferring money?

Made a transfer from my AIB account to Degiro last night but the money ended up being refunded to my AIB account today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Naos wrote: »
    Anyone having issues transferring money?

Made a transfer from my AIB account to Degiro last night but the money ended up being refunded to my AIB account today.

They changed accounts I think within the last year. I got caught the same way. Did you update their details?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I received some dividends in USD yesterday but they are staying on my portfolio as USD MMF. Any idea how I change them to Euro? I have Auto FX turned on so I thought that would automatically exchange them into Euro when I got paid them but it didn't happen for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I received some dividends in USD yesterday but they are staying on my portfolio as USD MMF. Any idea how I change them to Euro? I have Auto FX turned on so I thought that would automatically exchange them into Euro when I got paid them but it didn't happen for some reason.

Are they upcoming dividends or have you already received them in your account?

• Advertisement

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Are they upcoming dividends or have you already received them in your account?

I have already recieved them, they're in my account.

They will be converted in the next few days automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Outvestor

Is DeGiro the best platform to use investing in stocks in Ireland?

Are there are con's to the platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Outvestor wrote: »
    Is DeGiro the best platform to use investing in stocks in Ireland?
    To be honest, it is the only one (especially for small investors). It is in a completely different league for pricing compared to the traditional ones when it comes to people who want to invest thousands and tens of thousands.
    Outvestor wrote: »
    Are there are con's to the platform?
    Nothing major stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Not actually owning the stocks you buy maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

Taylor365 wrote: »

that's why you use a custody account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Shai wrote: »
    that's why you use a custody account
    And lose out on a slice of all your dividends too!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

And lose out on a slice of all your dividends too!

you're correct. I forgot about the dividend processing fee detailed in https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule_CUSTODY.pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

too much choice!!! I have no idea where to start with DeGiro -what how to buy etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tesla38

Hi,
    Can you explain to a newbie about owning stock?who does?also what about custody and tax on dividend?
    thanks

Advertisement