Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

thebusher wrote: »
    First time at the festival and looking at booking flights back to Ireland afterwards. Hearing nightmare tales of getting out on Monday. Is a 4pm flight from Bristol back doable if we are up early and get national express back? 

only other option is a 10pm flight with another 2 hour drive once we land ��

Yep, should be. Need to allow for a lot of hassle/traffic though mate. I reckon you'd need to allow for 3 hours to get to the airport from Gate A at the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

First time at the festival and looking at booking flights back to Ireland afterwards. Hearing nightmare tales of getting out on Monday. Is a 4pm flight from Bristol back doable if we are up early and get national express back? 

only other option is a 10pm flight with another 2 hour drive once we land ��

2017 I got a taxi at 1pm and was in Bristol airport at 2pm.

2014 a van broke down on one of the roads and we were stuck in traffic for 7 hours and missed our flight.

Its a bit of a lottery but its rare the place will be in lockdown. 3 hours should do it yeah.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

A lot of the nightmare stories that you'll hear will be from people trying to get out of the carparks as they are all single track roads so one broken down camper van and everything stops. If you are going for a taxi from the main gate that should limit your exposure to traffic hold ups as things happening on the main roads are easier for breakdown services to deal with and for the traffic to get around.

Over the years have had it take from 50 minutes after starting the engine to being back in Bristol and putting the iplayer highlights on, to 8 hours later and just made it to an A road.

robinph wrote: »
    A lot of the nightmare stories that you'll hear will be from people trying to get out of the carparks as they are all single track roads so one broken down camper van and everything stops. If you are going for a taxi from the main gate that should limit your exposure to traffic hold ups as things happening on the main roads are easier for breakdown services to deal with and for the traffic to get around.

Over the years have had it take from 50 minutes after starting the engine to being back in Bristol and putting the iplayer highlights on, to 8 hours later and just made it to an A road.

Its become a bit better in recent years as there are way less crusties with 50 year old vans that only get used once a year and tend to break down. Majority of vans now are brand spanking new and shiny. And very overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If the weather is muck, estimate goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Just booked my flights via Bristol for the Thursday with Aer Lingus. Looking forward to the line up now. 117 days to go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

First time at the festival and looking at booking flights back to Ireland afterwards. Hearing nightmare tales of getting out on Monday. Is a 4pm flight from Bristol back doable if we are up early and get national express back? 

only other option is a 10pm flight with another 2 hour drive once we land ��

I'll probably be booking the same flight back. 4pm is definitely doable if you leave the site by around 11am just to be safe! There's a 9pm flight too but I got that one last year and it was too late. Had ages to kill in bristol and it was annoying as I was wrecked and just wanted to go home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Easily one of the best live acts to see live . Seen them in Germany in 09 and Belgium in 10 and they were just off the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

The Nal wrote: »

Tragic. The guy was class. I've seen them about 5 times which is more than any other act for me. Watched their whole set at ep,loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

All ye dudes will probably have to get green cards now when travelling to the festival,

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All ye dudes will probably have to get green cards now when travelling to the festival,
    Judging by recent developments, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few more months.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Ticket resale will be on the 28th April:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/19/190307f.shtml

Worst possible day for me unfortunately as I'll be stood on the start line for London Marathon at that moment. Guess that's the end of that then. Been every year since '95 and it finally comes to an end. :(

robinph wrote: »
    Ticket resale will be on the 28th April:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/19/190307f.shtml

Worst possible day for me unfortunately as I'll be stood on the start line for London Marathon at that moment. Guess that's the end of that then. Been every year since '95 and it finally comes to an end. :(

Ah here, is there nobody else in your group trying? If you give me your reg number ill add you to my group, theres a few of us trying for one mate anyway.

Booking flights this week. I'm dragging my heels on this because I'm sick of giving Ryanair money and just had a sh!te experience with them...

Yeah, but they are running as well or lost interest for this year. I'll be getting them recruited instead though for hammering the website on my behalf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

I'm still looking for pair of tickets , and one else I same boat wanna group up and try?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

If you're determined enough, tickets become available in dribs and drabs after the resale. I've used https://www.followthatpage.com/ in the past to watch the ticket site to get notified of change. It's worked for getting tickets for a friend in May. (it's a few years since I've tried)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Flights and coach booked this week.

EP line-up next week and Glastonbury won't be far behind.

Getting excited for summer now :-)

beecee wrote: »
    (it's a few years since I've tried)

Hasn't happened in the last few years. There was the main resale and thats it. See tickets servers seem to have improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Hasn't happened in the last few years. There was the main resale and thats it. See tickets servers seem to have improved.

Really? Fair enough. I would have thought there's still gotta be some cancellations after the resale, but you're still on efestivals so you'd know better!

beecee wrote: »
    Really? Fair enough. I would have thought there's still gotta be some cancellations after the resale, but you're still on efestivals so you'd know better!

Yeah theres been a lot of disappointment in the last few years with no "secret" resales. In 2013 we got our tickets in the last secret resale on a Monday at 2pm and in 2014 my missus went on Seetickets at 2pm on the same date and got tickets for her mates. Not sure its happened since.

My advice for anyone trying it to obviously have as many as possible trying but go for coach. Amazing to me that some people still pass up a chance for a ticket that way.

Id say there's less tickets going back every year too. Yeah I really can't get my head around why people voluntarilly skip the coach sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id say there's less tickets going back every year too. Yeah I really can't get my head around why people voluntarilly skip the coach sale.
    If you get tickets through coach sale do u HAVE to go by coach? Reason I ask is we might bring some kids and I'm assuming coach part of ticket is just for one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

judeboy101 wrote: »
    If you get tickets through coach sale do u HAVE to go by coach? Reason I ask is we might bring some kids and I'm assuming coach part of ticket is just for one person.

Your entry tickets are handed to you by the coach driver as you get on the coach or sometimes during the journey so technically yes but if you dont turn up for the coach they hand your tickets in at Gate A where you can collect them..obviously just say your flight was delayed or something..but you would have to give it a couple of hours if coach is from bristol and hope the roads are not blocked delaying the coach.

Your entry tickets are handed to you by the coach driver as you get on the coach or sometimes during the journey so technically yes but if you dont turn up for the coach they hand your tickets in at Gate A where you can collect them..obviously just say your flight was delayed or something..but you would have to give it a couple of hours if coach is from bristol and hope the roads are not blocked delaying the coach.

I have heard that you can't get your tickets if you don't get the coach. The point of the coach tickets is to force people to get coaches as its better for the environment. If they were just handing the tickets out at gate A nobody would get the coaches and it would be pointless.

Judeboy I would email the festival and ask to be sure.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have heard that you can't get your tickets if you don't get the coach. The point of the coach tickets is to force people to get coaches as its better for the environment. If they were just handing the tickets out at gate A nobody would get the coaches and it would be pointless.

Judeboy I would email the festival and ask to be sure.

They'll leave them at Gate A. I've done it before.

There hasn't been one person in the history of the festival who hasn't been given their ticket for missing the coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

They'll leave them at Gate A. I've done it before.

There hasn't been one person in the history of the festival who hasn't been given their ticket for missing the coach.

Didn't know this. So would be worth going for a coach ticket (Bristol, Bath, London etc being the cheapest) and take the hit on the coach price and collect ticket from Gate A? Would be a nervy trip across!

• Advertisement

So you already have a coach with your ticket but you want to book a different one? I wouldn't unless the coach time or location is really really awkward. If you arrive at Gate A before your ticket will you have to wait? What if the bus with your ticket gets delayed for some reason?

I wouldn't do it and I think if you look for info about this from the festival (which is the only source I would trust) they will tell you to get the coach that comes with your ticket.

Here, I found the T&Cs in my email from 2017:

iHNkNRb.jpg

Advertisement