Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micky Jackson in trouble again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Boggles wrote: »
    Cool another attempted comparison between Saville and Jackson.

There was over 400 allegations against Saville out within 18 months of his death.

10 years on from Jackson, we have 2. The "master of deception" and his broke apprentice.

How many more years do you reckon?

its almost like not every abuser has the exact same profile

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

its almost like not every abuser has the exact same profile

I'm not the one making the comparison. :confused:

I'm not the one making the comparison. :confused:

the comparison is that theyre both pedo freakshows

That's not a comparison.

That's an opinion.

But sure, As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

When did people move from paedo to pedo? Still sounds wrong when I hear that pronounciation despite hearing it in American TV regularly

• Advertisement

That's not a comparison.

That's an opinion.

But sure, As you were.
    but thats all any of us can give, an opinion, including yourself.

and i feel safe as houses in my opinion that MJ was a freak and a Paedophile.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

batgoat wrote: »
    The problem here is I'm very much so being reminded of people leaping to the defence of Savile and explaining away his behaviour.

No its not. Its a separate issue entirely.

The issue here is two witnesses with serious credibility issues. Even a superficial look into their history will show this. The issue is also potentially false allegations.

Falsely alleging child abuse is as serious a crime as child abuse imo. It wastes police time when they could be investigating real abuse as seems to have happened with several cases in the UK such as the case of "Nick", a noted fantasist. It blackens names and ruins families.

So there has to be a high bar of evidence. Number 1 is credible witnesses who don't have a history of lying. Number 2 is the accused given their day in court or their lawyers the chance to mount a defence. A one sided documentary interviewing people with a history of lying is not the way to put someone on trial.

you'd swear the first we heard that he was a kiddie fiddler was from this documentary. He stated openly that he shared his bed with prepubescent boys. it only takes a bit of common sense. the man was a nonse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its extortion, plain and simple

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

On getting evidence of abuse. It is as pointed out difficult to gather direct evidence of abuse. What a prosecution would need is circumstantial evidence such as another abused individual whose testimony corroborates that of the accuser. Abuse is the most nefarious of all charges as it's so difficult to prove unless there is a smoking gun.

In the case of abuses in the Church it would be simple to point out that abuse was endemic, that it was prevalent and a prosecutor can validate a victim's account based on that but crucially there were typically other abuse victims which were needed to secure an actual conviction i.e. it was serial abuse, of many other victims etc. The principal in our primary school, a Christian Brother, had a case brought against him for molestation in the early 80's.

It was one ex-pupil making the claim. This was 20 years ago. It went to trial and he was exonerated. My mother was the cleaning lady at that time and would have been in the building after hours. The accuser mentioned that she would have been on the grounds when the abuse happened and she was asked by the defense to act as a witness for the Brother. She was cross examined. She had a master key, would have open access to every room. She never saw anything inappropriate. There were no other accusers and in the charged climate against religious institutions he was exonerated. He may well have abused this guy but there was no one else to corroborate his claims and the defense were capable of presenting him as an unsavory character, addiction problems and was in it only as a cash grab to feed his addiction. In the court of law the Brother was innocent. In the public court, given the climate, he must have been guilty; e.g. shure aren't they all at it?

In the case of Jackson, he may well have been a serial abuser, a pedophile who was hiding in plain sight, who actively groomed families of kid's for the ultimate purpose of molesting boys. In the court of public opinion, he is guilty but in a court of law, after an 18 month trial, he is innocent. All it needed was a solitary "Yes" to convict Jackson. A yes the prosecution failed to elicit.

Did he ever kiss you on the lips?
    Did he ever touch your genitals?
    Did he ever expose his genitals to you?
    etc etc

A "Yes" to any such questions, from any one person, from the cache of kids Jackson had interacted with for years and he'd have gone to jail. Arvizo, who like the ex-pupil may well have been abused, crucially needed someone to corroborate his accusations. Safechuck, Chandler, Robson could have given that Yes but didn't. Not sure if Chandler was gagged to that end. Thinking about my mother with the master key, for me the smoking gun, if there is one would be the security system in place to alert of any approaching persons. In that case, if my mother had to regularly open the Brother's classroom door, or noted it was persistently locked then a prosecutor would ask follow up questions asking if there were ever any pupils in the class room with the brother and with the door locked? Any pupils at all? If there were then that would be circumstantial evidence i.e. why feel the need to actually lock the classroom door. A skilled prosecutor would present it as circumstantial evidence i.e. no other doors were closed except his, he locked the door with pupils inside, while we can't provide direct evidence we can surmise that closing the door was not necessary etc. A jury would be convinced something was going on.

She said that while pupils were held back this must have been for detention but she said the door was never locked unless she had locked it herself, that it had been locked but with nobody inside and never recalled it being locked with anyone inside. Only she and the Brother had master keys. So yeah, a major celebrity sleeping in their bedroom by themselves or with their partner with a security system installed? Standard "Panic Room" territory. Remember the intruder who tried to get into Spielberg's home in the 90's? I am sure most high profile, LA Based celebs had such tech in their homes.

But a major celebrity sleeping in his bedroom with prepubescent boys, without their parents present, miles from LA, on a guarded private compound and with a similar state of the art security system? It's a miracle he got away with that and it's deeply bizarre that he or his entourage couldn't see the problem with that. Essentially, like the Brother needing a locked door, what the hell did he need a security system for unless he was up to no good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

fryup wrote: »
    its extortion, plain and simple
    Wo... another glib comment stated as fact. Are you going to elaborate? (Plot twist: he won't).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Many did, this is a good article listing a ton of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/michael-jackson-leaving-neverland-allegations-staff-friends-family/amp

But many would have signed confidentiality agreements and would have been afraid of the consequences of coming forward, legal and otherwise. Note the gang members he employed to 'be seen' around Neverland at the time of the Chandler trial.

Or maybe it was because most of his former staff that made statements against him had their credibility called into question when it was found out that some of them were stealing from him and were only motivated by money be selling lies and false statements to the press.

From the article you linked

"Her credibility came under question when it was revealed that Francia had also reportedly been paid $20,000 for an interview with Hard Copy after leaving Neverland."

"Chacon and a former maid were also found guilty of stealing belongings from Jackson’s estate, amounting to more than $50,000, and of accepting money in exchange for a tabloid interview."

"McManus had been part of the wrongful-termination lawsuit filed against Jackson, in hopes of making more than $16 million. Like Chacon, McManus was also found guilty of stealing items from Jackson’s home and accepting money in exchange for a tabloid interview."

"The couple lost credibility when it was discovered that they had tried to sell their story to The National Enquirer, allegedly altering details of their story in an attempt to get more money from tabloid outlets."

Or maybe it was because most of his former staff that made statements against him had their credibility called into question when it was found out that some of them were stealing from him and were only motivated by money be selling lies and false statements to the press.

From the article you linked

"Her credibility came under question when it was revealed that Francia had also reportedly been paid $20,000 for an interview with Hard Copy after leaving Neverland."

"Chacon and a former maid were also found guilty of stealing belongings from Jackson’s estate, amounting to more than $50,000, and of accepting money in exchange for a tabloid interview."

"McManus had been part of the wrongful-termination lawsuit filed against Jackson, in hopes of making more than $16 million. Like Chacon, McManus was also found guilty of stealing items from Jackson’s home and accepting money in exchange for a tabloid interview."

"The couple lost credibility when it was discovered that they had tried to sell their story to The National Enquirer, allegedly altering details of their story in an attempt to get more money from tabloid outlets."

Funny how every person who speaks against him (and there have been many) has credibility issues, yet the man himself is whiter than white. Despite his clearly inappropriate behaviour.

valoren wrote: »
    Not sure if Chandler was gagged to that end.

Chandler was not gagged, it's a myth put out there for obvious reasons

Apparently the prosecution pressured him to testify in 2005, he warned them if they didn't stop hassling him he would lawyer up, he eventually left the country.

He was hassled again for Robsons civil suit, Robson apparently tried to compel (bully) his family to testify.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

valoren wrote: »

Did he ever kiss you on the lips?
    Did he ever touch your genitals?
    Did he ever expose his genitals to you?
    etc etc

A "Yes" to any such questions, from any one person, from the cache of kids Jackson had interacted with for years and he'd have gone to jail. Arvizo, who like the ex-pupil may well have been abused, crucially needed someone to corroborate his accusations. Safechuck, Chandler, Robson could have given that Yes.

These questions are closed questions which is how trial lawyers examine witnesses. They stray away from Open-Ended questions as they can leave themselves open to testimony that either refutes the argument or confuses the jury.

However, Tom Mesereau gambled on asking a single open-ended question during cross examination, one which should have been a slam dunk for the prosecution:

"Why are you so angry with Michael Jackson?"

This should be completely obvious for a victim to respond to....why are you angry with him? It's obvious - because he abused me, because I put my trust in him and he manipulated me, because he molested me with my brother in the room, because he gave me alcohol when I was on cancer meds....etc etc. It was a golden opportunity on the stand to articulate exactly what had happened without being led by yes/no closed questions from the defence that themselves are designed to pursue a narrative, this allows you free reign on your own narrative.

But what was Arvizo's response?

"Because he stopped calling me and he didn't have to cut me out"

Note these are paraphrased so happy for someone to quote the full thing if you have the transcript. But wow. What an answer to give, because he stopped calling me? That's why you're mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Funny how every person who speaks against him (and there have been many) has credibility issues, yet the man himself is whiter than white. Despite his clearly inappropriate behaviour.

Funny how inappropriate behaviour and a couple of unsubstantiated allegations automatically make the man a paedophile.

yet the man himself is whiter than white.

Funny how inappropriate behaviour and a couple of unsubstantiated allegations automatically make the man a paedophile.
    "A couple of", "a bit of" - frequently very dishonestly used phrases.

"A couple of" means two.

Automatically makes? No. Makes it a likelihood? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Was listening to an interview on the Last Word with Mark Lester, was a close friend with Michael apparently. Godchild to some of his children. Doesn't have any contact with the family/children now though. Not sure why.

But he believes the accusations of sexual abuse to be a non runner but doesn't have any issue with the rest of the story, the time Jackson spent with these children and the relationship he had with them. Believes he was a child etc.

I hope all the people who came forward are lying as it would be such a monumental f*&k up by everyone involved if he did touch those kids inappropriately.

Regardless the relationships(which no one disputes) he had with them have had an adverse effect on them in my opinion. And they shouldn't have been subjected to it at 7 years of age.

"A couple of", "a bit of" - frequently very dishonestly used phrases.

"A couple of" means two.

Automatically makes? No. Makes it a likelihood? Yes.

Your opinion its a likelihood. You'd be laughed out of court with an assertion like that. Again people are basing their belief largely on a couple of people with a history of lying. Not really a solid basis to form an opinion.

Still waiting for the hundreds of new victims to come forward since Jackson's death. All we have is these two guys who could get nowhere in their legal suits.

• Advertisement

Your opinion its a likelihood. You'd be laughed out of court with an assertion like that. Again people are basing their belief largely on a couple of people with a history of lying. Not really a solid basis to form an opinion.

Still waiting for the hundreds of new victims to come forward since Jackson's death. All we have is these two guys who could get nowhere in their legal suits.
    Yes it is my opinion - and this is not a courtroom and I'll never be in a courtroom about it so... pointless comment.

Fryup is posting incredibly unsubstantiated bollox with zero attempt to back himself up - any comment to make on the sh1t he's posting? Nope, because he agrees with you.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Regardless the relationships(which no one disputes) he had with them have had an adverse effect on them in my opinion. And they shouldn't have been subjected to it at 7 years of age.

I'm not so sure there is evidence to back up that claim.

The evidence would point to the opposite, with kids and adults who spent time with Michael suggesting nothing other than him being a positive influence in their life. Vehemently so. The main cheer leader being Robson who echoed strongly what everyone else had been saying.

I'm not so sure there is evidence to back up that claim.

The evidence would point to the opposite, with kids and adults who spent time with Michael suggesting nothing other than him being a positive influence in their life. Vehemently so. The main cheer leader being Robson who echoed strongly what everyone else had been saying.

I guess we just disagree. It's not how I feel a child should be raised. I wouldn't allow mine sleep with a strange man. Different strokes I guess.

I guess we just disagree. It's not how I feel a child should be raised. I wouldn't allow mine sleep with a strange man. Different strokes I guess.

Neither would I. But that is moot to your point.

Your opinion is that Jackson damaged these kids by his inappropriate behavior, the evidence strongly suggests that isn't in fact true, but the opposite is.

Neither would I. But that is moot to your point.

Your opinion is that Jackson damaged these kids by his inappropriate behavior, the evidence strongly suggests that isn't in fact true, but the opposite is.

I feel they are not well adjusted adults. And I believe their upbringing played a part in it.

We disagree, it's fine.

I feel they are not well adjusted adults. And I believe their upbringing played a part in it.

I imagine that is true, but Jackson didn't "raise" either of the 2 lads in the "documentary".

In Robsons case for instance there is a history of mental illness on his fathers side, his mother was hardly a rock of sense either.

You have the other lads mother who looks "stoned" claim she danced the greatest dance ever when she heard Jackson died, all though she didn't know at that stage that her son had been "molested".

Maybe if they are are not well adjusted adults you should really point the finger of blame to the people who raised them and not an entertainer they spent some time with.

I imagine that is true, but Jackson didn't "raise" either of the 2 lads in the "documentary".

In Robsons case for instance there is a history of mental illness on his fathers side, his mother was hardly a rock of sense either.

You have the other lads mother who looks "stoned" claim she danced the greatest dance ever when she heard Jackson died, all though she didn't know at that stage that her son had been "molested".

Maybe if they are are not well adjusted adults you should really point the finger of blame to the people who raised them and not an entertainer they spent some time with.

I'm pointing the blame at all of them. Parents, Jacksons family/entourage and Jackson. And I've stated it previously.

You're arguing your defence of Jackson with the wrong person. I don't agree what he did was right, we disagree. I don't know why your so insistent on pushing it all away from him. But please leave me out of it. Cheers.

She's clearly struggling with her timelines and memory if she made that assertion. A half competent lawyer would pull her up on this instantly and her credibility as a witness in a court case would immediately be shot to pieces.

You can never underestimate the value of cross examination in uncovering provable lies. Lawyers are the world leading experts at cross examination and interrogation. If someone is lying they will uncover it in no time.

He had told her, it was the other guy who didn't tell his mother until after Jackson died.

Fair enough if you and other have doubts but why are you so doggedly determined not to believe those men? It's strangely aggressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No. You tried to insinuate and put it out there that it happened when Jackson was a child. It didn't.

It shows a pattern of behaviour, even back then
    No, just a simple question to clarify information I did not know. People do that, you know. You've managed to send it down this crazy rabbit hole all on your own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement