Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Or we could just lynch you as you've now become disposable. Plus I don't believe a word of your cock and bull story.

So in your version of events.

You're a disposable villager trying to draw a munch.

But you still want the village to lynch the guy with the role claim.

Riiiiight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    So in your version of events.

You're a disposable villager trying to draw a munch.

But you still want the village to lynch the guy with the role claim.

Riiiiight.

I don't believe a word of your horsesh1t claim, and I know I'm good. So yeah, I'm gonna keep me around over you all day every day.

Also Phil, if that's the case and my 'task' is so different from yours.... why am I definitely Wario...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Fair enough Angus, how bout a compramise. The parts I've done? I had to post a certain amount, do an FFA, and also a third part not completed yet. A part I feel its better for now not to name, in case the wolves don't have that same task. But IF Wario has the same challenge I do, then he might have had to do an FFA.

Your task was to post a certain amount and do an FFA and do some unmentioned thing.

Jeez, this is insufferable.

And on that basis you suspect vern for posting a 7 post elaborate sequence of 27 mini tasks.

That's hardly competing.
    I don't believe there is a task, and vern the nutter challenged himself to do that piece of genius.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

JauntyGlaringHartebeest-size_restricted.gif

I've played badly today. Maybe. Guess it depends what way Vernon swings. I'm sure as the titular character of this whole thing, it was hoped I'd last longer. I absolutely don't do well under pressure as a lone goody. But I think it's important to role reveal here in case there isn't an auto-priest too.

I'd ask everyone to go back, actually read Vernon's early posts (rather than letting others guide you) and come to a conclusion.

My read is Vernon was soft claiming Sonic with his first few gifs. Then he does the task (counting). Then he gets super pissy with me about me pointing out gifs should be examined. Messing round with why he did the task, and then posting the Sonic picture again.

Vernon, if you're good, I'm sharing the blame with you here. You did something obviously tasky and have been super vague about it when called out, and backed me into a corner as a result. I tried a few times to ward you away, to get you to back down and to consider the damage to your own standing if I die and flip back good. YOU lead me to the gallows here, so *shrug*

From where I'm standing, my massive concern is that Vernon is Wario. As Sonic, I know there's tasks to earn the Emeralds. As Sonic, I know that the competition for the Emeralds is separate to the challenge tomorrow. As Sonic, I know the chances of Vernon doing a task and not being Wario are less likely.

If I die now, hopefully there's an auto priest, hopefully Vernon IS Wario, and the chaos emeralds on this island is nullified.

I'd obviously much prefer we lynch Vernon first, but if we do, I'm dead either way tomorrow anyway. Either he flips good, and I imagine Knuckles guns me down (which I 100% deserve for playing a horrid game) or I'm right and the wolves off me tomorrow anyway. But it's an extra 12 hours anyway.

I think Vernon was setting up his claim as Sonic, but hilariously picked a day long fight with Sonic himself. Guessing he hoped Sonic would lie low for a bit, and Sonic and Wario could each throw their little tasks round unopposed. But given I look set for an early exit, felt it best to lay everything out here.

Angus, this is also why I'm super suspect of you and Desmond too. I'd advise peeking one of them (though in my scenario, one will peek good anyway). Your utter refusal to even consider the fact Vernon might be doing tasks worries me massively. You nailed your colours to the "Don't vote Vernon" mast and never seemed to give an inch on it at all. I spent the day saying 50/50, and it should have been at least a little suspicious that I was super confident in taking that 50/50 bet and run the risk of offing Sonic.

Anyway, there.
    Fair enough Angus, how bout a compramise. The parts I've done? I had to post a certain amount, do an FFA, and also a third part not completed yet. A part I feel its better for now not to name, in case the wolves don't have that same task. But IF Wario has the same challenge I do, then he might have had to do an FFA.

On the off chance you're good, I want to outline how I felt playing today. So at least there's an understanding of why I've "acted wolfy".

I make a throw away remark about being suspicious of giffers, which you work hard to turn into a big argument.

Over the course of the day, I tried to open windows for you to back the hell down from me. Instead, you intensified, daring me to out your task, daring me to continue going. You worked HARD all day to provide wolves with a very handy narrative and worked successfully to create me being the most likely to swing.

I talked about switching my vote to Desmond. You still continued.

I asked you what would happen if I flipped good and how would it affect your game. You still continued.

You post a two name FFA, knowing it dooms me to the noose.

I asked if there was a reason not to drag you under the bus with me in my reveal. You replied with a snarky gif.

You've spent the day antagonising me, leading me to the gallows and providing a very handy battle here tonight.

On the upside, your stance now seems to be you were drawing the munch towards yourself, so hey. same net result anyway. You and me dying now and tomorrow morning. And I'd rather the village off someone who admits to being disposable than lynching a good role claim ;)
    Also Phil, if that's the case and my 'task' is so different from yours.... why am I definitely Wario...

I've highlighted a few things in bold there Vernon, which highlight how Phil isn't sure of you. He suspects you are bad but falls short of saying that you are certainly bad. Where does Phil say you are definitely Wario?

• Advertisement

So here's my 'task'

Ok I'm finished with the pics for now Angus ol'buddy ol'pal.

Not much point in talking about the roles on the side of good, pretty clear what they do for the most part.

Evil Shaman gives me the jitters. Also Bowser is like the suckiest baddy that ever did suck.
    Tell me, Angus - you friend or foe?

Wonder if we have auto-priest.

Only time will tell I guess.
    That's pretty simple.

Here on Sonic World, the spiky folks are the good people, plus some extras.

Really the baddies are the mushroom eaters anyways.

Equally they're definitely bad here.

Easy answer though, village or baddie? I'm village anyways.
    For now I'm off to bed.

Only two of us about, and you're not sharing too much Angus :(

Unless you're evil?

Really hope you're not.
    Flip sake Angus

I asked a simple question.

Very odd you beat about the bush rather than answer.

Easily suspect, however lots yet to post.
    Sup Dessie.

I'm sure you've checked you're in the right thread.

Xylophones will attack you viciously if you aren't.
    So quick to anger Angus.

Even at this early stage.

Very worrying.

Extremely in fact.

Never mind, more will post before I cast my judgement.

Complete with smiley after I posted all seven.
    :D

And Phil's 'tasks' were to post a certain amount, post an FFA and open a mystery box he won't tell anyone about.

And people believe this? LOL

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I've highlighted a few things in bold there Vernon, which highlight how Phil isn't sure of you. He suspects you are bad but falls short of saying that you are certainly bad. Where does Phil say you are definitely Wario?

He's been going on that there's a 50/50 chance I'm Wario all day

He's been going on that there's a 50/50 chance I'm Wario all day

Fair, but since coming out as Sonic he hasn't said that means you are definitely Wario. Surely that would be the logical conclusion but he hasn't made that leap.

Fcuking epic self created task if I say so myself.

Fair, but since coming out as Sonic he hasn't said that means you are definitely Wario. Surely that would be the logical conclusion but he hasn't made that leap.

Any thoughts as to why? Same sh1t he's been at all day that made him wolfy. Hedging his bets

• Advertisement

Katie WW wrote: »
    afternoon folks
    reasing thru now. all standard with exception of those crystals
    anyone any thoughts on the crystals and super sonic and super wario? i imagine it wont play a role until later, maybe a bullet or something

Three posts and two of them mention the crystals. I wouldn't quite say things are standard but leaving that aside. What do you think of the crystals/tasks now Katie? Has your opinion changed on them not playing a role until later?

Any thoughts as to why? Same sh1t he's been at all day that made him wolfy. Hedging his bets

Maybe he's having doubts as to whether you are truly bad or not.

If you did make up your own 'task', then Phil's task could be legit right? No one should be comparing the two sets.

If I was bad and claiming a role and I'd done a task I'd have outed it during my claim. Phil didn't do that which makes me wonder why. Surely a wolf would have a tighter fake claim.

It's gone soooo quiet :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Eh. Who are we voting for? I'd still go Mary, but happy to move to her teammate Phil.

Maybe he's having doubts as to whether you are truly bad or not.

If you did make up your own 'task', then Phil's task could be legit right? No one should be comparing the two sets.

If I was bad and claiming a role and I'd done a task I'd have outed it during my claim. Phil didn't do that which makes me wonder why. Surely a wolf would have a tighter fake claim.

Maybe, but he still wants me dead so they're not really doubts :)

So here's my 'task'

Complete with smiley after I posted all seven.

And Phil's 'tasks' were to post a certain amount, post an FFA and open a mystery box he won't tell anyone about.

And people believe this? LOL

So you made up a 'task' for yourself, admittedly a very hard one. How does that affect the credibility of the 'task' Phil has claimed. You've already said the mods didn't give you your 'task' so why would the difficulty of that have any effect on the difficulty of Phil's 'task'?

So you made up a 'task' for yourself, admittedly a very hard one. How does that affect the credibility of the 'task' Phil has claimed. You've already said the mods didn't give you your 'task' so why would the difficulty of that have any effect on the difficulty of Phil's 'task'?

Ok, elaboration.

Why on God's earth would 'Sonic' Phil get so worked up about a 'task' that has no resemblance or similarity to his own?

And why would he not just point it out instead of talking about checklists and stuff all day?

I'm quite happy to park this Phil thing btw for another day in saying all of that, but not at my expense as I know I'm good and I think he's lying.

I've my vote in for Vernon, unsurprisingly.

Not sure how I read his play in the last hour. He's admitted to making himself a target via his task, which means he's painted himself as disposable. He still is advocating for me to die, and won't consider he's actually baited Sonic into having to out himself. And in the process, he continues to paint the target on his own back if/when I flip back as Sonic.

I'm dead tomorrow morning, surely.

But if Vernon lives now, I'd say the wolves will leave him either way. Why munch him then when they can leave him alive, and leave the village debating him all day? Maybe even waste a bullet. (And this is all presuming he's good and is also doubling down against me after the claim).

I've my vote in for Vernon, unsurprisingly.

Not sure how I read his play in the last hour. He's admitted to making himself a target via his task, which means he's painted himself as disposable. He still is advocating for me to die, and won't consider he's actually baited Sonic into having to out himself. And in the process, he continues to paint the target on his own back if/when I flip back as Sonic.

I'm dead tomorrow morning, surely.

But if Vernon lives now, I'd say the wolves will leave him either way. Why munch him then when they can leave him alive, and leave the village debating him all day? Maybe even waste a bullet. (And this is all presuming he's good and is also doubling down against me after the claim).

Before you die, tell us about the task.
    The more you tell us about it the easier it will be for us to catch wario.

Ok, elaboration.

Why on God's earth would 'Sonic' Phil get so worked up about a 'task' that has no resemblance or similarity to his own?

And why would he not just point it out instead of talking about checklists and stuff all day?

I'm quite happy to park this Phil thing btw for another day in saying all of that, but not at my expense as I know I'm good and I think he's lying.

Not sure why he'd get worked up to be honest. Maybe they thought they'd be very different task because otherwise Sonic and Wario would quickly know who the other was. We don't know what this third part of the task was though, which is curious. But again why leave out a detail like that if it is fake claim? Other than to buy time I suppose but seems very early to be trying to buy time.

• Advertisement

#FFA1 anyway.

Vernon - As I've made clear all day.
    Desmond - Fallen down the pecking order off the back his quietness today.
    Angus - More for the FFA than his subsequent full-throated support and defence of Vernon. An FFA of three quiet people gives absolutely ZERO to work with for the village as the game goes on.

Probably wrong on one of them. Would say it feels to me like there could be three very vocal wolves today and three villagers who aren't posting at all. :/

What in this post was the FFA bit of your task?

Angus WW wrote: »
    Before you die, tell us about the task.
    The more you tell us about it the easier it will be for us to catch wario.

I have to register a vote tonight. As in, I need one person to vote for me to get the lynch.

Thinking about it, probably wouldn't be this part of a task for wolves; they could vote for each other to achieve it.
    What in this post was the FFA bit of your task?

The task was just "Do an FFA".

8:59 is pulling it very close for me to try to pull my vote off you.

Not sure why he'd get worked up to be honest. Maybe they thought they'd be very different task because otherwise Sonic and Wario would quickly know who the other was. We don't know what this third part of the task was though, which is curious. But again why leave out a detail like that if it is fake claim? Other than to buy time I suppose but seems very early to be trying to buy time.

He's up for lynching. Stalling this reveal on the task makes sense so people vote for someone else, and then he turns around and says 'sorry lads, that was my bad'

I have to register a vote tonight. As in, I need one person to vote for me to get the lynch.

Thinking about it, probably wouldn't be this part of a task for wolves; they could vote for each other to achieve it.

Well, i'll vote for you, to fulfil that part of your task.

You mean you have to vote for someone or get someone to vote for you?

Well, i'll vote for you, to fulfil that part of your task.

I think Mary already has :pac:

Hopes for the next five minutes.

1. auto-priest
    2. I don't need to use the Father Ted gif.

I think Mary already has :pac:

Hopes for the next five minutes.

1. auto-priest
    2. I don't need to use the Father Ted gif.

but, you told her to vote for vern, no?

but, you told her to vote for vern, no?

And she's not been back since.

• Advertisement

He's up for lynching. Stalling this reveal on the task makes sense so people vote for someone else, and then he turns around and says 'sorry lads, that was my bad'

But it makes less sense than just making up a third part of the claim. That would be more convincing than saying there is some vague part of it.

Advertisement