Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TG1 wrote: »
    Couchside, watching taskmaster. So confused as to what's going on, but my favourite thread is back so yay! Also, eating my Cadbury with dime bar I lost yesterday! Happy out.

Eating Dairymilk here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don't know where I am...and I'm fecked if I know where I'm going!.... poor auld auto.. hope she knew!

I knew nothing and would like an explanation since myname is being used. Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

honeybear wrote: »
    Eating Dairymilk here

me too Cadburys is gone cat

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

TVside. Watching the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Autosport wrote: »
    What happened? I don't or didn't get the joke

Thanks for the pm's, I still love ye all :)

I think you got caught up in friendly fire is all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Watching the footie here too, having a bottle of coors light, that fcekin bacon was so salty I dunno how many I'll need to quench my thirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

What happened? I don't or didn't get the joke

It was a very poor attempt at a joke by one of the Mods (if it was intended as a joke which I believe it wasn't initially until they were called on it) in light of what has been going on here recently

I think you got caught up in friendly fire is all...

Dunno Mike - a power trip more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I knew nothing and would like an explanation since myname is being used. Pm me

PM sent.

I think you for caught up in friendly fire is all...

Sorry that wasn't directed at you but I do realise that I quoted your post.

I'm actually really peed off, can't watch soccer in peace and come back to this crap. I don't think I deserved any of that. It's a joke my eye

Auto signing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Kudos to _Kaiser_ in this other thread..... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057961405&page=3

Auto, you posted a comment about dropping a hand, you got banned for it, people jumped to your defence and you got unbanned :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Edward M wrote: »
    Watching the footie here too, having a bottle of coors light, that fcekin bacon was so salty I dunno how many I'll need to quench my thirst.

Put down the Coors Light and get a glass of water*. That'll quench your thirst.

* I fully expect this recommendation to be ignored! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Lads I just want to say... I really like this thread and we have great craic and it's a good group of different characters all with our own quirks and I'd hate to see it ruined. It would be such a shame. So I think we should call a halt to giving out about what happened last night and this evening.

In fairness to the mods in general, they're usually very good at moderating this thread and do let things run a lot of the time. Pter aswell seems a sound head and you can see he'll be a good addition to the group. The spotlight was on the thread over the on thread argument last week already so that might part explain why Nosnon went a bit rogue and locked the thread last night and then banned Auto today. It's clear Nosnon doesn't know the thread and has admitted on another thread he/she fuked up. Hopefully everyone will have learned something from the escapades of the last week or so. From the thread participants maybe less serious arguing and from the mod side might be helpful to have someone moderating who knows the thread. Would be such a shame to waste a really great easygoing thread on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

mzungu wrote: »
    Put down the Coors Light and get a glass of water*. That'll quench your thirst.

* I fully expect this recommendation to be ignored! :D

It won't be, I just will have the one.
    Ah I'm sorry the way this thread has gone, was a place of great craic until lately.
    I won't comment on the mods, sent my thoughts in pm but I'm sure if it was serious Auto would have been sent a pm of her ban.
    Taking myself a 24 hr self imposed ban, see how it goes, I'll miss it if its fceked up, but there's a lotta annoyance the last few nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I don’t think this thread is like it was, for the past while there’s been veiled digs, a bit of a clique and when I felt attacked by a poster for posts I always felt safe sharing, and pmd to find out what was going on, the poster in question took it back to the thread when I wasn’t online to defend myself.

The mods at the time decided for whatever reason, the whole argument wasn’t worth discussing.

We’ve always been respectful of each other and kind to each other, but the thread hasn’t been like that in recent times.

It was a **** call to ban auto, one of the most inoffensive posters on the thread, only ever positive things to say, but this isn’t the thread it once was.

Edward M wrote: »
    Ah I'm sorry the way this thread has gone, was a place of great craic until lately.
    I won't comment on the mods, sent my thoughts in pm but I'm sure if it was serious Auto would have been sent a pm of her ban.
    Taking myself a 24 hr self imposed ban, see how it goes, I'll miss it if its fceked up, but there's a lotta annoyance the last few nights.

It's started to remind me of my (dys)functional family Christmases :D
    Every now and then I pull a major dodge, but usually shuffle back again the next year and after a day or two the grousing starts build up again. And every year somebody different takes a break from the crazy. And every year somebody gets a bit bored and (not/onpurpose) starts pushing various buttons to see what'll happen.

But ya can't quite tune out completely :p

Myself And Nonson have discussed things in private and he's now going to behave himself or else he's going to meet evil Auto :)

Group hug

P.S Thanks for all the lovely messages and I still love you all :)

I'm now couchside watching champions league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

The thread is what we make it so I think we should just try to be as respectful and kind as we can to everyone who posts here. In general this is a lovely light hearted thread and it would be great if we could try to keep going and not give up. I really think aside from a couple of recent arguments that everyone is decent on this thread and posts in a friendly and supportive manner.

On my bed trying to warm up. Freezing my tits off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Kudos to _Kaiser_ in this other thread..... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057961405&page=3

Very disappointing to see such mod responses

First time on Boards that I've seen a use for a downvote option.

Thank you Kaiser, for a job well done :)

I don’t think this thread is like it was, for the past while there’s been veiled digs, a bit of a clique and when I felt attacked by a poster for posts I always felt safe sharing, and pmd to find out what was going on, the poster in question took it back to the thread when I wasn’t online to defend myself.

The mods at the time decided for whatever reason, the whole argument wasn’t worth discussing.

We’ve always been respectful of each other and kind to each other, but the thread hasn’t been like that in recent times.

It was a **** call to ban auto, one of the most inoffensive posters on the thread, only ever positive things to say, but this isn’t the thread it once was.

I agree with you Shoes about banning of auto but I really think bones is spot on. It still is a warm and open thread. There are lots of personalities so it makes sense to me that there be a bit of conflict now and then. We tend to get ourselves back on track though.

Let's put our best foots forward and continue to inform the rest of AH where we are, along with a few cat gifs, words of wisdom, jokes and sketches :D

• Advertisement

And I am making a present for you all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Another drawing ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And I am making a present for you all :D

Mona Lisa?

Succubus_ wrote: »

On my bed trying to warm up. Freezing my tits off :D

Normally I would offer assistance but I might get banned.....:D

Now you all have to just wait and see! :p

I am couchside half watching an old black and white while himself feeds me oranges :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ...and yet you're still discussing it!

This actually made me laugh at loud.... pot - kettle - black.... those accusing of veiled digs and accusations are the ones doing them!

This is getting so far beyond ridiculous... enjoy the backbiting kids, I'm out.

Well if you’re offended by my posts deja, report them. Or pm me and I’ll try be less offensive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on bed watching champions league

Pter aswell seems a sound head and you can see he'll be a good addition to the group.

Any other mod you think is a sound head bones :pac:?
    ough.

along with a few cat gifs,

Now you're talking my language :D......................Just don't attempt too draw them ok :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nodding off in the chair. I think I'm take a walk around the property and have my first cigarette of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Normally I would offer assistance but I might get banned.....:D

Well I do like a bad boy :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

smurfjed wrote: »
    Another drawing ?????

Oh sweet Jesus... lock the thread..lock the thread..I can't see her feet again!!!

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement