Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - #1 Cheerlouth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh this is a good one!

I'd tell them that we are the county of legends - Cuchulainn, the Salmon of Knowledge, the Brown Bull of Cooley - all happened in Louth.
    And we are a county full of history - the Battle of the Boyne, Cromwell ransacking Drogheda etc. Legend, History & Modern Day all mixed up together - :D

Ah ha! I see you fell in to my trap! I had theory that Louth is not a real place (just like East Meath), and since the above in bold never happened this just confirms it.

Only kidding, I also see you are fan of Joe Rogan

• Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I learned to drive in mid-90s VW Polo. 1.4 Petrol, went like the clappers! It's always had a special spot in my heart! Shouldn't have sold it!

Very true lots of people love there first car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

ChewChew wrote: »
    Loving this:) your answers are great!!

1) dream holiday destination that you have been to or would love to visit?

2) favourite song and artist?

Cambodia - I'd love to go and see all the temples there. I'd say it's fabulous! I also love the idea of India because I think it's totally different to anywhere else, but it gets a lot of bad press which makes me less eager to go
    ChewChew wrote: »
    2) favourite song and artist?

I don't have one song or artist that I'd say are my absolute favorites! I like quite a mix! These are the ones I want played at the wedding by the DJ so some of my favs:

- The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
    - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
    - Hanson - MMMbop

I learned to drive in mid-90s VW Polo. 1.4 Petrol, went like the clappers! It's always had a special spot in my heart! Shouldn't have sold it!

I should have said that I learned to drive in a mid-90s Polo - not in the mid 90s - cos I was about 10 & that would have been crazy lol!
    Very true lots of people love there first car!

It was a brilliant car - the water pump was finicky on it & every now and again, it would overheat & I'd have to turn on the heater to max to try and get some of the heat off the engine - good times :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Hi CheerLouth,
    here is mine:

Which actor would play you in your Biopic ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hi CheerLouth , great questions already asked and answered !

Here's mine ,

If you had one full day , just for yourself , how would you spend the time ?

otnomart wrote: »
    Hi CheerLouth,
    here is mine:

Which actor would play you in your Biopic ?

Sandra Bullock - solely based on the fact that she has a similar hair colour to mine!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hi CheerLouth , great questions already asked and answered !

Here's mine ,

If you had one full day , just for yourself , how would you spend the time ?

Oh this is something I dream about quite a lot :p

I'd have a nice lie in (but not too late, don't want the day to be wasted :p), get up, have a potter around the house, maybe get out for a walk. I'd go for Afternoon Tea somewhere very nice, then maybe head off to the cinema or else head home, have a nice hot bath, face mask etc, then chill out in front of the telly with a nice glass of vino! :D

The reality is that while I often dream about having more time to myself, on the rare occasion that I am alone in the house, I wander around like a spare part missing the chaos! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

enjoying your answers CheerLouth !
    JNfGfXF.gif

Deja Boo wrote: »
    enjoying your answers CheerLouth !
    JNfGfXF.gif

Thank you! It's been fun! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Only catching up here after a few days:

Cheerlouth: 2 more questions
    Do you send postcards when on hols? 😎
    Do you have any pets and are you a dog/cat or both person? 😻🐶

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sundew wrote: »
    vAaXtiU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

:D:D:D Sundew always remember to check the phrasing of your posts before posting!

Sundew wrote: »
    Only catching up here after a few days:

Cheerlouth: 2 more questions
    Do you send postcards when on hols? 😎

I haven't sent a postcard on hols in years! Although we don't manage many holidays these days!

We have a cat (sort of) - he hangs around between our house and next door. He's a bit of a nuisance but I'd prob be devastated if something happened to him - which is highly likely as he's as old as the hills!

I'm not really a dog person - I'll prob be kicked out of the forum now :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Prepare to serve a 3 month ban for not liking dogs!

The 3 months will be served in dog years. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Favourite beverage, hot, and also alcoholic (not necessarily at the same time)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I said 'Careful Now'... you can't say you weren't warned!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Are you prepared to change your answer and say how much you love dogs before we sic ours on you? :D

Caranica wrote: »
    Favourite beverage, hot, and also alcoholic (not necessarily at the same time)?

Hot beverage: Tea!

Alcoholic: Red wine or else a G&T :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

What's number one on your bucket list?
    If you had to have all your holidays forever more in one place only, where would you pick?

• Advertisement

What's number one on your bucket list?
    If you had to have all your holidays forever more in one place only, where would you pick?

I don't have a bucket list!

Oh holidays in one place - somewhere in France!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hi again CheerLouth :) ...a couple more if you don't mind?

Are you a cheery morning person or night owl?
    Have you ever worn, or do you now own..... a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers? :D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hi again CheerLouth :) ...a couple more if you don't mind?

Are you a cheery morning person or night owl?
    Have you ever worn, or do you now own..... a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers? :D

Cheery morning person! I get up and get going! :D

I don't recall owning a pair of fuzzy bunny slippers - I'm always afraid that I'll slip in them (it's my inner 90 year old :o). I do currently have a nice big pair of fluffy boot style slippers that my cousin gifted to me - I save them for extra cold days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Do you wear socks at home or go barefoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭DvB

When younger what did you want to be, job wise? (i.e doctor, nurse, teacher, vet, astronaut etc.)
    & Did you ever even come close to being what you'd hope to be?

If you could have any job now, what would it be?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Favourite season?

Do you wear socks at home or go barefoot?

Bit of both! We have underfloor heating so can comfortably just walk around in socks or barefeet. I've got the coldest feet known to man so I tend to wear my socks more!

DvB wrote: »
    When younger what did you want to be, job wise? (i.e doctor, nurse, teacher, vet, astronaut etc.)
    & Did you ever even come close to being what you'd hope to be?

As a teenager, I desperately wanted to be a midwife. Then I did a work experience in Transition Year on a post natal ward & I hated it! Obviously there was a limit on how much they can show a 15 year old but it was more that the staff were horrid. It totally turned me off :(

But now, nearly 20 years later (:eek:), I'm a trained birth Doula which is the nice bit of birth - supporting the expectant couple during the most amazing day of their lives :D
    DvB wrote: »
    If you could have any job now, what would it be?

It would be to succeed as a Birth Doula. When I did my training last year, I was full of the hopes that this was going to be a great new career. But sadly reality is that we need to pay the bills and childcare is an issue as Mr. CL travels a lot for work so I can't just take on a job that might require me to leave in the middle of the night and not come back for two days :(:( Adulting sucks sometimes!

Loughc wrote: »
    Favourite season?

Toss up between Winter (cos Christmas :D) and Spring - I love the anticipation of winter coming and Christmas getting close but I equally love to see the evenings getting longer & the snowdrops & daffs coming out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,218 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What was the worst thing you ever did at school?

Advertisement