Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

jaymla627 wrote: »
    It’s telling Glanbia don’t seem to be announcing any new schemes for 19, three schemes finished up here at the end of 18 and noting as of yet rolled out to replace them, it smacks of them holding of to see how britexit pans out

One of those schemes was 28cpl, thank god it's ended

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

they have had strained relations with "the customer" involved in some of those schemes closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

whelan2 wrote: »
    One of those schemes was 28cpl, thank god it's ended
    Your the first to mention a scheme that wasn't as profitable

kevthegaff wrote: »

did you hear about the one where some had to give back money

kevthegaff wrote: »

I was lucky I only got a small allocation. Those who got larger ones would have been losing on average 3cpl on base price per month over the duration of the scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭alps

Was that Grennans scheme? Did glanbia pay over the 31.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Their should be a really good top-up on that one, for 18, given price inflation index, will more than compensate for money took back last year

alps wrote: »
    Was that Grennans scheme? Did glanbia pay over the 31.5?

No. one of the earlier ones had agri inflation adjusters aligned to it.
    In fairness another one had a pay out also.
    Obvs the clawback caused a few raised eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭jaymla627

No. one of the earlier ones had agri inflation adjusters aligned to it.
    In fairness another one had a pay out also.
    Obvs the clawback caused a few raised eyebrows.

Issue their was it was taken from milk accounts without any notification our previous warning, their was a lot of milk managers getting f**ked out of it that week

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Their should be a really good top-up on that one, for 18, given price inflation index, will more than compensate for money took back last year

May well be.
    Point is they are never straight forward and only breed distrust.
    Was it in 2016 that the 29 cent one was issued .
    First 18 mths at a price worthy of consideration but the sting was your vols were doubled for a further 18 mths at same price.
    Double ouch

• Advertisement

May well be.
    Point is they are never straight forward and only breed distrust.
    Was it in 2016 that the 29 cent one was issued .
    First 18 mths at a price worthy of consideration but the sting was your vols were doubled for a further 18 mths at same price.
    Double ouch
    Aye and lads couldn't post the forms away fast enough to join in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Why not? They are offering a fixed price for 3 years(on 10% of last years supply figures max) at the same price as it's currently at. You must forsee great prospects for milk price despite Brexit?

I'm a Kerry supplier,so it's not very tempting from my point if view, I suppose. I didn't realise Dairygold were so far behind Kerry in current milk price,( 32 v 30.85) as I thought they were usually similar. Over the last 3-4 years I've haven't fixed or forward sold under 32.5c. Also it's only 10% so the end result will be small. I wouldn't foresee Brexit as a positive, but I wouldn't be fixing below current for three years on some thing that might never happen.
    Everyone knows their own situation and purchaser best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

On the fixed schemes I don’t get the crying wolf ,no one was forced to sign.if price had tanked (it will)you’d of been sitting pretty .any fixed scheme north of 31 cent I’d be fixing a portion under 30 no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mahoney_j wrote: »
    On the fixed schemes I don’t get the crying wolf ,no one was forced to sign.if price had tanked (it will)you’d of been sitting pretty .any fixed scheme north of 31 cent I’d be fixing a portion under 30 no
    That was probably the reason people flocked to the scheme, the thoughts of milk in the low 20s. If it had hit that level, they would have been delighted to have as much as possible in the scheme.

In fairness, it's an insurance product, you take a hit on price if it goes up so you benefit on price if it drops below. I maxed out on the Kerry scheme 15 months ago as it looked like prices would drop well below 30 at the time. I lost a little last year, I might gain a lot this year if a no-deal Brexit happens.

That was probably the reason people flocked to the scheme, the thoughts of milk in the low 20s. If it had hit that level, they would have been delighted to have as much as possible in the scheme.

In fairness, it's an insurance product, you take a hit on price if it goes up so you benefit on price if it drops below. I maxed out on the Kerry scheme 15 months ago as it looked like prices would drop well below 30 at the time. I lost a little last year, I might gain a lot this year if a no-deal Brexit happens.

Agree with both of ye . It's the contingencies built into the contingency that irk me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

GDT up 6.7%.
    ChgHxog.jpg

Glanbia holding milk price with a 2c top up, 1c from co-op and 1c from PLC. 30.6c excluding vat whatever the feck that comes to.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/first-processor-sets-milk-price-for-january-440228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Glanbia holding milk price with a 2c top up, 1c from co-op and 1c from PLC. 30.6c excluding vat whatever the feck that comes to.
    https://www.farmersjournal.ie/first-processor-sets-milk-price-for-january-440228
    Linky

Their 'press announcement' you'd need to read twice
    Parsed I think they're saying 30c base
    1 cent 'interim' market payment for January supplies (why that's not a 31c base I don't know but I'd assume they're hinting that January should be returning more than 31c base but that their mathematician is out on annual leave)

Good news is the trading bonus is being paid,a nice average 2850 for most
    Whether you got charged €5400 extra because their prices are dear,needs the sums done,maybe a nixer for the mathematicians on leave
    Anyhow here's the text

"Glanbia Ireland (GI) has maintained its base milk price for January at 30 cpl including VAT, for manufacturing milk at 3.6% fat and 3.3% protein. In addition, Glanbia Ireland will make an interim market payment of 1cpl (including VAT) on all January milk supplies (excluding Fixed Milk Schemes paying above 31cpl). Glanbia Co-op will make a support payment to Members of 1 cpl including VAT.

The Glanbia Ireland payments and the Glanbia Co-op support payment will be adjusted to reflect the actual constituents of milk delivered by suppliers.

Glanbia Chairman Martin Keane said: “Glanbia Ireland is holding its base price at 30cpl and paying a 1 cent per litre interim market payment as we await developments. Lower supply from key EU regions and a positive GDT has helped market sentiment, but Brexit and global trade tensions continue to create uncertainly around market direction”.

Glanbia Co-op to pay €10.9m Trading Bonus to Members based on 2018 milk supply
    Glanbia Co-operative Society (“Glanbia Co-op”) has confirmed that a total of €10.9 million will be paid to milk supplier Members of the Co-op this month as part of its 2018 Trading Bonus Scheme. The Milk Supplier Trading Bonus payment will be made to qualifying Members with their January milk payment and is based on 2018 milk supply volumes.

A total of 3,755 Glanbia Co Members will receive an average Milk Supplier Trading Bonus of €2,850. Two-thirds of Trading Bonus recipients qualified for the top rate bonus payment of 0.75 cent per litre (plus VAT) on their 2018 milk supply as they spent over 7 cpl with Glanbia Ireland last year.

In the coming weeks a further €3m in 2018 Trading Bonus Scheme payments will be made to Members with the distribution of the Grain Supplier Trading Bonus and the Feed Trading Bonus.

Martin Keane said that the Trading Bonus rewards Glanbia Co-op Members for trading with the business that they majority own, Glanbia Ireland. “It is an equitable and transparent means of returning a share of Glanbia Ireland’s profit to active farmers,” he said.
    "

Thanks, the Journal article was very confusing for a non Glanbia supplier.

• Advertisement

Kerry unchanged @32c

New Glanbia fixed price 2 year scheme at 31.5cpl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

whelan2 wrote: »
    New Glanbia fixed price 2 year scheme at 31.5cpl

Dairygold are doing the same price for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Interesting article in the comic about wyeth and danone. Importing 50k tonne annually of product we produce here

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dalalada

Can anyone tell me in plain language what it takes for milk to go into the 40s again? and will it ever happen. it's a joke how fert and feed price rises dramatically in 10 years yet milk stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

dalalada wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me in plain language what it takes for milk to go into the 40s again? and will it ever happen. it's a joke how fert and feed price rises dramatically in 10 years yet milk stays the same.

Be careful what you wish for. Milk at 40c/l would encourage the high input low margin milk powerhouses like the USA to absolutely turn on the taps and pump out milk, which would inevitably be followed by a huge oversupply, and milk back to 25c/l. In the context of the Irish grass based system, 2bh if you are struggling to make a reasonable living at the second with the base at 32c/l, alongside the likes of 5c/l on top of it for solids then you serously need to examine yourown system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Dairygold held at 31.5

GDT up 0.9%
    Xs7Jvx7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Mooooo wrote: »
    Dairygold held at 31.5

As a non dairy lad, is that what ye get paid, or is there extra depending on solids and things?

Advertisement