Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Best thing about this dgw for me is that I now dont have to worry about hazard captainers at home to huddersfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Between the fact Everton's extra game is City and rotation within City is fierce I'd not be too inclined to go nuts. I've Digne and Sane at the moment. Maybe might try get Laporte or Ederson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Will Mendy be back in time for this DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sorry I haven't looked at the whole dgw/blank situation yet, but would free hit be an option for 25 for someone still with a WC?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sorry I haven't looked at the whole dgw/blank situation yet, but would free hit be an option for 25 for someone still with a WC?

Depends what kind of team you’re likely to have in the interim. There’ll be less blank weeks with the way the FA Cup has gone but I still think it’d be more use to you to have it for that week if City, United and Chelsea are all on blank weeks and probably more depending on the form players at the time.

• Advertisement

It really depends when you plan to use your other chips. Id be thinking FH makes most sense in dgw 32 between both blank weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I have Digne and Richarlison so will probably keep those two and get one of Sterling, KDB or Sane in and that will be it for DGW25.

I don’t really see much potential in it given the fixtures for all concerned and the obvious City rotation nightmare. City also have Chelsea a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Have Digne, Ricky and Sterling.

Likely to do Alli to Sane this week, and then Auba or Firmino to Aguero next week.

There's nothing there that doesn't seem unreasonable for 5 of the best DGW options!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

A DGW for City basically means you're guaranteed 90mns from Sterling/Sane/Aguero etc. Wouldn't be expecting anything more than that.

I have Sane, Sterling and Digne, can't see myself buying anyone else for that week. Will probably move Digne and Sane on afterwards tho (was planning on moving both in 27), very happy with the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Any ideas when Chelsea's match they're missing in GW27 will be?

Planning on using FH in W32, Wildcard in 34 and BB in 35. Ideally I'd also like to use TC on a double week but I just don't fancy this one at all cos City don't exactly have easy fixtures and very hard to be certain who'll play both games.

• Advertisement

Any ideas when Chelsea's match they're missing in GW27 will be?

Planning on using FH in W32, Wildcard in 34 and BB in 35. Ideally I'd also like to use TC on a double week but I just don't fancy this one at all cos City don't exactly have easy fixtures and very hard to be certain who'll play both games.

As long as they stay in Fa cup and Europa league it can only be rescheduled in 32 or 35. If they make the finals of both those competitions who knows what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Would be interesting if GW32 was the best week for both FH and TC (and arguably BB)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

spock. wrote: »
    Would be interesting if GW32 was the best week for both FH and TC (and arguably BB)

Can only use one chip per week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can only use one chip per week

That's why it would be interesting..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wouldn’t be sold on lots of City players for the DGW

Pep plays FPL himself and will see this as a week where everyone is triple City

He’ll do the opposite, play none of the usual suspects and gain lots on his opponents in ML’s as we have Bedranek, Bennett & Kamara subbing in for a total of 0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have Richarlison and Digne. Will bring in 2 City and leave it at that.

With having 3 Liverpool, who are at Old Trafford, GW27 could get tricky very quickly with no City, Everton or Hazard available.

Also, with 3 games in 7 days, is anyone confident of any City player, bar Ederson, getting 180 mins in the DGW? Even if they do, you then know they won’t play in GW26 :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Thinking

Eriksen/Salah to Sane/Sterling

Rashford/Salah to Sane/Aguero

Not sure which one to go with...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

City defenders are probably the most likely to get two games. Doubt ill be looking at anyone other than keeping Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

castie wrote: »
    Thinking

Eriksen/Salah to Sane/Sterling

Rashford/Salah to Sane/Aguero

Not sure which one to go with...

Do not get rid of salah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The DGW confirmed me getting Sterling in.

Digne Richi Sterling Aguero.

Maybe get Sane in.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Do not get rid of salah!!

I'd get him back again but it's the only way I can fund two players in really.

I could instead do trippier/Eriksen to Laporte/Sane

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    I have Digne and Richarlison so will probably keep those two and get one of Sterling, KDB or Sane in and that will be it for DGW25.

I don’t really see much potential in it given the fixtures for all concerned and the obvious City rotation nightmare. City also have Chelsea a few days later.

this is a very important point.

I've Sane, Laporte and Digne, and upon reflection, that is probably enough. there's no point in loading up on Everton, and City rotation is absolutely nailed on.

unless Salah gets injured, I'll just risk not having Sterling or KDB. it should be fine in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It's a real doozy I have to say (how much to invest in this City DGW), I feel like it could be a crucial point in the season in terms of who gets this right.

I think if you're chasing a ML and are quite far behind it makes sense to go deep in City, maybe look to bring in Aggy and TC him.

At the moment I will only have one FT for GW25 with Digne and Sane in my team.

I'm not really willing to give up Haz at home to Huds for a City mid who may well not play both DGW games.

The other reasonable option worth considering might be to ditch Robbo for Laporte who I'd be confident of getting two games. But that would be 0.2 lost on Robbo (if I wante dto get him back at some point) who's been very consistent.

Outside of that there's almost no way for me to easily pivot to a City player without taking a hit. Taking a hit seems unwise with City blanking so soon after, it seems to negate the DGW benefits. The only exception to this I'd say would be if I was taking the plunge on Aggy and giving him the TC.

I'm looking then at likely not making any further moves on City players. Will likely captain Sane to offset some of the relative lack of investment in City. I think he's likely enough to start both games. Hope to get through the DGW without losing too many points to rivals and then hopefully be in a much better place than others to negotiate 27.

It is very hard though, not attacking a City DGW intuitively seems unwise but Chelsea in 26, blank in 27 and rotation risk with games coming thick and fast definitely make it less clear cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Morzadec wrote: »
    It is very hard though, not attacking a City DGW intuitively seems unwise but Chelsea in 26, blank in 27 and rotation risk with games coming thick and fast definitely make it less clear cut.

I'm finding it difficult too. Have no City players and to get a mid in I'd have to move away from my strong front 8 to facilitate it. I don't want to sell my other mids or Rashford or Jiminez so Ricky would need to be sacrificed and that doesn't make any sense. Too much upheavel for a player that might not even start both games. The most straightforward option I have is an Auba to Aguero swap which I can then reverse in gw27.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I'm definitely not aboard the aguero train for this dgw nearly seems nailed on for 120 mins he will either play 90 on Saturday and come on for 30 on Wednesday or he will play the first hour of both. Can't see him not starting against arsenal. Half tempted to whip out the TC on sterling though he's done well against arsenal before and Everton are very shaky at the back. Have sane digne and Ricky too so not interested in getting more as 2 of 4 will be going afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think its a case of if you have City/Everton players keep them, if you don't don't buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Aggy *sigh

What the f**k is wrong with people? Why are you trying to ruin the greatest ever FPL player? Why would you do that?

Are you the guy who filmed that crash on the M50?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

For the love God please stop calling him Aggy!
    If Aguero is too long, then surely Kun would be easier.

Sorry, Monday rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is Danilo a serious option now? Has played 90 mins the last 5 or 6 gws. 21 points the last 2 weeks. Very attractive price at 5.1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Is Danilo a serious option now? Has played 90 mins the last 5 or 6 gws. 21 points the last 2 weeks. Very attractive price at 5.1...

it's so tricky.

he'll definitely play one game, but it is quite literally impossible to predict what teams Pep will pick for each game with so many pretty important ones in quick succession.

Mendy is pretty much back.
    Zinchenko is an option.
    Walker is always available at RB.

Defensively, Laporte and Ederson are really the only ones you can be anyway confident in getting 2 games out of. And at that, Laporte could even be rested (even though he's just finished a 2 game rest).

Advertisement