Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average dublin docklands tenants salary.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hedge funds snapped up thousands of units(apartments)

Shocking stuff really is.

This country is absolutely fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

or Quangos

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Whatever it is they must be worth as much as 3 regular people..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I assume they mean tenancy i.e. couple each on €58,547.5 as most of those places wouldnt be a single person on their own renting the place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

biko wrote: »

...dam its nearly 4 of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

biko wrote: »

Must be a Traveller so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

What do people expect really? Are we not allowed high income areas outside of South County Dublin or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hmmm, how does an estate agent know how much someone is earning when renting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Zardoz wrote: »

They usually look for proof of ability to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The headline says 'tenant'.

Maybe I'm just clueless, but I wouldn't have thought there were that many people/professions in this country on that kind of money, so it was a shock to me.
    A shock that you could be on that kind of money and renting too.

Zardoz wrote: »

Not hard to work it out.

Who do you know that could afford 2,500 never mind 3,500 but the over 4k mark.

I would say with Brexit it could get even worse.

I would love a crash though where the hedge funds get burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Giveaway wrote: »
    or Quangos

Only the top level management of your average quango would be paid anywhere near that salary

Addle wrote: »

Maybe I'm just clueless, but I wouldn't have thought there were that many people/professions in this country on that kind of money, so it was a shock to me.

Banks, Google, Facebook, apple and many many more where they are on big money.

Lots of these would be single occupancy too.

Some are snapped up by the company themselves and put staff up in alao.

It wouldn’t be too unusual for a couple who are in middle management to earn 60k each. The combined household income would be 120k. I haven’t read the whole article, is this 117k before or after tax?

Because 117k BEFORE tax is not that shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Article wrote:
    Kennedy Wilson’s Capital Docks scheme. Renters can expect to pay €3,300 for a two-bedroom apartment.

I'm a renter who would like to pay €3,300 for a two-bedroom apartment. Lazy, lazy journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,787 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm confused what should we be outraged about.?

Two middle management people sharing an apartment in Dublin?

Arggghhh outrage.... Outrage. Arggghhh...

Have I got this right ?

Two guards with overtime and in the force for 15 years would be on the same

The headline says tenant. Implies one persons income to me. The article doesn't expand.

And who is outraged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Hedge funds snapped up thousands of units(apartments)

Shocking stuff really is.

This country is absolutely fcuked.

How does this show the country is ****ed? People on high salary paying high taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

But what about the homeless, and the hospital waiting lists?!?!?!? It's a fukkin disc race.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Well, renting may well just be a choice. Maybe they don't want to stay in that area forever
    Don't see why it would be a shock

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ex pats on temp contacts for a year or two who transfer and get tax breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Stheno wrote: »

Including the top 1 or 2 who probably take in a couple of million a year, which massively skews the average figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I'm a renter who would like to pay €3,300 for a two-bedroom apartment. Lazy, lazy journalism.

So, €1,650 a month each, bit more than €400 a week. It’s still affordable. It would fcukin sicken me to pay it, but assuming I could give up the car and walk to work, I could pay it and still afford to live. Look up rents in NYC and then come back to me!!

The headline says tenant. Implies one persons income to me. The article doesn't expand.

And who is outraged?

Even still. Tech companies, finance, IT, are booming and paying big money for people who have very particular sets of skills. So it isn’t that hard to believe a single private sector person being paid this much. You’re coming across as very naive.

IT, Finance, tax and Treasury

The tax savings for being based there are worth far more to the companies at a corporate level

fxotoole wrote: »
    Even still. Tech companies, finance, IT, are booming and paying big money for people who have very particular sets of skills. So it isn’t that hard to believe a single private sector person being paid this much. You’re coming across as very naive.
    Well I'm a public sector employee so that kind of money is alien to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

The real crime is that the REITs who own those apartments aren’t paying much tax on their income.

Advertisement