Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temporary clerical officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm open to correction but think DFA conduct their own interviews for jobs in passport offices even if temporary?

Thank you for the update....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

I've heard a rumor that this TCO campaign will ditch the formal chat for a competency based interview like the C.O, anyone hear anything about this?

I've heard a rumor that this TCO campaign will ditch the formal chat for a competency based interview like the C.O, anyone hear anything about this?

Not heard anything - maybe a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I'm pretty sure it was in the information booklet that the interview stage of this campaign was competency based.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

It will be mid-January before we hear – I read that somewhere on the info we got. So, we could start hearing as early as Monday week 14/1

I agree that the competition is very early this year, but I think it is all to do with Brexit and the massive amount of passport applications received and double that to what they are expecting later this year. It has been on the news that all the passport offices are very short staffed at the moment.

Those who are successful could be called for placement (interview pending) earlier than previous years, I think.

I'm wondering if the contracts will be longer than the previous 13-week ones? Now that would be cool!!

Dublintigger
    The 2019 passport office interviews have already been done. They were not done through PAS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Any signs of the results yet?

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Any signs of the results yet?

I'm guessing that it will be early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I emailed them actually. Said they should be this week and if not by Friday to ask again. So my guess is Friday evening.

I emailed them actually. Said they should be this week and if not by Friday to ask again. So my guess is Friday evening.

Cool - thanks for making the call :):)

Rock on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

When you are placed how long is it for?

If anyone who has been appointed wouldn't mind sharing the length of time they held their position for I would be very grateful.

Does anyone have any experience of claiming FIS or WFP as it is now called while employed as a TCO?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

emalou wrote: »

If anyone who has been appointed wouldn't mind sharing the length of time they held their position for I would be very grateful.

Does anyone have any experience of claiming FIS or WFP as it is now called while employed as a TCO?

Thanks in advance.

Generally speaking it's usually a 12 week contract with a possibility of extension depending on need. Could be longer if you're appointed somewhere like Social Welfare where there might be ongoing need for staff.

Hi Folks
    Please just be aware that automatic extensions to your contract are not given 99% of the time regardless of the circumstances. This is because new rules and regulations came in last year or the year before regarding the TCO contracts. This is because there are a lot of people on the panel and the folks managing the panel want to everyone a fair shot. A lot of folks were disappointed last year because their contracts were not extended.

Just so you are aware:-
    • The standard contract is 12 weeks – this covers paternal leave and term time.
    • There are maternity cover contracts as well but again only a few and you are not guarantee them.
    • Long term sickness is another one – although I have heard a TCO lose their contact half way through when the person they were covering came back to work sooner than expected.
    • SW contracts are not normally extended unless exceptionally special circumstances.
    • Just because you had a long contract last year does not guarantee you will get the same this year. If you do, you would be fortunate!
    • Just because you had a contract last year for a particular department/section does not guarantee you will get the same department/section this year
    • And worst of all, just because you got a contract last year, doesn’t guarantee you will get one this year even if you did well in the interview.

I have been doing the TCO contracts for a number of years and each year I have been given a different posts with contracts varying in duration. All great for the general experience.

There was only one year I didn’t get a post even though I passed the interview stages and got put on a panel.

So please do not build up your hopes and expect nothing more than the standard contract.

Hope this helps!
    Dublintigger

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lauramarie13

If you worked as a TCO before, do you think that gives you a good chance of being picked again?

I got a contract for 16 weeks in 2017. 😊

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Thanks in advance.

I did it twice- first time I got winter contract for 6 months, second time 10 weeks.

If you worked as a TCO before, do you think that gives you a good chance of being picked again?

Yes but it is not guaranteed.

Results are out. For Cork at least.

Has anyone heard anything for Sligo or anywhere other than cork? I’m so nervous!

Presume you get an email to say there's a new message at Public jobs yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ScreenTest310

What numbers are people being placed at? Trying to get a general idea of how big the panel is for Cork. Sending email off to PAS but not sure if they'll tell me what I want to know...

• Advertisement

What numbers are people being placed at? Trying to get a general idea of how big the panel is for Cork. Sending email off to PAS but not sure if they'll tell me what I want to know...

My understanding it's just results out at the moment. Unless people are being called to interview?

Presume you get an email to say there's a new message at Public jobs yeah?

Nope, friend got results

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Nope friend got results

What?

My understanding it's just results out at the moment. Unless people are being called to interview?

Yep it's just the results with interviews to follow as vacancies arise - people are getting numbers based on their results those are the ones I'm referring to - trying to get an idea of how many people in total got through based on their number.

Yep it's just the results with interviews to follow as vacancies arise - people are getting numbers based on their results those are the ones I'm referring to - trying to get an idea of how many people in total got through based on their number.

I got a positive email - I'm through ☺ðŸ‘

Ah gotcha. So you get a rank now and that determines how soon you are called for interview? Do you get a different ranking after the interview? Or is it pass or fail style interview?

Sorry for all the questions..!

Ah gotcha. So you get a rank now and that determines how soon you are called for interview? Do you get a different ranking after the interview? Or is it pass or fail style interview?

Sorry for all the questions..!

Yep that’s how it goes, then in the interview you will need to score a certain amount to pass, you have to show that you are experienced in the desired competencies, and if u do you will be ranked based on your performance and get a new number.

It’s ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ali1993

did really well with my results, a lot better than I thought I would! But now I am a bit scared because it means I might be called for interview soon and I will have to make a decision(if im lucky!)

I'm currently 9 months into a permanent CO job but... I applied for this because I wanted to get a job closer to home, and also I don't really like where I am. Commute wise it's costing me a fortune and very time consuming. I'm also on a panel for the CO 2018 campaign to try get closer to home in the long run. I was thinking if i got a temporary co job to cover me until I got through on the CO 2018 campaign.

Am I mad leaving a permanent job for a temp job? It would make my life so much easier being closer to home.

Nope friend got results

Yes you do.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 wynnings

Has anyone heard anything for Sligo or anywhere other than cork? I’m so nervous!

my friends both got their results for sligo, but i still haven't heard anything personally

Advertisement