Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Benimar wrote: »
    For anyone who has upgraded AWB to a regular starter, Bednarek is a great option as a 5th defender.

AWB is a regular starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

gandalfio wrote: »

i assume he means a regular starter in your FF team.

as in AWB's price point means that many probably bench him a lot of weeks. 'Upgrading him to a regular starter' I assume means upgrading to someone whose price point dictates that he must start every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

gandalfio wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »
    i assume he means a regular starter in your FF team.

as in AWB's price point means that many probably bench him a lot of weeks. 'Upgrading him to a regular starter' I assume means upgrading to someone whose price point dictates that he must start every game.

Sorry, my post was a bit garbled. In my defence I hadn't had coffee yet!

What I meant was, many started the season with 3 regular defenders (remember RAM?) and then 2 cheap ones (AWB and Bennett for example). Because of AWBs constant returns, many are now starting him regularly.

Bednarek is a nice cheap option to have as a 5th defender as he will rarely be called upon as AWB has proved to be so reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sorry, my post was a bit garbled. In my defence I hadn't had coffee yet!

What I meant was, many started the season with 3 regular defenders (remember RAM?) and then 2 cheap ones (AWB and Bennett for example). Because of AWBs constant returns, many are now starting him regularly.

Bednarek is a nice cheap option to have as a 5th defender as he will rarely be called upon as AWB has proved to be so reliable.

I got it anyway and using AWB as a regular starter, 4.5 now so if buying him not, he's no enabler.

Only player in my team to have survived every GW so far. Will take a look at Bedranek as an enabler

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Digne is becoming a must have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

gammygils wrote: »
    Digne is becoming a must have.

Given that Everton weren't keeping many clean sheets, and for the annoyance of depending on assists, I was gonna make way for a more reliable option. But after yesterdays match, and that he is going to play further up the wing, I'll need to keep him. It makes 4 very good options in defence, with United's upcoming fixtures looking fantastic; Shaw, Robertson, Digne, Robertson. Hoping I can fit DDG into my team and drop Shaw to make room for midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Given that Everton weren't keeping many clean sheets, and for the annoyance of depending on assists, I was gonna make way for a more reliable option. But after yesterdays match, and that he is going to play further up the wing, I'll need to keep him. It makes 4 very good options in defence, with United's upcoming fixtures looking fantastic; Shaw, Robertson, Digne, Robertson. Hoping I can fit DDG into my team and drop Shaw to make room for midfield.

Do you mean Doherty as you have robertson in twice?
    I still dont trust United to keep a clean sheet.
    DDG had to make TWELVE saves in ONE HALF yday........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »

At HT yesterday, I was contemplating Shaw as a possible Alonso replacement, now there is no chance I make that move.

The amount of chances Man U gave up in that 2nd half was incredible. On another day they would have conceded 3 or 4. It definitely isn't the resolute defence of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Went with Doucoure to Nasri - had seen the West Ham game and the chances they created he was involved in almost all of them. Looked sharp for someone out for so long, also allowed me to bank 0.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

At HT yesterday, I was contemplating Shaw as a possible Alonso replacement, now there is no chance I make that move.

The amount of chances Man U gave up in that 2nd half was incredible. On another day they would have conceded 3 or 4. It definitely isn't the resolute defence of last season.

Brighton and Burnley are up there with the two worst attacks in the league though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

If kane is out, there's a real lack of quality options to replace him with. I currently have auba, kane, Rashford. I can only think of 3 viable candidates to replace kane;

Aguero
    Firmino
    Jiminez

Am I overlooking anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Free hit time for next week for me, loading up on below...

Liverpool v Palace
    United v Brighton
    Fulham v Spurs
    Huddersfield v City

Currently coming up with this...

Lloris
    TAA Alderweireld Lindlof
    Dilva Pogba Sane Mane Alli
    Firmino Rashford

One playing sub of Rondon home to Cardiff

Finding it hard to squeeze in Salah/Kane/Sterling/Aguero unless weakining overall team. Have 0.6 left over. Punt on more big guns or overall strength is the question....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Brighton and Burnley are up there with the two worst attacks in the league though

Yep, meant Doherty!

The back to back clean sheets probably did overshadow how badly United defended. They even barely hung onto a CS against Newcastle too actually! It's just as naughtb4 said, Brighton and Burnley are games they should keep clean sheets in. If I do keep DDG, it will just be for short term, then switch to 4.5m keeper for the rest of the season. But you might have talked me out of getting him at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dice75 wrote: »

Liverpool v Palace
    United v Brighton
    Fulham v Spurs
    Huddersfield v City

Lloris
    TAA Alderweireld Lindlof
    Firmino Rashford

Finding it hard to squeeze in Salah/Kane/Sterling/Aguero unless weakining overall team. Have 0.6 left over. Punt on more big guns or overall strength is the question....

Not sure about using the free hit and not having likes of Salah at least

Kane is injured and Son is away to Asia so spurs are an unknown quantity this week - I wouldn’t be touching them tbh. Why has Ali done to show any sign of scoring big?

Fulham are at home and need points wouldn’t put it past them to score so double spurs defence be risky enough

Salah over Mane all day long - just look at his last 7 game weeks.

Dilva/sane - lets see how they do tonight - even if sane does well there is always chance of being rested - if using free hit you want players who guaranteed to play.

Like the idea of firimino actually - was thinking of getting him in for Kane.

But depending on tonight’s match I think you should be looking to get some more heavy hitters into the team

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Liverpool v Palace
    United v Brighton
    Fulham v Spurs
    Huddersfield v City

Lloris
    TAA Alderweireld Lindlof
    Firmino Rashford

What's your current team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »

It's very satisfying when your defenders return non-CS points tho. This week I'd 29 points:
    Digne: CS + Assist + 3BP
    TAA: Assist
    Holebas: Assist + 2BP
    AWB: 3BP
    Bench: Doherty TBC

Last week I'd 3 points:
    Digne: 1pt
    TAA: 1pt
    Holebas: 0pt
    Doherty: 1pt
    Bench: AWB 6pt

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure about using the free hit and not having likes of Salah at least

Kane is injured and Son is away to Asia so spurs are an unknown quantity this week - I wouldn’t be touching them tbh. Why has Ali done to show any sign of scoring big?

Fulham are at home and need points wouldn’t put it past them to score so double spurs defence be risky enough

Salah over Mane all day long - just look at his last 7 game weeks.

Dilva/sane - lets see how they do tonight - even if sane does well there is always chance of being rested - if using free hit you want players who guaranteed to play.

Like the idea of firimino actually - was thinking of getting him in for Kane.

But depending on tonight’s match I think you should be looking to get some more heavy hitters into the team

Agreed, have all week to try get it right.
    What's your current team?

Fab/Foster
    Periera AWB Doherty Alonso Digne
    Dilva Anderson Ricky Hazard Fraser
    Rashford Kane Jiminez

Chelsea away to Arsenal
    Everton away to Soton
    Wolves v Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Going to keep it simple and do son to pogba. Was tempted to wildcard but that would be more out of frustration .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fab/Foster
    Periera AWB Doherty Alonso Digne
    Dilva Anderson Ricky Hazard Fraser
    Rashford Kane Jiminez

Chelsea away to Arsenal
    Everton away to Soton
    Wolves v Leicester

Looking at your team, A free hit won't really solve any issues - it's a quick one game fix, but I think having Anderson, Ricky and Fraser is a bit much and leaves you a bit light, by all means have 1 of them, maybe 2, but not 3. Dilva is not returning the points consistently to take up a city spot imo. I don't see why people have Hazard - Chelsea are not a big scoring team and so chances are you won't captain him, so is he worth the price? Kane is now injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kane out for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

FitzShane wrote: »
    Kane out for a month.

Maybe

http://twitter.com/RickSpur/status/1084946689713192961[/quote
    Definitely, ship him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Auba to Rashford, leaving me with a 7.2M in the bank.

If Kane is out I’m thinking of taking a minus 4 punt on Dells Alli (for Leicester’s Mendy).With Son and Kane out, Alli will probably end up playing further forward. Would Alli also be on pens?

If Kane is out for a month,

Looking at Kane & Eriksen out for Sterling & Firmino (for a -4)

Madness or easy decision?

Will leave 1.6 ITB too

thunderdog wrote: »
    Auba to Rashford, leaving me with a 7.2M in the bank.

If Kane is out I’m thinking of taking a minus 4 punt on Dells Alli (for Leicester’s Mendy).With Son and Kane out, Alli will probably end up playing further forward. Would Alli also be on pens?

It’s a punt but a punt you could do without tbh. I’m looking to jump Spurs ship

Could you get Sane, Sterling, Pogba, Salah if you don’t already have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Already have those 4. Front 8 is

Salah Sterling Pogba Sane Mendy
    Arnie Rashford Wilson

Having a stronger option for Mendy would help if one (or both) of Arnie and Wilson don’t feature

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did a bit of a hasty -12 but I like my team better now:

Guaita, Valery, Ricky and Hazard out
    Alisson, Digne, Jota and Alli in

Alisson
    TAA Digne Doherty
    Jota Salah Sterling Pogba Alli
    Aguero Rashford
    (Speroni, AWB, Bednarek, Quaner)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

manual_man wrote: »
    Did a bit of a hasty -12 but I like my team better now:

Guaita, Valery, Ricky and Hazard out
    Alisson, Digne, Jota and Alli in

Alisson
    TAA Digne Doherty
    Jota Salah Sterling Pogba Alli
    Aguero Rashford
    (Speroni, AWB, Bednarek, Quaner)
    Will Jota outscore Ricky by four points over the coming weeks? Will Alli outscore Hazard as well? I'd be surprised. I know they are frustrating players to own right now but you'd want to be confident of the replacement racking up points if taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

This is understandable with Kane out and Son gone. But look at their fixtures. Eriksen/Alli could bring big returns in the next few weeks as the onus to get goals will fall on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

delete

Advertisement