Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New I3 pricing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,737 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

dashoonage wrote: »
    http://www.discoverbmw.ie/191/bmwoffers/bmw-i3/

Was expecting it to be less than that. its not clear if that includes grants?
    Considering they give finance quotes after, I'd assume it includes grants.

Also an unrealistic monthly, as it's based on essentially not driving the car at all. "Max contract km: 46,250kms,"
    I'd have that done in less than a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Mad prices for a nice car.
    Who is their market with these prices ?

€7,500 deposit... get another small amount and you can have a Rex off UK and saving the €16k final payment.
    Just lost my toughts in that maths... looks like a PCP lease/hiring rather than a loan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It’s pretty confusing, the OTR doesn’t include the grants.
    Don’t know why they decided to present it like that, they have the details in brochure link.
    So it’s 36.5K after VRT and grant and you could take off BMWs deposit contribution of 1.5K to make it 35K on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dloob wrote: »
    It’s pretty confusing, the OTR doesn’t include the grants.
    Don’t know why they decided to present it like that, they have the details in brochure link.
    So it’s 36.5K after VRT and grant and you could take off BMWs deposit contribution of 1.5K to make it 35K on the road.

Now thats what i was thinking! i had heard 35k somewhere and got a shock when i saw the above

I'm hoping the new one being 35k will drive down the price of a REX here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭spakman

Not to mention it's pig ugly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Wouldn't hold my breath about prices dropping dashoonage.
    Been watching i3 prices in Ireland and the main BMW dealers have them marked way up on the UK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Ryath

Would BMW dealer's be firm on the €35k rrp. I'd assume there be some margin to get a bit of a discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

spakman wrote:
    Not to mention it's pig ugly!

Totally agree. It's a horrible looking car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

chewed wrote: »
    Totally agree. It's a horrible looking car

But it does turn your head around, isn't !? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Is that a misprint on the finance? Amount financed is 29,145. Should it not be 39,144?

Some money though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Lantus wrote: »
    Is that a misprint on the finance? Amount financed is 29,145. Should it not be 39,144?

Some money though.

€16,000 balloon payment at the end to bring it to €46,000

It's one EV I would not buy new

Depreciation is savage

Will lose €15,000 in 1 year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You are financing the balloon from day one so amount financed should include balloon figure.

mickdw wrote: »
    You are financing the balloon from day one so amount financed should include balloon figure.

Balloon is optional

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Balloon is optional

It is not optional, you pay it by either returning a car or giving them money.

September1 wrote: »
    It is not optional, you pay it by either returning a car or giving them money.
    Slightly incorrect.

It is optional.
    But keeping the car is predicated on you paying the balloon.
    You do not pay the balloon by returning the car (eg if car is worth less than balloon payment it doesnt matter)

Lantus wrote: »

Some money though.

They are not showing the grant and vrt rebate
    OTR €46,635
    Grant VRT Rebate -€10,000
    Deposit Contribution -€1,500
    Cost of Car €35135
    Customer Deposit -€5,991
    Amount Financed €29,145
    Term 37
    Total Cost of Credit €2,676
    APR 3.90%
    1st Payment of €512
    36 Monthly Payments of €437
    Optional Final Payment of €16,031
    Excess Mileage cent per KM 7.1

There's a euro gone astray there somewhere just rounding I'd say!

e-Golf is very similar money but VW are offering 1.9% so that would be a bit more than €1000 less on cost of credit. VW finance calculator is down so can't get exact figures.
    €16,000 balloon payment at the end to bring it to €46,000

It's one EV I would not buy new

Depreciation is savage

Will lose €15,000 in 1 year
    GMV/Balloon is included in amount financed it's not added on afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

ELM327 wrote: »
    Slightly incorrect.

It is optional.
    But keeping the car is predicated on you paying the balloon.
    You do not pay the balloon by returning the car (eg if car is worth less than balloon payment it doesnt matter)

Actually you do, PCP contract stipulates final value of car if returned and this amount will be offset you baloon payment. If this final value (as agreed in contract) is lower than baloon payment you must cover shortfall, typically this happens when you go with above agreed mileage.

I think you are confusing market value with contractual agreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Ryath wrote: »
    Would BMW dealer's be firm on the €35k rrp. I'd assume there be some margin to get a bit of a discount?

There's no dealer margin on the i3. Technically, you are buying it direct from BMW Ireland, and the dealer is just facilitating the sale, so there's only the €1,500 BMW contribution as discount.

The reason it's not advertised with the Grants off, is because there's different amounts on the SEAI grant, depending if it's a private individual or a company.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Actually you do, PCP contract stipulates final value of car if returned and this amount will be offset you baloon payment. If this final value (as agreed in contract) is lower than baloon payment you must cover shortfall, typically this happens when you go with above agreed mileage.

That's not how PCP works.
    You will pay a penalty for over-mileage, BMW charge 7.1c/km.

If the vehicle is worth less than the GMFV at the end, then you only pay the over mileage fee, and you walk away.
    The balloon payment only applies when you are purchasing the car instead of handing it back.

For instance we bought an Ioniq in 2017. In 2020 we will either need to pay €8,000 or return the car. If the car has a market value of €4,000 we will return ours and buy one second hand. If the car has a market value of €12,000 then we still pay €8,000.

I think you are confusing PCP with something that is not PCP.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    That's not how PCP works.
    You will pay a penalty for over-mileage, BMW charge 7.1c/km.

If the vehicle is worth less than the GMFV at the end, then you only pay the over mileage fee, and you walk away.
    The balloon payment only applies when you are purchasing the car instead of handing it back.

For instance we bought an Ioniq in 2017. In 2020 we will either need to pay €8,000 or return the car. If the car has a market value of €4,000 we will return ours and buy one second hand. If the car has a market value of €12,000 then we still pay €8,000.

This is the correct version of what was wrong with the post above I highlighted as "incorrect". It fails to capture the most important part of PCP.

All confused 😕

So is a brand new 42kWh i3 now 36k?

All confused ��

So is a brand new 42kWh i3 now 36k?

No it's €35135! ��
    If you go PCP with cost of credit and if you pay Gmv at end total cost would be €37,811

Pretty good value to be honest.
    In the "semi premium EV" (ie more expensive than the econoboxes, but not Audi/Tesla) segment it's now clearly the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,150 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Only a few grand more than a Leaf. And it has a much bigger range and charges much faster. Makes it pretty good value in my book too. On paper it costs less than an eGolf. I take it active cruise and lane keep assist (autonomous driving level 2) are expensive optional extras?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

rolion wrote: »
    But it does turn your head around, isn't !? :)

Yeah....in the opposite direction! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

What's the realistic range on the I3 at motorway speeds?

WLPT range is 285km and the i3 is the second most efficient EV (after Ioniq). I'd say you should get 200km at 120km/h, probably a bit more in summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

unkel wrote: »
    WLPT range is 285km and the i3 is the second most efficient EV (after Ioniq). I'd say you should get 200km at 120km/h, probably a bit more in summer

My commute is a 200km round trip, not sure I could rely on should.

• Advertisement

Book the car for a 24 hour test drive and do your commute. I'd say you will be fine but on a really bad day you might take it handy. Alternatively, get a Hyundai Kona or Kia eNiro. Both will do the round trip at speeds way over the speed limit in the worst possible weather with plenty left in the tank :D

Advertisement