Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is now only 82% Native Irish.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Great. Mix it up and make the gene pool stronger and more diverse. With globalisation this is happening in most Western countries. Then you have the past defining many countries already such as migrants, colonialism etc.

All that matters is that people who are in Ireland feel Irish not someone who's a 3rd generation whatever feeling they can't relate to the country they're born in. All that's ever mattered.

Say what. Post makes no sense. Again Ireland was colonized and we're still paying the price so fook that.btw there must be a lot of nocturnal people on boards judging post times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Sure even Saint Patrick was an immigrant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Take a pinch of white man
    Wrap it up in black skin
    Add a touch of blue blood
    And a little bitty bit of Red Indian boy

Curly Latin kinkies
    Mixed with yellow Chinkees
    If you lump it all together
    Well, you got a recipe for a get along scene
    Oh, what a beautiful dream
    If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
    Big enough to take the world and all it's got
    And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more
    And turn out coffee colored people by the score

Rabbis and the Friars
    Vishnus and the Gurus
    You got the Beatles or the Sun God, it's true
    Well, it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
    No, no no

Making Lady Favor
    Mrs. Graceful
    You know that livin' could be tasteful
    We should all get together in a lovin' machine
    I better call up the Queen
    It's only fair that she knows, you know, you know

Take a pinch of white man
    Wrap it up in black skin
    Add a touch of blue blood
    And a little bitty bit of Red Indian boy

Curly Latin kinkies
    Mixed with yellow Chinkees
    If you lump it all together
    Well, you got a recipe for a get along scene
    Oh, what a beautiful dream
    If it could only come true, you know, you know

Rabbis and the Friars
    Vishnus and the Gurus
    You got the Beatles or the Sun God, it's true
    Well, it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
    No, no no

Making Lady Favor
    Mrs. Graceful
    You know that livin' could be tasteful
    We should all get together in a lovin' machine
    I better call up the Queen
    It's only fair that she knows, you know, you know

Very diverse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

chrissb8 wrote: »
    Great. Mix it up and make the gene pool stronger and more diverse.

Rubbish, that's not how it works at all.

The slowly increasing homogenization of the world is what is incredibly unhealthy from a genetics perspective. Variety is healthy and important.

Also genes are what you are. If you care about family you should care about your genes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

The slowly increasing homogenization of the world is what is incredibly unhealthy from a genetics perspective. Variety is healthy and important.

Also genes are what you are. If you care about family you should care about your genes

The slowly increasing homogen...? Are you suggesting the native genes of all the countries across the world are disappearing due to cross breeding? All the pure bred ponies are getting diluted? Unhealthy how? Some strain of disease going to wipe us all out, which wouldn't happen if the foreigners went back home and took their genetics with them.

Genes maybe who we are, but if our children or grandchildren have mixed genes due to us eloping with the interlopers...is this somehow a negative outcome for our family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Take a pinch of white man.......

Also genes are what you are. If you care about family you should care about your genes.

Yep let's all breed to the point of non Diversity. Yep and when does inbreeding stop. When we are all brown or some such colour. Oh wait it won't. We are still inbreeding. Oh alien race are you out there. We are inbreed hicks

darlett wrote: »
    The slowly increasing homogen...? Are you suggesting the native genes of all the countries across the world are disappearing due to cross breeding? All the pure bred ponies are getting diluted? Unhealthy how? Some strain of disease going to wipe us all out, which wouldn't happen if the foreigners went back home and took their genetics with them.

A certain level of cross breeding is a good idea. A certain level of keeping different populations is also a good idea. Contrary to the mythology going around that inbreeding is the only bad thing that can happen, monoculture like in crops is also bad.
    darlett wrote: »
    Genes maybe who we are, but if our children or grandchildren have mixed genes due to us eloping with the interlopers...is this somehow a negative outcome for our family?

It's a bad idea if your genes are greatly diminished by other genes and that is what's happening.

A certain level of cross breeding is a good idea. A certain level of keeping different populations is also a good idea. Contrary to the mythology going around that inbreeding is the only bad thing that can happen, monoculture like in crops is also bad.

It's a bad idea if your genes are greatly diminished by other genes and that is what's happening.

Monculture is bad. Wtf. The eu is trying to harmonise everything yet we are told multiculturaism is good. Plz piss off.

• Advertisement

For most of human history there have only been a very small number in the world, compared to now. In modern times the big increases have been in Asia and Africa, with little racial diversity happening. Would your gene theory be able to cope with the world population going from one billion to seven billion over the last 200 years?

The opposite happened in the Americas, where it was the influx of Eurpeans which led to the population explosion. But the existing populations were probably just too few in number to compete. How does your science work for modern day North America, with the European group and the African Americans now being joined by Asians. Is there evidence already to support your theory?

In Europe the population has remained fairly stable, probably will decline in future. But it is many multiples of what it was pre Industrial Revolution. Is there evidence in Europe of some gene malfunctions happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I'll lay my cards upon the table, my wife is of Chinese descent. I am Irish with some Scotch thrown in. If we have children they will have mixed genes, but I fail to see any damage done to my genes. Leaving emotions firmly at the door, and not making it personal etc, I fail to see any real issue, apart from the potential of course for racism or bullying as a result of how they look. If they should be more prone to sicknesses etc, that's a negative thing, but it is not a side effect I'm aware of. If on my deathbed I'm concerned that my future generations will be too genetically diverse to my own then I'll be surprised. The world, and more specifically Ireland, does not need another copy of me, for me to rest at ease.

...like maybe if I was red haired, but I ain't even got that to take good care of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Monculture is bad. Wtf. The eu is trying to harmonise everything yet we are told multiculturaism is good. Plz piss off.

:D:D:D

Actually, even the merits of multiculturalism are openly questioned by it's erstwhile cheerleaders...
    Attempts to build a multicultural society in Germany have "utterly failed", Chancellor Angela Merkel says.

She said the so-called "multikulti" concept - where people would "live side-by-side" happily - did not work, and immigrants needed to do more to integrate - including learning German.

- Angela Merkel, 2010

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451
    "Multiculturalism leads to parallel societies and therefore remains a ‘life lie,’ ”

- Angela Merkel, 2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/14/angela-merkel-multiculturalism-is-a-sham/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.106baba217af

David Cameron has criticised "state multiculturalism" in his first speech as prime minister on radicalisation and the causes of terrorism.... Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism," the prime minister said.

- David Cameron, 2011

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-12371994

Imagine how much sooner those two muppets would have come to their senses if they were actually living in 'culturally enriched' neighbourhoods, without having been asked ?

It will take time, but future generations descended from recent immigrants will be assimilated into Germany and other countries. That part of Europe has a long history of territories changing hands politically, and multicultural diversity to match.

America is an example of waves of immigrants moving up the social scale in successive generations. But sometimes it does have long term negative consequences, like the Scots immigration into the North East of Ireland. They were able to make a better go of things when some of them went to America.

It will take time, but future generations descended from recent immigrants will be assimilated into Germany and other countries. That part of Europe has a long history of territories changing hands politically, and multicultural diversity to match.

America is an example of waves of immigrants moving up the social scale in successive generations. But sometimes it does have long term negative consequences, like the Scots immigration into the North East of Ireland. They were able to make a better go of things when some of them went to America.

The troubles in the north trivialised. Yep now I've seen it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In which case Ireland having an homogenous gene pool is incredibly unhealthy for us, no?
    My girlfriend is Canadian, with primarily eastern European and native American roots. If we start a family together it doesn't change the above at all compared to if she were white and 'traditional' Irish genetically, or Nigerian, Polish, Japanese etc.

Billy86 wrote: »
    In which case Ireland having an homogenous gene pool is incredibly unhealthy for us, no?

No.

The whole point is that each race would be equally vulnerable to any disease rather than a single race that is vulnerable. The point is that if a disease hits one of them you have others.

Having members of the same race mate with each other should not be confused with a genetic bottleneck. A genetic bottleneck such as what has occurred in cheetahs only occurs when there are only a few dozen to few hundred individuals. When it's larger than that no genetic bottleneck doesn't occur.

The misconception here seems to be the idea that outcrossing will always improve health, which is 100% false. We are all familiar with the dangers of inbreeding. However it's mistaken to think that mating with other races is somehow the inverse of that in any meaningful way. In ecology, having multiple different subspecies is much better than having all of the species the exact same.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    My girlfriend is Canadian, with primarily eastern European and native American roots. If we start a family together it doesn't change the above at all compared to if she were white and 'traditional' Irish genetically, or Nigerian, Polish, Japanese etc.

I don't know what the f- you are trying to say here but as it's arguing against me I'll save you giving a clarification for it and just give my response as: you're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

You're a member of all them sites arent you?

You should get a life.

Coming from you, the irony is very strong.

One can only imagine how many times you've been banned here and come back under a re-reg - but the answer could certainly be classified as "a lot".

To be entirely honest, you seem like the sort of chap that would actually register several user names and talk to yourself.

Maybe that's why all the far right posters come across the same way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

No.

The whole point is that each race would be equally vulnerable to any disease rather than a single race that is vulnerable. The point is that if a disease hits one of them you have others.

Having members of the same race mate with each other should not be confused with a genetic bottleneck. A genetic bottleneck such as what has occurred in cheetahs only occurs when there are only a few dozen to few hundred individuals. When it's larger than that no genetic bottleneck doesn't occur.

The misconception here seems to be the idea that outcrossing will always improve health, which is 100% false. We are all familiar with the dangers of inbreeding. However it's mistaken to think that mating with other races is somehow the inverse of that in any meaningful way. In ecology, having multiple different subspecies is much better than having all of the species the exact same.
    So you're saying we should put the better good of the world and humanity as a whole over the better good of Ireland and Irish people?
    I don't know what the f- you are trying to say here but as it's arguing against me I'll save you giving a clarification for it and just give my response as: you're wrong.
    You're saying if people care about their families they should care about their genes. I'm saying people with families of mixed race should care about all of their genes in that case. So you have just called your own point 'wrong'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Coming from you, the irony is very strong.

One can only imagine how many times you've been banned here and come back under a re-reg - but the answer could certainly be classified as "a lot".

To be entirely honest, you seem like the sort of chap that would actually register several user names and talk to yourself.

Maybe that's why all the far right posters come across the same way?

Talk to myself? Like what you do on your twitter page?

Your a 39 year old man, supposedly, and your trawling through every message board in the country spouting your nonsense. You should get out more, make a few friends for yourself.

You're a danger. Id say your hardrive defo needs looking at.

You have a problem with me, pm me.

Talk to myself? Like what you do on your twitter page?

Your a 39 year old man, supposedly, and your trawling through every message board in the country spouting your nonsense. You should get out more, make a few friends for yourself.

You're a danger. Id say your hardrive defo needs looking at.

You have a problem with me, pm me.

It's "you're", mate.

What age are you?

Please refer to your actual age, rather than your reading age of 7.

I'm just back from a very pleasant session in the pubs of Galway, and I'm posting via a laptop with an SSD, not a hard drive.

It is nice to get out, alright.

Pity for you that you don't know the feeling, given you're on here 24 hours a day, seemingly like all the other far right "accounts" on here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

It's "you're", mate.

What age are you?

Please refer to your actual age, rather than your reading age of 7.

I'm just back from a very pleasant session in the pubs of Galway, and I'm posting via a laptop with an SSD, not a hard drive.

It is nice to get out, alright.

Pity for you that you don't know the feeling, given you're on here 24 hours a day, seemingly like all the other far right "accounts" on here. :D

I use this site when im at work which is where i am now..

You were given the chance to back your words up, you declined that tells me all i need to know about you. Just another coward. As i said if youve anything more to say pm me and stop clogging up the thread with your bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

The far right use the internet as the major battleground to spread their vile ideas.

Ireland is no different in that regard from anywhere else.

I have no doubt that there are people on here whose full time job is as professional far right trolls, agitators, and shlt stirrers - and to call what they stir "shlt" is to be very charitable.

That's obviously supplemented by the usual misfits and malcontents who lead deeply unhappy lives and desperately want to blame somebody else for their own failures, some of whom are involved in these far right groups, others who likely aren't. People like yer man Stephen French who made unspeakably vile death threats against Lorraine Higgins of Labour.

But I can say this for sure - pretty much every single person involved in the far right in Ireland is all over this or other similar forums spreading their racist hate speech.

Politics.ie, People's Republic of Cork, thefreekick etc., are all infested with these types.

Then there's a forum called Political Irish, which is the house forum for far right nutcases. It's a total lunatic asylum where anything slightly to the left of advocating for another Holocaust is classed as "far left".

And obviously Twitter, with its endless army of anonymous professional far right troll and hate speech accounts.

hill16bhoy, Professor of Sociology and Political Science at the University of Nowhere.

I use this site when im at work which is where i am now..

You were given the chance to back your words up, you declined that tells me all i need to know about you. Just another coward. As i said if youve anything more to say pm me and stop clogging up the thread with your bs.
    24 hour professional far right troll agitator?

Figures. :D

DS86DS wrote: »
    hill16bhoy, Professor of Sociology and Political Science at the University of Nowhere.
    It's always nice when somebody who's trying to have a go at you unintentionally throws in such a backhanded compliment. :D

It's always nice when somebody who's trying to have a go at you unintentionally throws in such a backhanded compliment. :D

Go to bed, you're drunk.

DS86DS wrote: »
    Go to bed, you're drunk.
    Yet even when I'm drunk, I still manage to make to bait you into making an utter fool of yourself.

How does that feel, Nazi boy? :D

Yet even when I'm drunk, I still manage to make to bait you into making an utter fool of yourself.

How does that feel, Nazi boy? :D

Too drunk and stupid to make a decent argument without reverting to Godwin's Law then?

• Advertisement

Far right scum now sending me abusive PMs :D

Trolling the far right trolls is great craic altogether. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement