Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What a gob****e

Maneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seve OB wrote: »
    What a gob****e

That's it. He has to go. New keeper this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unbelievable from bale

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Unbelievable from bale

In fairness..... Has to be up there as goal of the season, it was a better.

Himself and Karius were on fire in front of goal. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

This forum lately reminds of a time I was arguing with a friend while drunk and told him "you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion is wrong"
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know Castletroy Golf Club well?

Is there a way to play 9 or 12 (or something along those lines) without having to walk a mile to finish off - preferably finishing on the 18th.

The closest I can think is 1 to 6, 16, 17, 18.. I think that’s possible anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone know Castletroy Golf Club well?

Is there a way to play 9 or 12 (or something along those lines) without having to walk a mile to finish off - preferably finishing on the 18th.

The closest I can think is 1 to 6, 16, 17, 18.. I think that’s possible anyway
    Wrong thread mate :D

ssbob wrote: »
    Wrong thread mate :D

I know haha but I didn’t want to create a new thread and couldn’t find a suitable one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I know haha but I didn’t want to create a new thread and couldn’t find a suitable one!!

New threads are free!

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time the Pro-Shop opens in Castletroy on Mondays?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Anyone see the Apres match golf on Sky sports parody? Thought it was fairly well done, their monty impression was gas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Guys, semi golf related.

What would you do if you found a piece of equipment or a club on the course say north of €250, not part of a set and you had no idea who could have owned it? Wasn't from any groups ahead of you, found in a practice area.

If you handed it into club/pro, and the rightful owner didn't look about it after say 4/5 weeks. Maybe they haven't fully traced their steps to see where/when they could have lost it, what do you feel the club/pro should do?

Guys, semi golf related.

What would you do if you found a piece of equipment or a club on the course say north of €250, not part of a set and you had no idea who could have owned it? Wasn't from any groups ahead of you, found in a practice area.

If you handed it into club/pro, and the rightful owner didn't look about it after say 4/5 weeks. Maybe they haven't fully traced their steps to see where/when they could have lost it, what do you feel the club/pro should do?

create a thread in the golf forum? :D

Guys, semi golf related.

They should be giving you the club after that long... Pretty scummy if they end up selling it for themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Item is now in my bag, if owner shows up it will be handed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

hey lads.....

guess what?

it's coming home.

to Paris

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

hey lads.....

guess what?

it's coming home.

to Paris
    Yes, It's coming, homme. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Are you not entertained?

gladiator-russell-crowe-maximus-are-you-not-entertained-gif-3477451

Hi folks - can anyone link me to online booking for the Scratch Cups in Castlemartyr the August Bank Hol weekend?

Thanks v much

• Advertisement

About 6 weeks ago we lost my sister in law to the dreaded cancer. It was rotten. It still is and I'm sure it will be for a long time to come.

At the beginning of the month I dusted off my runners and my 8 year old daughter and myself committed to running the Marathon in a Month in aid of the Irish Cancer Society. It was very timely way for us to honour our beloved.

Now some of you here will know I've tried getting myself fit from time to time, but it never lasts. :rolleyes: My daughter has never run anywhere in her life. I really wasn't sure how it was going to fair out, but we set our sights low and hoped we might be able to raise a few quid. Well we have been blown away from the support we have received and have had to up our goal more than once! Every day my daughter wants to know if there have been any more donations and are we top fundraisers again. Currently we are second. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that Cancer is a Kunt and hopefully the very very small thing we are doing will do something for someone who is suffering from this bastard of a disease. I've never really done anything like this and I'm not sure how much of a difference it will actually make, but as we always here in things like this, every little helps. I've gotten to know a lot of you guys here over the years through the society and other random games of golf and I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you for the condolences you have given us and the kind and generous donations you have made to our little fundraiser. Thanks a lot guys.

Despite me not wanting to go out in the second week, my kid was a great motivator. It was her 9th birthday last week and we celebrated it by knocking off another mile around the local park. I've pushed her and she has driven me. Tonight we passed the 37km mark and so far it has taken us 4:39 to get that far. Not bad for an unfit aul lad who would much rather be chasing a little white ball and a young girl who has never even so much as run for a bus!

Saturday we are challenging ourselves to running the local Parkrun 5km which will put us over the lie and finish our Marathon. What is very special about this is that we will have a couple of fellow runners joining us. My wife & niece will join us which really made our day when they asked because we started this to honour and remember their sister and mom and it will be so nice to finish it with 2 of the closest people to the lady we dearly love and sadly miss.

Rant over, thanks for listening :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Fair play guys, huge pat on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played Portumna today. Course in beautiful condition. Greens were top class.

Looking to get my Dad a present of an Electric Cart as his is bolloxed.

Are they all really as dead as what I’m seeing online? €500 minimum most places I’m looking!

I thought they’d be like €300 or so!!

Quality doesn’t really matter as long as it’ll 100% get 18 holes in without a struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Looking to get my Dad a present of an Electric Cart as his is bolloxed.

Are they all really as dead as what I’m seeing online? €500 minimum most places I’m looking!

I thought they’d be like €300 or so!!

Quality doesn’t really matter as long as it’ll 100% get 18 holes in without a struggle.

do you have an American golf near by? the 25% off is great, I got a store demo model Powakaddy a year or so ago for 360.

A place in Cork has a new Mottocaddy S1 for 299, I've not bought from them but heard good things: https://www.golfconcepts.ie/product-category/electric-golf-trolleys/?orderby=price

also does reconditioned ones but I've no idea re price of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Not quite off topic, but an FYI to all...

Tin Cup is on RTE One at 23:55 tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hi all,

Dad was looking for a 5 wood to add to his bag but couldn't find one locally. (it's a LH club)

Thinking of buying him the Taylormade M4 off McGuirks as he has Taylormade clubs already.

I have options though in the flex and I wouldn't be sure what to pick. It's giving me Senior or Extra Stiff Flex options.

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/taylormade-m4-fairway-wood-gents-left-hand/p-ta8c0702gentslh2018a

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Depending on your dad's age and suppleness there would be a huge difference between those 2 flex options,As a general rule extra stiff would be for the younger whippersnappers with fast swings and senior flex would be at opposite end of the scale retired take it easy swings. Surely there is a regular option where you can't go far wrong..hope this helps

Hardly off topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody use these before

https://www.mygolfdeals.ie/

Advertisement