Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Santa bringing

Options
  • 29-11-2018 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Just curious to know what cycling goodies you would like to see in your Christmas stocking ? OK, I'm really just looking for ideas for the cyclists in my life ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

So far Santa has brought a new Garmin, new Oakley's, new Hanna, new bib tights and full set of new kit in the past month. He'll do well to be able to afford anything new forward a short while.

Have changed clubs so will have to be purchasing new club kit in the not so distant future anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Have changed clubs so will have to be purchasing new club kit in the not so distant future anyway.

WHAT ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Three pairs of bib tights, from sean kelly site

https://www.seankellycycling.com/store/p22/Bib_Leggings_Pro_Minho.html

Arrived today, seem good quality, there is a half price deal on, use the code 201850 for half price on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭seaviewphotos

What's the size like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Fizic R5 artic winter shoes!

• Advertisement

What's the size like?

Im a large, but the medium is nice and snug fitting, just as i hoped (and they do say so on their site.).
    Also, they are not plain black, there is three fluorescent yellow panels

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

sullzz wrote:
    WHAT ??????

Well in the process of....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Orange Segment Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Well in the process of....

Makes sense i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Perfetto long sleeve convertible jacket on the way from Santa (seeing as my missus asked me what I wanted for xmas)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

New decals for the steel Colnago and Flandria projects.

And beer.

Possibly Wiggo's ICONS book as well; dropping plenty hints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Got a 820 in the Amazon lightning deal, but might need a new knee to be able to use it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Stages g3 power meter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million, some great ideas there. I've got some shopping to do !
    Hope Santa brings you everything on your lists.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Tifosi CK3 as my n+1

Cycling tour of Madrid in March with the better half (OK, very little cycling, but will hire a bike for at least one day to do het tapas tour)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 23,309 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ordered a new Cube SL attain disc today. Unfortunately it won’t be here for Christmas but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

ted1 wrote: »
    Ordered a new Cube SL attain disc today. Unfortunately it won’t be here for Christmas but looking forward to it.

Just picked mine up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

My Wife asked me if I wanted a keter storage box for Christmas so I could get my bikes out of the house during the day 😀.

Anyone know if these can fit two bikes.
    While I won’t be taking her up on her offer I might buy one myself.
    It would be the one that you usually see people putting two wheelie inside.

Whyner wrote: »
    Lucky you. I’d bring meaning to order it earlier but was away for work and didn’t get a chance.

Have you ridden it yet ?

Lucky you. I’d bring meaning to order it earlier but was away for work and didn’t get a chance.

Have you ridden it yet ?

https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain/cube-attain-gtc-sl-disc-carbonngrey-2019/

Is it this one you have all ordered/received?
    I collected mine two weeks ago, the weather has been awful since, but i have gotten out on it twice - one 45k and one 25k, i really love it, its my first time with disc brakes and they are excellent.
    The gearing on it is excellent too, easier climbing, and quicker on the flat. The weight is lovely, and when you do get out of the saddle to sprint/climb it is very responsive.
    Oh, and the saddle is very comfortable too.

wheelo01 wrote: »
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain/cube-attain-gtc-sl-disc-carbonngrey-2019/

Is it this one you have all ordered/received?
    I collected mine two weeks ago, the weather has been awful since, but i have gotten out on it twice - one 45k and one 25k, i really love it, its my first time with disc brakes and they are excellent.
    The gearing on it is excellent too, easier climbing, and quicker on the flat. The weight is lovely, and when you do get out of the saddle to sprint/climb it is very responsive.
    Oh, and the saddle is very comfortable too.

Went with this one

https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/attain/cube-attain-sl-disc-greynorange-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

He came early. Dolan DR1 in Yellow/Black, Carbon, Ultegra Di2, Disc brakes and tubeless wheel set and tyres. Did 70k on it so far. Super bike.

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/road/road-bikes/road-bike-carbon/dolandr1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

A new BMX

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

T8000 dual sided SPD pedals to replace my A530 ones. Had a few slips using the flat side in wet weather doing adventure races last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Cancelled TV subscription and got a gym membership. I guess its more (X-1) + (X+1) = Xmas

It'll be spin classes and wattbike sessions on those beast from the east/ recovery days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Santa picked up a nice pair of Giro Savix shoes for me in Harrys before they closed. Unfortunately she doesn't want me to use them till after Christmas☹️

• Advertisement

Santa picked up a nice pair of Giro Savix shoes for me in Harrys before they closed. Unfortunately she doesn't want me to use them till after Christmas☹️

Considering you mention she its not Santa, must be Mary Christmas, no??

Advertisement