Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas FM to pull 'Baby it's Cold Outside'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Fairytale of New York is a classic, no way should it be changed just to suit the leftie PC losers.

The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl did a version of it for the BBC in the early '90s, where "cheap lousy faggot" was replaced with "you're cheap and you're haggard" (same as the iconic Ronan Keating version). I'm sure nobody would have an issue with that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl did a version of it for the BBC in the early '90s, where "cheap lousy faggot" was replaced with "you're cheap and you're haggard" (same as the iconic Ronan Keating version). I'm sure nobody would have an issue with that...

I do, **** your censorship

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Is it because at the end of the song the woman pressurises the man to fûck her right in the pussy?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Why was it pulled?
    'Baby it's Cold Outside' is the latest victim of the crazy age we live in, having been pulled by Christmas FM.

What next?

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I do, **** your censorship

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

And you said ICONIC Ronan Keating version.

hahahahahahahaha ask me hole.

Please jebus I hope your joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

I presume they’ll be axing the film “Elf” because buddy sings it in the ladies bathroom along with Jovie, when she is showering and unaware he’s there. How is there no outcry about that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

the iconic Ronan Keating version...

Get out.

Get out and do not come back.

I never joke about anything. The Ronan Keating/Moya Brennan version of Fairytale of New York is, along with Madonna's classic rendition of American Pie, one of the few cover versions that happens to be a million times better than the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

" (same as the iconic Ronan Keating version).

You've just lost the argument!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I never joke about anything. The Ronan Keating/Moya Brennan version of Fairytale of New York is, along with Madonna's classic rendition of American Pie, one of the few cover versions that happens to be a million times better than the original.

Mods, lifetime ban please :P

First quote on YouTube for this song

"This is the worst thing that ever happened"

Your talking arse.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Mods, lifetime ban please :P

Banned for having superior taste. I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm done arguing with philistines.

I haven't the Ronan Keating version for a few years now and listened to it agon now. There's a reason it's not played o the radio.
    It belongs on The X-Factor it's so awful.

There already trying to do it.
    47378521_2245662515465988_8147583476254638080_n.png.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=43cee374f455be7e059cd4bdbf93c4df&oe=5CA55D40

if Dudley feels this miserable i will happily march him off a cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fairy tale of New York should be axed too. How dare Shane McGowan shout Kirsty McCall down in that duet!

To be fair, it uses the word ******, which is heavily frowned upon in recent years.

Poor Dudley, won't someone think about poor Dudley. Someone should tell him that its not actually about him, he shouldn't be so offended.

if Dudley feels this miserable i will happily march him off a cliff

How do you know Dudley is a him?

How do you know Dudley is a him?

Thats true. My bad......Boy oh boy im such a bigot. He could be just as easily a gender fluid, non binary, non cis, womxn who identifies as a porcupine every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And you said ICONIC Ronan Keating version.

hahahahahahahaha ask me hole.

I don't know how yis fall for him every time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Bloody hell. Winter has indeed come. Snowflakes everywhere. The were an entertaining curio, for a while. Harmless, and it seemed just a passing fad of highly sensitive ninnies who just needed to grow up. Nay, man up.
    But their influence is getting out of control. Something must be done.
    I call on the governments of the world to collectively sort out the problem.
    Was it on the agenda for the G20 this weekend? Well it shudda been.

Bloody hell. Winter has indeed come. Snowflakes everywhere. The were an entertaining curio, for a while. Harmless, and it seemed just a passing fad of highly sensitive ninnies who just needed to grow up. Nay, man up.
    But their influence is getting out of control. Something must be done.
    I call on the governments of the world to collectively sort out the problem.
    Was it on the agenda for the G20 this weekend? Well it shudda been.

They are a major part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SingleMalt

This is a song that should be embraced by feminists as it is not about a woman being 'manipulated' by a man but rather it is about a woman trying to break free of social convention. She wants to stay & have some fun but is afraid of being judged by family & society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

They are a major part of the problem.

Yes, they keep ducking tackling the issue, backing of the pansey generation who throw a strop and are 'offended' anytime it is suggested they need to grow up. Govts need to face up to them, or they will take over the planet, and there wont be any real adults left.

Yes, they keep ducking tackling the issue, backing of the pansey generation who throw a strop and are 'offended' anytime it is suggested they need to grow up. Govts need to face up to them, or they will take over the planet, and there wont be any real adults left.

Some of the leaders are those type of people. That idiot in Canada, Leo, The Eurocrats (some of whom were communist youths), Corbyn, Macron...etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Xmas Fm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

It's Christmas FM in Ohio that have pulled the song, not the Irish station.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    It's Christmas FM in Ohio that have pulled the song, not the Irish station.

The Irish station also have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Baby it's cold outside perhaps now a good outside bet for Christmas number one?

Advertisement