Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Honda Civic hatchback keeps fogging up

Options
  • 14-11-2018 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi the inside of my car windows fog up so bad the inside of the windows are dripping with water and it happens to all the windows. What could be done to stop this. Is a door seal gone?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Any obvious leaks or wet carpet inside? You should run the AC to clear the windows quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gtapo

Any obvious leaks or wet carpet inside? You should run the AC to clear the windows quickest.

Can't see any obvious leaks and even with ac it is difficult to clear windows. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

wet clothes in the car, maybe the boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Put a new cabin filter in it,that should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

You could also consider getting one of those plastic dehumidifiers in Woodies and leave it in one of the rear footwells for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Munjo

Could be a leaking heater matrix. Is the coolant level dropping in the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Munjo

What kind of car is it

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Gtapo

Munjo wrote: »
    What kind of car is it

It is a 2007 honda civic hatchback. There is nothing wet left in the car and i think it is a leaky door seal. How do i check the door seals. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Not based on experience of a Civic...
    Lift the carpets to check for water/dampness underneath. Checking the upper carpet surface may not be enough. Check in the boot too.
    Check drains in bulkhead aren't blocked with leaves/debris.
    Other possible leak locations, window seals, rear light cluster seals.
    Does the rear washer work correctly? If not maybe the water hose is split.
    Is there a sun-roof? Check the drains.
    Once you have located a suspect location hose it with water; with someone inside to observe if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Finding leaks can be a long and painful process, You may have to strip out trim in the boot and dust with talc to see where water is coming in, water finds its own level and it may not be leaking where the water is lying.
    Door seals are easy to check sit in the car and get someone else to hose it and just look at the surround to see if water is entering that way.
    Also make sure any drain holes in the bottom of the door are clear and not blocked by debris, water can run down the window and enter the door itself and slosh about as you drive.
    What makes you suspect its the door seal? Are the front carpets wet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Is the carpet wet on the passenger side? There is an air con pipe that if you look underneath the car (at the door length) that can get blocked. An shot of air from an air compressor will free it. Check the cabin filter to see if it wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

Munjo wrote: »
    Could be a leaking heater matrix. Is the coolant level dropping in the engine.
    Exactly what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

Drains also needs to be cleaned ( bottom of doors) plus under the windscreen wipers,gets clogged up with leaves etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Is there water on the carpet in the fake boot (where spare wheel goes)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there water on the carpet in the fake boot (where spare wheel goes)

This.

Pull the carpet up as the sound deadening is like a sponge.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This.

Pull the carpet up as the sound deadening is like a sponge.

Yep and I fixed mine only today after some advice on civinfo

Red arrows are the flow of leak

6cdEoV4.jpg

vXalBDP.jpg

"the seam sealer at the rear of the roof rain channels fails and let’s water in at a surprising rate. "

To check I took the fittings off the end of my hose so I could squash the hose right up against the seam sealer and had someone turn the hose on slowly, hey presto instant in car waterfall!

Clean re-seam seal and reseal with silicone, etc

66717de2572b416e4211c1b1275efb98.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,397 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think I’ve got a bit of that myself, took out the boot carpet 4 months ago and it’s been dry since, but I could feel water in there. Couldn’t figure out where it was coming from.

Didn’t know you had a Civic, have you still got the MR2?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think I’ve got a bit of that myself, took out the boot carpet 4 months ago and it’s been dry since, but I could feel water in there. Couldn’t figure out where it was coming from

Didn’t know you had a Civic, have you still got the MR2?.

do the hose trick and you'll see instant waterfall trickle down the sides - would have been months trying to find it - ive yet to check it since but the general consensus is sealant or boby filler will fix it.

Is the womans civic and yes still have the MR2 as my daily

Advertisement