Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor does a Cat Stevens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Her family need to step in there take the phone off her
    I think her family have stepped in by stepping off the merry go round. Unfortunately, there's plenty willing to exploit a vulnerable woman ready to jump on it and keep it spinning.

Poor woman. Unravelling over and over again in the public gaze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I don't find it amusing , I never did ?
    And I never meant my post to come across as such .
    Yes she needs to stay on her meds , 100% agree with you , all I was trying to say was that whatever she has tried - meds, therapy , religion , obviously hadn't helped her so far .

Sorry that wasn't really meant to single you out , I might have better chosen another post for that.

I don't know if it's helped I think it probably has (the meds that is) bipolar isn't something that goes away, it's something that can (usually) be managed fairly effectively and I think what we tend to see in the news or the celebrity gossip magazines are those episode where she either is off her meds or they need to be adjusted.

So ironically enough the times she's most likely to be in the news for having a wobbly are the times she could most do with her privacy and support.

I know a few people that have spent a fair bit of time with her and by all accounts she is an absolutely sweetheart (when she's good)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Shouldn't it be @MagdaDavitt66.

What's the 77 all about?

Year 0 for all us old punks....

buried wrote: »
    She's clearly lacking some sort of spirituality mindset that she obviously would desperately like to have. Lots of people are that way and don't even know it. Nothing wrong with that either.

I don't think it's uncommon for people with mental health issues to look for spirituality (or more likely inner peace and stability) wherever they think they might find it.

Probably more desperation than anything else.

Faith is a funny thing though, I find it amazing how much strength people can get from. It's not something that can be effectively faked and it nearly seems impossible to get it unless you already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Can I just clarify, I mean an intervention in a social care context.

As in, professionals stepping in, assessing her needs, guidance, a care plan, safeguarding, etc

Challenging behaviour isn't all working biting and punching. Her behaviour is a cry for help, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Ipso wrote: »
    It will be fun when she claims herself to be a mullah.

The beard will be interesting.

On a more serious note, the poor woman is mentally ill and has been for many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭haley79

sinead saved shane mcgowans life back in the 00's
    unfortunately their friendship broke up afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I wonder how long this fling will last, scientology are actively recruiting.

They'd milk her out of house and home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »

As in, professionals stepping in, assessing her needs, guidance, a care plan, safeguarding, etc
    Not much help when you can't force a person to comply. But that's another debate not appropriate for here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

haley79 wrote: »
    sinead saved shane mcgowans life back in the 00's
    unfortunately their friendship broke up afterwards

Was that when Sinéad rang the cops about his heroin use n London ?

I remember hearing something along those lines before.

• Advertisement

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »

Challenging behaviour isn't all working biting and punching. Her behaviour is a cry for help, in my opinion.

I don't know how often they happen in Ireland (if ever), as far as I'm aware if you're not actively a threat to yourself or someone else there is little than can be done.

And....I think there is very much a move to acknowledge 'the right to be different' in mental health circles. Which is good I guess, we don't all need to conform to what is considered 'normal', but where to draw the line between just wanting to be different (or being different) and needing help.

If she thinks she's okay then what can anybody really do other than try to help her figure out if that is really the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Best of luck to her, I hope she's in a good place. And if Islam gives her comfort and security then that's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

She's a narcissist, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Well at least she doesn’t have much hair to cover.

Hopefully she’s not the next Khalid Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Shouldn't it be @MagdaDavitt66.

What's the 77 all about?

MAGADavitt more like

Won't be singing for Conor McGregor in the future I take it :pac:

statesaver wrote: »
    Hopefully she’s not the next Khalid Kelly

I always used to get yer man mixed up with David O'Doherty

Easier to tell them apart now though ever since the oul' "driving incident"

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

New album out soon no doubt....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

wexie wrote: »
    I don't think it's uncommon for people with mental health issues to look for spirituality (or more likely inner peace and stability) wherever they think they might find it.

Probably more desperation than anything else.

Faith is a funny thing though, I find it amazing how much strength people can get from. It's not something that can be effectively faked and it nearly seems impossible to get it unless you already have it.

Yeah see that's the thing, from what I have heard, as others have even said up in here from what they have heard, Sinead is a actual and totally genuine lovely lady, a good person, but these are the people, the good genuine people, actual spiritual people, and I'm not talking about the Christian Catholic Islam racket card carriers, I'm talking about people who wonder and want to wonder, have their own spirituality,these are the ones who seem to struggle most in the current hyperclimate of the modern materialistic western world where any sort of Spirituality is treated as if it was a fairytale voodoo joke. The ability to wonder and want to wonder is no joke. The minute the majority stops doing that, you can kiss the rest goodbye.

I think Sinead just wants to get on a well known franchise for some sort of spirituality already available that isn't a catholic/christian racket, or maybe she actually digs what it Islam has to say I dunno. I just think its a shame she ditched her name. Her own ancient Irish family name that came from a actual culture before any Abrahamic middle eastern religion got its claws up in here.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Intelligent theologian

Oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Can't wait to hear John Waters take on it .....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oxymoron.

Hey, she said it!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear John Waters take on it .....:D

Concern for his son I’d imagine

And the mother of his son

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is she the bald bloke who ripped up the pope?

I always used to get yer man mixed up with David O'Doherty

Easier to tell them apart now though ever since the oul' "driving incident"

Aye, driving in Syria can be hazardous. Deadly actually

Aww..I like Sinead..some artist back in the day..she has her demons though..maybe if she'd stuck with catholicism and not tore up the pope's picture she might have some peace by now..It saddens me to see the whole attention seeking element in her recent difficulties..
    'Am I not your girl' was some album..she had the voice of an angel before she started giving out about everything..
    I really hope this brings her peace..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Re Nothing compares to Hindu...

Except Mandinka. She loves Man-Din-Ka. Egyptian god of riffs

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Totally agree and the sad thing is she never has seemed to get the proper help to overcome her demons .
    She has gone from one religion to another , seemingly trying to find solace or peace within herself , which hasn't worked so far .

Wait till she runs out of them and realises every one of them is horse****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

buried wrote:
    I think Sinead just wants to get on a well known franchise for some sort of spirituality already available that isn't a catholic/christian racket, or maybe she actually digs what it Islam has to say I dunno. I just think its a shame she ditched her name. Her own ancient Irish family name that came from a actual culture before any Abrahamic middle eastern religion got its claws up in here.

100% agree on both counts.

You can immerse yourself in Sufi wisdom and remain true to your own ancestors. None of this aping ****. Be authentic.

Advertisement