Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Somebody save for posterity before it's gone, pics won't load for me.

Won't load on IE for me, had to open them in Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I'm tempted to contact Veronica and give her **** for promoting that! Thats is shocking and disgusting to try rent that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭BandMember

I've seen some really bad and horrible things on this thread, but that kip of a hovel in Sutton just takes the p*ss!!

The scum who would seek to exploit some sucker and make money from this should be publicly named and shamed.

The website advertising that should be shut down and the person responsible for it and in the video face consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I suspect that garden shack isint on Daft as it'd be pulled within minutes

Coupled with the Spotahome T&Cs where you actually cannot go to view it before taking it on either.
    Why can’t I visit this property?

With Spotahome, you don’t need to visit the property.

The Homechecker visits the property for you – and they take photos and videos to prove it. They also meet the landlord, so you have all the information you need to make your final decision.

And because we’re online, that means you can watch tours, search images and read important policies with just a Wi-Fi and a smartphone!

No more getting taxis to and from the property. No rearranging second visits.

Just 24hr access to every Spotahome property, all at the click of a button.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    Coupled with the Spotahome T&Cs where you actually cannot go to view it before taking it on either.

Just when you thought it couldn't be any worse!!!

BandMember wrote: »
    Just when you thought it couldn't be any worse!!!

Oh it gets worse..
    Cancellation type: standard

Standard
    Canceling your stay with Spotahome? Here’s what you need to know:

a) The good news: if you cancel your booking 61 days (or more) before your move-in date, we promise to refund 100% of your first payment.

b) If you cancel 31 to 60 days before your move-in date, we will refund 50% of your first payment. The other 50% will be given to the landlord.

c) If you cancel your stay within 30 days of your move-in date, 100% of your first payment will be given to the landlord.

d) The bad news: once your booking is accepted by the landlord, you cannot recover your one-time reservation fee at any point.

I don't know where to start with the amount of illegality with the website, the advert and the property shíth0le in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Jesus christ that is shocking. And must be illegal. There's no way those walls are insulated. And there's no heating apart from that tiny little heater?

You literally couldn't swing a cat in there. It's a glorified garden shed.
    It's not even a shed. It's the fecking side passage.

I'm speechless :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has it been taken down?

Edit: nvm I think it's still there. Just couldn't find it for a sec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Has it been taken down?

Been snapped up by a keen go-getter I'd say...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

One of the walls is literally the exterior wall of the house.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And the other one the fence, i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It reminds me of when you're a kid with your pals and you're pretend making your own house down the back of someone's garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It reminds me of when you're a kid with your pals and you're pretend making your own house down the back of someone's garden.
    If only you'd had the wit at the time to charge €700pm for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That's not even funny. That's rage-inducing.

Oh won't someone think of the poor landlords.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I seen the the guys that made this after completion saying that it's a way to solve the homeless crisis and it's all made of of recycled goods. The expensive part was the windows which are also recycled.

But the greed has taken over now.

One of the exterior walls of the house has a vent which they have boxed off! So god knows what fumes and scents will be trapped there.

Disgrace that this 'project' is being rented out now.

Its even been approved by spotahome - whomever approved that should be made live in it during this storm we might have coming over the next few days.

Oh and don't forget, if they cancel, they will not get their deposit of one month back. Paid up front..

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

what it looks to be is the corridor that runs down the side of your house and someone put a roof on it.
    This breaks so many codes its not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    what it looks to be is the corridor that runs down the side of your house and someone put a roof on it.
    This breaks so many codes its not funny.

It is someones side entrance.
    Wait til it's bin day and the house owners are swanning through your gaf with the green bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Checked by Spotahome

What exactly did they even check for?? It's less than a third of the 40sq.m size required for studios for let and misses out on a ton of other rental requirements like oven extractor fan, cupboards, draining area, microwave.. Not even mentioning the fact it's outside between a fence and the wall of their house with presumably no insulation.. It's honestly a joke that they'd even put it on there that they've checked the place over and yet still approved it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It is someones side entrance.
    Wait til it's bin day and the house owners are swanning through your gaf with the green bin.

I'd rather sleep in the green bin than that shack.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

BandMember wrote: »
    I've seen some really bad and horrible things on this thread, but that kip of a hovel in Sutton just takes the p*ss!!

The scum who would seek to exploit some sucker and make money from this should be publicly named and shamed.

The website advertising that should be shut down and the person responsible for it and in the video face consequences.

and the real scandal is that folk are so desperate to rent that someone will take it.

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    What exactly did they even check for?? It's less than a third of the 40sq.m size required for studios for let and misses out on a ton of other rental requirements like oven extractor fan, cupboards, draining area, microwave.. Not even mentioning the fact it's outside between a fence and the wall of their house with presumably no insulation.. It's honestly a joke that they'd even put it on there that they've checked the place over and yet still approved it.

but but, it has a smoke alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd rather sleep in the green bin than that shack.

Joseph Fritzel did a better job.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm gobsmacked someone has the gall to tack 3 planks of wood and a roof to the side of a house and call it a 1 double bed studio. Sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's the worst thing I've seen on this thread by a wide margin. You might as well chuck up a tent in a park somewhere for all that offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not quiet as bad but that last one reminded me of this
    https://www.daft.ie/laois/bungalows-for-sale/portlaoise/no178a-crann-nua-portlaoise-laois-1668829/

Someone has built what is essentially a large conservatory on the side of their terraced house in an estate. Notice the name, "178A".

Great spot if you ever wanted to live your life totally exposed to the public footpath 6 feet from your large windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

inforfun wrote: »
    While it looks like they used decent stuff to renovate that place, who in their ****ing mind thinks people love to sit down on a couch watching their kitchen sink?

Anyone in an apartment...

Advertisement