Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Has been said before in another post but I'm unable to find it.

Moved into the area 3 years ago and since then I've noticed a steady increase in the vandalism of the area.

The train station for example. When I first moved to the area there was not a single broken glass wall. Then a few months later one got broken, months later another got broken etc.. etc.. till the vast majority of glass walls were broken and eventually covered by wood.

Next up were the sliding doors. While these are not often vandalized it has happened more than 5 times. The doors would be pulled down and kicked out of their railings. My theory is that the doors were closed to prevent the underclass cockroaches from entering the station after hours but being the delinquents they are; forced their way in.

Same with the teller machines. There are 4 of them but they were broken and only two are now operational.

As previous said, every weekend the cockroaches f about in the train station and litter it with tickets from the teller machines, crips (say it as the Dubs do) packets and cans.

Moving outside of the train station the shops along Main Street. These have been vandalized before although I'll concede that it's happening a lot less now. Same with the bus stop windows. It'll be broken, replaced a some months later, broken again some months later. A never ending cycle.

The cockroaches outside of the Centra :mad:. Buying their food and just dumping the litter where they have eaten. There is a bin 3 meters from where they are but no, being mindful of others is too much to ask for. That's underclass right there.

It's no surprise the Centra has a guard in the store.

The area has a lot of potential. It's 20~ish quid for a Taxi ride from the city centre. 20 minutes to the airport, sufficient bus routes and the dart.

What it needs is more gentrification. A lot more gentrification.

Unfortunately I don't see this ever happening as the new builds besides Centra are
    1. Badly built and stupidly positioned.
    I feel for anyone trying to get any sleep when cars and buses are roaring down the road.

2. No matter how politically correct I try to be this will seen as dole bashing.
    Concentrated social housing. Pepper the social housing don't concentrate it.

https://twitter.com/campaignforleo/status/932647641850183680/video/1

There are only two roads leading in and out of the area. Main street and another north of Main street. Can you imagine the traffic disaster when all the housing comes online?

Planning? What planning?

There is a lot more to bitch about :)

As for those who link to other articles showing the same thing. Yeah so what?

Why are we comparing downwards? "Yeah well it happens there as well so stop complaining." This is defeatist mentality.

Google Luxembourg train vandalism; There is one result from 2012. 6 years ago. This is what we should be aiming towards.

We should be comparing upwards! To cities & countries where it happens less frequently to learn from them and implement the steps they have taken to curb anti-social behaviour.

/rant

I hope you'll attend tonight's forum, so you can voice your concerns. All legitimate, I must concede, but your initial post was deeply unfair to all the people living here who try to make the place a lively community. It ignored all the hard work a handful of us have put towards events such as the park feast, the Christmas Market, etc.

Clongriffin to Belmayne Community Forum at the new Junction Community Centre , Unit 11 , Station Square , Clongriffin , Dublin 13 on this evening Tuesday 22nd May 2018 at 7.30pm. This one should be particularly well attended by the Gardai, Irish Rail and multiple politicians and city councillors in light of the recent incidence at the train station. This is an opportunity to find out about the plans for the area generally and to also express any concerns about security, lack of schools capacity, lack of community facilities in the area and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alexanderis

Hi everyone,

We are planing to buy a house Belltree and have already put in the 5k deposit.
    I have a question regarding home insurance while the property is still in development.
    The mortgage protection and home insurance are required prior to having access to the house.

How did you guys go about it when filling out the form, especially smoke detectors and alarm?
    Do I just fill in saying I have them and then install once I have access to the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Hey.
    1. Smoke and CO2 detectors should come with the house as standard and will be installed by builders before you get your keys.
    2. I insured via AIB (axa) and it was easy as first they allowed a "under construction" insurance and on the day I moved in upgraded to regular home insurance.
    3. Do not lie about what us and what is not installed as this may render your insurance invalid

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi everyone,

We are planing to buy a house Belltree and have already put in the 5k deposit.
    I have a question regarding home insurance while the property is still in development.
    The mortgage protection and home insurance are required prior to having access to the house.

How did you guys go about it when filling out the form, especially smoke detectors and alarm?
    Do I just fill in saying I have them and then install once I have access to the house?
    Volthar wrote: »
    Hey.
    1. Smoke and CO2 detectors should come with the house as standard and will be installed by builders before you get your keys.
    2. I insured via AIB (axa) and it was easy as first they allowed a "under construction" insurance and on the day I moved in upgraded to regular home insurance.
    3. Do not lie about what us and what is not installed as this may render your insurance invalid

1. Smoke and Heat detectors are mandatory under Part B of the Building Regulations. Your house should and will have a smoke detector in every room. The CO detector is also mandatory under Part J of the Building Regulations and your house is fitted with the required amount.

2. The house is still the property of the developer (Gannon Homes) until the day of hand over, so you require no insurance until that day. You shouldn't have "under construction" insurance on a property that you do not own and have no right of claim (until day of handover).

3. the house insurance and mortgage protection is a mortgage draw down requirement, you can arrange this through the bank so its all in place on draw down or once you have a closing date, you can arrange through a third party and then provide proof of same to the mortgage bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

kceire wrote:
    2. The house is still the property of the developer (Gannon Homes) until the day of hand over, so you require no insurance until that day. You shouldn't have "under construction" insurance on a property that you do not own and have no right of claim (until day of handover).

I got my facts mixed up. The interim insurance I had was for period from when I got the keys until my own contractors finished with floors, furniture and so on. AIB told me I cant have full home insurance until the house is ready to be occupied yet I wanted my stock of floorboards, flatpacks and structure insured in some way. Hope this makes sense.

• Advertisement

Volthar wrote: »
    I got my facts mixed up. The interim insurance I had was for period from when I got the keys until my own contractors finished with floors, furniture and so on. AIB told me I cant have full home insurance until the house is ready to be occupied yet I wanted my stock of floorboards, flatpacks and structure insured in some way. Hope this makes sense.

Makes perfect sense now Volthar, hanks for the clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trooperdx3117

So me and my Girlfriend went a viewing three weeks ago, love the look of the houses but there was only one house left and it wasn't the B type we were looking for.

The agent told us that there would be another release of houses at the end of September with the type we're looking for will be included in the next phase to be released.

I've just noticed they've taken the ads off Daft for the development, does that mean that all the houses are gone?

If they are coming back do you think there'll be much of a price increase? Is there usually one between phases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

What are they building in that area (Clongriffin/Balgriffin) at the moment? is it a mix of houses and apartments or just houses?

alwald wrote: »
    What are they building in that area (Clongriffin/Balgriffin) at the moment? is it a mix of houses and apartments or just houses?

Clongriffin is currently houses only being built by Gannon Homes. The only apartmenst under construction is the Iveagh Trust / Part V block being built along Main Street.
    Ballgriffin is houses and apartments I believe.

Both different developments by different developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

kceire wrote: »
    Clongriffin is currently houses only being built by Gannon Homes. The only apartmenst under construction is the Iveagh Trust / Part V block being built along Main Street.
    Ballgriffin is houses and apartments I believe.

Both different developments by different developers.

Thanks a lot for the information. There is so little information on these developments in internet. I like the area (close to the M50/City center, serviced by both buses and DART and close to the sea, Malahide/Howth/Portmarnock).

There is also the new Priory apparently - Any website with more description on the new developments for apartments, release dates, prices or contact information is more than welcome.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot for the information. There is so little information on these developments in internet. I like the area (close to the M50/City center, serviced by both buses and DART and close to the sea, Malahide/Howth/Portmarnock).

There is also the new Priory apparently - Any website with more description on the new developments for apartments, release dates, prices or contact information is more than welcome.

My girlfriend and I are looking at Belltree, http://belltree.ie/

We saw the show houses and they look fantastic, the last release of mid terrace 3 bedrooms were going for 355K which is just within our budget so i'm hoping the next release isn't going to increase price too much

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

So me and my Girlfriend went a viewing three weeks ago, love the look of the houses but there was only one house left and it wasn't the B type we were looking for.

The agent told us that there would be another release of houses at the end of September with the type we're looking for will be included in the next phase to be released.

I've just noticed they've taken the ads off Daft for the development, does that mean that all the houses are gone?

If they are coming back do you think there'll be much of a price increase? Is there usually one between phases?

I wouldn't worry about them being gone from Daft- still quite a few phases to go. Sherry Fitz site down at the moment but Belltree is here https://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/80244
    I would give them a call to confirm when next phase is released...and yes there has been a slight jump in price between releases- from memory 15-20 but could depend on house type.

There are a new set of apartments going up on the north side of Father Collins park- not sure of developer though.

New Priory completely sold out from what I heard- they were priced to sell quickly probably with its history.

Gannon also have Belcamp which is a short hop up the Malahide road - very big site and would imagine mixed houses/apartments.

To have an idea on whats coming up- check out the planning applications on Dublin City Council's site and have a look at the planning map.

I wouldn't worry about them being gone from Daft- still quite a few phases to go. Sherry Fitz site down at the moment but Belltree is here https://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/80244
    I would give them a call to confirm when next phase is released...and yes there has been a slight jump in price between releases- from memory 15-20 but could depend on house type.

Thanks for the reassurement, i'll give them a shout tomorrow. Hopefully the prices won't go up more than that. We'd be stretching the budget at that but it would be manageable!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

The new development of apartments on Marrsfield Ave at the top of the park are by Twinlite and seem to be a little more upmarket than the rest with their own reception, gym and coffee shop. It seems it will be run by a management company; unsure if there will be private sales or rent only. Planning app numbers are: 3247/14 and 3696/18 you can check on the Dublin City Council website under planning for these drawings.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

The apartments to north of Father Collins Park are in DCC, border with Fingal is just north of these.

Attached plan covers all current granted planning permissions.

Blue square is 84 apartments currently under construction for Iveagh Trust, I'd guess 6 months from completion.

Yellow boxes are Belltree houses, the majority of these are currently either completed and occupied, or awaiting occupation, or close to completion. Some have not yet begun construction, these are in top right of pic

Green box is apartments as mentioned by razhor above, construction started maybe 2 months back

Orange boxes are 3 apartment blocks, one closest to railway line is 14 stories tall, other two are 6 stories, total of 167 apartments between the 3 blocks

Red box is 200 bedroom hotel and a load of apartments, part of block closest to train line is to be 16/17 stories

Apart from the green box all the above are being built by Gannons. And as you can see there is a lot of land that as yet has no planning granted, no doubt Gannons will get to these other sites in due course, the masterplan for the area suggests that apartments will be favoured over houses for this land (and there is supposed to be land allocated for at least one school also)

Outside of the pictured area there is permission for 200 build-to-rent apartments on site exactly adjacent to the Donaghmede roundabout, this permission is approx a year old but a revised application for 225 apartments on same site has now been applied for

There are permissions for apartments in the middle of the site but Gannon are not building them at the moment. They are only implementing the housing side of the permissions. The funding and how they are funded I believe is why this is happening.

Blue Square - 84 Apartments and 2 Retail units.
    Top Yellow Box - Belltree Green Phase (75 Houses under Construction)
    Middle Yellow Box - Belltree Park Phase (Complete and Occupied)
    Lower Yellow Box - Plot E & Park Street Phase (Plot E Complete and Park Street Phase under construction - 30 houses)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xboxdad

ohlordy wrote: »
    The apartments to north of Father Collins Park are in DCC, border with Fingal is just north of these.

Blue square is 84 apartments currently under construction for Iveagh Trust, I'd guess 6 months from completion.

Yellow boxes are Belltree houses, the majority of these are currently either completed and occupied, or awaiting occupation, or close to completion. Some have not yet begun construction, these are in top right of pic

Green box is apartments as mentioned by razhor above, construction started maybe 2 months back

Orange boxes are 3 apartment blocks, one closest to railway line is 14 stories tall, other two are 6 stories, total of 167 apartments between the 3 blocks

Red box is 200 bedroom hotel and a load of apartments, part of block closest to train line is to be 16/17 stories

Apart from the green box all the above are being built by Gannons. And as you can see there is a lot of land that as yet has no planning granted, no doubt Gannons will get to these other sites in due course, the masterplan for the area suggests that apartments will be favoured over houses for this land (and there is supposed to be land allocated for at least one school also)

Outside of the pictured area there is permission for 200 build-to-rent apartments on site exactly adjacent to the Donaghmede roundabout, this permission is approx a year old but a revised application for 225 apartments on same site has now been applied for

re: Green area
    Hole in the wall Road is supposed to be connected directly to R124 via a junction with traffic lights (to get rid of that dangerous junction with the stop signs). I hope that plan wasn't scrapped to give way to the apartments.

Seemly the final release is open this Saturday.

http://belltree.ie

3 beds from €365k

Seemly the final release is open this Saturday.

http://belltree.ie

3 beds from €365k

Just got the email confirming, will defo be there with deposit ready to go, hopefully will be able to get a house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34

Nice to see it on the map.
    Would you mind to tell where can be found that map with granted planning permissions, like the one you attached?

Marius34 wrote: »
    Nice to see it on the map.
    Would you mind to tell where can be found that map with granted planning permissions, like the one you attached?

It’s just an aerial image and the poster done the shading himself.
    Otherwise, you can go onto the DCC website and search by map. Zoom to that area and tick the boxes for granted and pending planning applications.

xboxdad wrote: »
    re: Green area
    Hole in the wall Road is supposed to be connected directly to R124 via a junction with traffic lights (to get rid of that dangerous junction with the stop signs). I hope that plan wasn't scrapped to give way to the apartments.

No, this will be happening, Fingal are finalising CPO process for land involved and assessing tenders, I'd say it'll be open in 18-24 months

It’s just an aerial image and the poster done the shading himself.
    Otherwise, you can go onto the DCC website and search by map. Zoom to that area and tick the boxes for granted and pending planning applications.

Thought there were more phases of Belltree but has been a while since I looked at the 'masterplan' map... vmb put up in 2016 https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101794889&postcount=489

Was just having a poke around Dublin City Council and Fingal Council planning details (Fingal so much easier to navigate) and there is still scope for thousands of units around the area. Will be interesting to see if the Fingal side of the Dart station ever gets moving- receivers for company actually putting in amendments for planning so looks like just waiting for a cash flow. (planning refs: F07A/1723 and F16A/0412)

Not sure if Gannon is going to prioritise Belcamp over finishing off the blocks in Belltree- the Belcamp ones that are being built now are Belcamp Manor by Crosswaithe Developments (F15A/0093) and next to the Gannon site (F15A/0609 and F18A/0058)

If all of these places are ever fully built lets hope that Irish Rail have sorted out capacity on the Darts- getting a free demo of what it would be like to use the Japanese metro at the moment and that's without the thousands of extra people that will be moving into Clongriffin/Portmarnock/Malahide areas over the coming years.

I think the only thing guaranteed to be followed from the masterplan is the layout of the roads, what will be built on each block will only become certain when permissions are sought.

My assumption is that the blocks that have not yet been developed will all contain apartments. The plan for the area all along has been for a high density residential core on either side of the train station, there cannot be much scope for further Belltree houses if this plan is to be brought to fruition. The granting of permission for 14 and 17 storey buildings near station supports this idea

Major investment in train capacity is needed, Dart Underground, 4 tracking and electrification of lines to Drogheda/Maynooth/Hazelhatch etc, topics for another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

I'm looking forward to see more apartments being built.

Too many semi-d/terraced houses, Clongriffin does need more density.

People here complain about lack of amenities, but at the same time do not want to see anything but houses, houses, and more houses.

Of course, PT is a big concern considering population growth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

If all of these places are ever fully built lets hope that Irish Rail have sorted out capacity on the Darts- getting a free demo of what it would be like to use the Japanese metro at the moment and that's without the thousands of extra people that will be moving into Clongriffin/Portmarnock/Malahide areas over the coming years.
    Major investment in train capacity is needed, Dart Underground, 4 tracking and electrification of lines to Drogheda/Maynooth/Hazelhatch etc, topics for another thread!

Ah shur, no need for that - there'll be more lovely buses! Solve everything with buses (that incidentally run parallel to the DART course)!

Jokes aside yes, there's a desperate need to increase the DART capacity - and I'm not sure it can be done, since most of the stations have platforms so short that the 8-cars trains are the maximum allowable. A relatively easy solution would be to get proper urban trains - you know, the ones with seats lining the carriage walls, rather than in isles of 4 like on long distance trains.

The whole Clongriffin/Portmarnock/Malahide side is criminally overlooked, by now I suspect it's already more populated than the Howth side - at least by commuters...
    vmb wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to see more apartments being built.

Too many semi-d/terraced houses, Clongriffin does need more density.

People here complain about lack of amenities, but at the same time do not want to see anything but houses, houses, and more houses.

Of course, PT is a big concern considering population growth

Fully agree - Ireland, and Dublin in particular, need to let go the fixation with the little house with a garden, it's simply not feasible in an urban environment as it leads to ballooning costs and logistical nightmares when it comes to transportation and services (everything needs to be spread out thin).

As for the lack of amenities in Clongriffin - there are literally dozens of commercial spaces that lay empty. I could understand it when I moved there in 2015, there was barely a soul around the place, but now it's full - the lack of essentially everything is baffling. A small "Tesco Express", a Lidl or an Aldi in the building by the station would absolutely clean up, as everyone coming back home from the DART would stop for their groceries there...

So my partner and I were able to secure a house this weekend and we have our deposit down! We were told the move in date is roughly summer 2019, we're very excited but just wondering have Gannon usually been on time delivering phases or should we expect delays?

Also anything we should be watching out for during the process as we're waiting for the house to be complete?

So my partner and I were able to secure a house this weekend and we have our deposit down! We were told the move in date is roughly summer 2019, we're very excited but just wondering have Gannon usually been on time delivering phases or should we expect delays?

Also anything we should be watching out for during the process as we're waiting for the house to be complete?

Usually there or there abouts. You house is so far off, there’s no way of knowing just yet. It may not even be started construction yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Congrats on your purchase it’s an exciting time ahead for you.

We bought in Belltree in the last phase and we were told Sept/Oct move in date and we are moving in November with the delay being due to ESB so all in all they were fairly spot on.

Advertisement