Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling for Autumn

Options
  • 29-09-2015 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't it glorious? Dry and crisp with a real refreshing bite and it's been sunny during the day this week

I love Autumn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Walked out of the office today to a little chill in the air but a gorgeous sunny evening. Big fan of Autumn myself, the cold mornings not so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Woolly jumpers, out for walks in the cold air. Nice to come into a warm house with a nice fire on.....

Arah, sure go on, I'll have a hot whiskey to warm me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I love this time of year, especially when we get those real autumnal dry crisp evenings. No better time of the year for getting the oul telescope out for a bit of star gazing. Then when it gets a bit nippy, you can retreat inside to a roaster of a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

boobar wrote: »
    Woolly jumpers, out for walks in the cold air. Nice to come into a warm house with a nice fire on.....

Arah, sure go on, I'll have a hot whiskey to warm me up.

How long have you been living in Glenroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nice and mild here, no cold thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Love this time of year. The air is crisp and the paths carpeted in leaves.

Seem to be coming down with my second cold though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Still haven't put the heating on, and still cutting the grass…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

efb wrote: »
    Isn't it glorious? Dry and crisp with a real refreshing bite and it's been sunny during the day this week

I love Autumn
    I love the excuse to get back into big jumpers and boots. I was out for a walk today and it was lovely walking through big piles of leaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

The smell of fallen leaves is quite pleasing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Plenty hard nipples these mornings, lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Theres a lot to be said for the summer (an actual real one) but cool, crisp autumnal days where you get to don your good coat and a solid pair of shoes or boots are just more fitting I find. Leave the bermuda shorts and flipflops to the foreigners. Give me this week and these temps all the time I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

There was a blank of fog on the m3 at 7am, not good, or safe particularly when some fools have no lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I prefer spring. So full of promise. Daffodils poking through the soil. Trees all a bud. Migrating birds back in the skies. Cherry blossom.

Autumn is like natures recession. Full of fallen leaves, traffic jams, drunken wasps and house hunting spiders. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

mad muffin wrote: »
    Still haven't put the heating on, and still cutting the grass…

I usually have to cut my grass up until about the first week of November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Has Summer started yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Has Summer started yet?
    Add your reply here.

Nah! Autumn ftw. Another great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The weather has been outstanding the last week or so. I cut grass there only a day or two back, but it'll be leaf-raking time - round one - shortly, and that's a pain in the hole. I love this time of year. It makes me a tad nostalgic for back around 1990, and warming my little two-stroke Suzuki before heading in to college, my feet already showing signs of frostbite in anticipation. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

my theory on why for a lot of us Autumn is our favourite time of year.

Autumn colours and woolly coats and jumpers suit Irish people we are not really a shorts and flip-flops type nation we haven't got the right skin tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Driving down in to the city from the Dublin mountains yesterday morning at dawn was an absolute pleasure. The city was basked in this faint orange glow as the sun peaked over the horizon. Yeah- Autumn is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I love Autumn too, it is so nice to be able to wrap up and wear a coat and a scarf and boots again. I also like it is getting dark earlier as well, I went for a meal last night and it was lovely to walk around town in the dark, I'm really not a summer person or a daylight person :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Has Summer started yet?
    This Summer was grand, but people still have to moan. (You notice dodgy weather more when you're on a bike, and I don't think it was that bad.)

Autumn is fine so long as it's not wet and windy (although same could be said for any of our seasons). Walking through crisp, newly-fallen leaves is lovely but feeling yer back wheel wobble on damp, wet leaves isn't quite so nice.

It was fairly foggy around here this morning, which I like, even if it's a bit dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

Love it!! Don't mind the cold mornings at all when we have this lovely sunshine during the day. Much easier to dress for autumn & winter anyway :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

It's called 'fall' 'cus leaf fall down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Wearing coats and scarves are the sh!t
    Hon Autumn ya beautiful fncker ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Found my first chestnut on the ground yesterday.
    It's sitting on my desk proudly now.

That's my own Autumn is here sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Autumn suits my personality more than summer. I kind of have that cold "bad news" air about me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fuzzypickle

This time of year I love being up stupidly early in the morning when it's just starting to get bright, sitting under a blanket at my pc with a gigantic cup of tea.

Ahh bliss.

• Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Candyshell

Today feels like a nice Autumn day, enjoying that chill in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

It’s fresh

It’s so exciting. It’s so exciting to me

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

Irish people are weirdos. We get like 10 or 11 months of autumn or worse (winter) and they're happy when it's f*cking Baltic in August. Hands were numb cycling to work this morning. In AUGUST.

Advertisement