Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frampton/Fury/Barnes fight card Windsor Park: Aug 18

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

You do realise Tyson Fury is British too?

No one wants him!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

You do realise Tyson Fury is British too?

Oh noo mate I thought he was fecking Australian!!

I obviously knew he was such, but the British media have made it clear they do not like him, so he's not their big hope.

Try being pedantic a bit harder next time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Again you avoid any discussion about boxing. You're being ignored now.

I'm pretty sure that Anthony Joshua did't go to boarding school.

I'm also certain that I played on a Minor team that hammered you 'tough' Strabane lads in a county final...

walshb wrote: »
    This is like a man vs. a boy...

Yet he is fighting half the size of fury in his home town and bleeding from the face. But Fury not getting hit at all in 10 rounds with a clean face is such a let down. Don't show your bias too much.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Yet he is fighting half the size of fury in his home town and bleeding from the face. But Fury not getting hit at all in 10 rounds with a clean face is such a let down. Don't show your bias too much.

You are so weird

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

The Aussie is looking fairly tough, is carl getting frustrated?

I'm pretty sure that Anthony Joshua did't go to boarding school.

I'm also certain that I played on a Minor team that hammered you 'tough' Strabane lads in a county final...

#1 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4358756/Anthony-Joshua-believes-Nigerian-boarding-school-helped.html

Anthony Joshua reveals how beatings at boarding school instilled discipline --- yet.... In 2009, Joshua was put on remand in Reading Prison for what he describes as "fighting and other crazy stuff". He was made to wear an electronic tag on his ankle when released.

In March 2011, Joshua was pulled over by the police for speeding in Colindale, North London. He was found with 8 ounces of herbal cannabis hidden in a sports bag in his Mercedes-Benz. He was charged with possession with intent to supply a class B drug, an offence that carries a maximum 14-year sentence. Joshua was suspended from GB boxing squad and was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 100 hours' unpaid work after pleading guilty at crown court

What a terrible star for the sport. The Great British hope as I've said.

#2 point, stay on the topic of boxing please. You're embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,985 ✭✭✭✭walshb

begbysback wrote: »
    The Aussie is looking fairly tough, is carl getting frustrated?

Frampton of old would be more on top..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,214 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Don't show your bias too much.

Hahahaha

put the internet down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

#1 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4358756/Anthony-Joshua-believes-Nigerian-boarding-school-helped.html

Anthony Joshua reveals how beatings at boarding school instilled discipline --- yet.... In 2009, Joshua was put on remand in Reading Prison for what he describes as "fighting and other crazy stuff". He was made to wear an electronic tag on his ankle when released.

In March 2011, Joshua was pulled over by the police for speeding in Colindale, North London. He was found with 8 ounces of herbal cannabis hidden in a sports bag in his Mercedes-Benz. He was charged with possession with intent to supply a class B drug, an offence that carries a maximum 14-year sentence. Joshua was suspended from GB boxing squad and was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 100 hours' unpaid work after pleading guilty at crown court

You called Joshua a nonce. Link, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

It's still fairly easy, though carl seems to want to take him out, not sure he will - guy looks tough

You called Joshua a nonce. Link, please.

I just linked it in that post. Try keep up.

Carl Frampton being heavy handed has to be the biggest myth in boxing

Carl Frampton being heavy handed has to be the biggest myth in boxing

It was never out there to begin with...

Decent puncher. That’s all.

I never knew that AJ went to boarding school, knoew he had a cloudy past though. I'm not his biggest fan so i won't try to defend him. as Others have said, calling him a 'nonce' is out of order.

On Point 2, I doubt you are actually from Strabane or even Tyrone

You can tell Jackson has very little power in his loaded punches at all. Looks like he'll need to load a very good combo to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,573 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I just linked it in that post. Try keep up.

Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

Also, a decent troll shouldn't come out with the level of nonsense you have. You need to reconsider your trolling.

I never knew that AJ went to boarding school, knoew he had a cloudy past though. I'm not his biggest fan so i won't try to defend him. as Others have said, calling him a 'nonce' is out of order.

On Point 2, I doubt you are actually from Strabane or even Tyrone

With a history just for what he actually got caught for. Coming from a boarding school privileged upbringing. Using urban American slang when speaking. Not fighting Wilder, and not impressing in any fight he's fought in so far yet being a HW.

Yeah seems like the definition of an overrated nonce to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Don't know much about boxing but was Barnes hit in the stomach and down he goes? Never saw that happen before. Is that normal?

• Advertisement

With a history just for what he actually got caught for. Coming from a boarding school privileged upbringing. Using urban American slang when speaking. Not fighting Wilder, and not impressing in any fight he's fought in so far yet being a HW.

You don't even know the meaning of the word you clown

Just ask AJ for your lunch money back and be done with it..

bobbyss wrote: »
    Don't know much about boxing but was Barnes hit in the stomach and down he goes? Never saw that happen before. Is that normal?

What?

You don't even know the meaning of the word you clown

Don't call me a clown when people throw the accusation I use around all the time. Using pedantics like that would get you knocked out at the pub if you tried them. Hence why you're all in home by yourselves tonight. Utter balloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

He got a bang on his solar plexus and down he went. The punch was not below the belt so was legit.

See this is why I am certain you are not from Tyrone, you are deliberatley trying to give Tyrone people a bad name.

Mind you Strabane people are nuts

Guy who used to train with him in the gym never seen him fight any better and says this is his best performance ever.

Tell me more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭bobbyss

walshb wrote:
    What?

I saw Barnes rolling around on the floor. He was hit in the stomach I think? Bout over. Never seen that before.

Guy who used to train with him in the gym never seen him fight any better and says this is his best performance ever.

Tell me more though.

More?

It was David Haye!🤔

• Advertisement

I saw Barnes rolling around on the floor. He was hit in the stomach I think? Bout over. Never seen that before.

Never seen a body shot KO?

Well, if not then that was one of the best you could see..

Advertisement