Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ to broadcast feature-length documentary on the life of Denis O'Brien

Options
  • 30-06-2018 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grand so. No point watching it if we know what's not in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Always check under your bed before going to sleep, Denis could be there.

I’m so worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I can see this ending well...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

All fur coat and no knickers...

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

A bloody documentary celebrating this corrupt greedy tax dodging parasitic fatcat basically encapsulates what I hate most about RTE, and this country as well.

While ordinary people had their lives ruined he used backroom dealings to amass obscene wealth, tried to fleece every family in with his water meters, moved his residence ton Malta.

He's not someone Irish people should be celebrating. And I don't want his big fat boulder of a head being beamed into my home, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

surprised Ray Burke wasn't in between the two of them
    He's not someone Irish people should be celebrating. And I don't want his big fat boulder of a head being beamed into my home, ever.

spat my beer out laughing at that one

M

Wonder will it ever air?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

So the Irish Donald Trump is getting his own documentary... making RTÉ great again!!!

• Advertisement
    M

So the Irish Donald Trump is getting his own documentary... making RTgreat again!!!

The Don got very few breaks from the US government, he mostly got sued by them with his real estate empire.

RTE constantly exposes dodgy tds and government policy on primetime.

Pure conspiracy theory ****e again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Didn't Monty Python already make The Life of Brian? Forty years ago next year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

jacksie66 wrote: »
    So there is where your TV licence is going. On a denis o Brien **** fest..

i went to their twitter to see if they had any posts about it but all you can see there is rainbows painted over everything, the pride thing is great and all but sheesh they didn't go this mental for the freaking Easter Rising Centennial. they just want to make sure the LGBTQ community keeps paying their fees.

RTE is just so cringey with everything they do. whoever produces that stupid show they put on after the world cup with the fellas in wigs should be shot into the sun.

DOB's biggest fan it seems is Bill Clinton, he's in the ad as well being interviewed about fathead Denny singing his praises. Another straight shooter who never deceived anyone or abused his position. Sickening that RTE would make such a program.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Pisstake.. a documentary about a bully boy corrupt buisness man who has ill gotten gains through a corrupted awarding process that amounted to bribery.

And then you have that even bigger joke of man Lowry singing his praises on this documentary.. who remarkably still has a job despite aiding and abetting Dodgy Denis. Will these chancers and charlatans ever F off?

I suppose we'll be treated to a documentary about that twat , crooked Bertie in the not too distant future.. isn't our public service broadcaster brillant.. these people have cost us millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Denis and rte went a few rounds a while back, so people are only assuming that this is going to be a jizz fest Denis worship. Something tells me it could be far from a glory show **** fest.

FGs owner must be one of the most hated men in Ireland all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

King Jong Un is more in touch with the common people of North Korea than the top brass at RTE are with the Irish public.

Denis and rte went a few rounds a while back, so people are only assuming that this is going to be a jizz fest Denis worship. Something tells me it could be far from a glory show **** fest.

FGs owner must be one of the most hated men in Ireland all the same.

I saw the trailer.. the fact they actually went to Lowry for his opinion on DOB already renders it farcical imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I saw the trailer.. the fact they actually went to Lowry for his opinion on DOB already renders it farcical imo.

Seriously?

This will be satirical television so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dobby will be watching this with his phone in his hand on to his lawyers in case they suggest he has grey hairs

Seriously?

This will be satirical television so. :D

Yep and Usain Bolt who used to run track with the lump. Haha not really, he is sponsored by Digicel...

Funny story about DOB.. he was suspended from school when he was 17 for nicking his mum's Renault and driving it onto the cricket field biut was allowed back due to his sporting prowess to participat in a rugby championship.. so he's always been part of the old boys club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Wonder what DOB's doing now, probably making paper aeroplanes out of €100 notes or something, can't think of a bigger waste of money than these tosspots having colossal amounts of the stuff that they couldn't spend in 20 lifetimes, wouldn't it be better employed elsewhere?

Just let them have £10m or so, even £50m, confiscate the rest for useful societal purposes and they can still live like kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I hope he washes his bottom before RTE spend an hour and a half kissing it.

Reminder this is on tonight at 2135 on RTE 1. Should be good, I'm sure DOB's lawyers will be on overtime, refreshing social media every second to make sure DOB's good name is not tarnished! Here's Bolt describing the great man in detail- http://www.thejournal.ie/usain-bolt-denis-obrien-2958875-Sep2016/
    The fastest man ever timed is now a lifetime Digicel ambassador and will be the chief speed officer. When asked what this means, he said, “It gets things done and gets things done fast and precise.”
    Oh my!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Our completely unbiased, politically neutral and hugely open-minded state broadcaster strikes again.

We really are getting great value from the licence fee. Sure it should be €500 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There must be some dreadful scandal coming up shortly

The boss would have not ordered this propaganda piece otherwise

A corrupt Tax criminal and an ex president pervert vouching for him on the promo

Please take a step back and think about this

It's frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There must be some dreadful scandal coming up shortly

The boss would have not ordered this propaganda piece otherwise

A corrupt Tax criminal and an ex president pervert vouching for him on the promo

Please take a step back and think about this

It's frightening

Yeh, who the fck would want the Belgrade Bomber having their back?

You’d wanna be desperate to have him or Lowly* vouching for you.

*Not an autocorrect.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Our completely unbiased, politically neutral and hugely open-minded state broadcaster strikes again.

We really are getting great value from the licence fee. Sure it should be €500 a year.

I don’t get this.

Prime time has constantly exposed corrupt politicians, homelessness etc.

They always give the government a hard time.

Conspiracy theory nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I met him once during the dot bomb days when he pumped a lot of money into the startup I was working for. Seemed decent enough at the time. He was rather she, but was very encouraging and complimentary to us young techies. I came away with a positive vibe about him. But boy, did he take a tank on that investment.

Advertisement