Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies do you know and should we let you know?

Options
  • 28-05-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭

As a regular commuter cyclist it is easy to spot the people who are trying out commuting by bicycle. Some have the latest gear or using other sports gear. Many women seem to use old leggings which makes sense I guess but there is a problem. Today I saw 4 women on my journey and I didnt know whether to say anything or not. Their legging are completely transparent when cycling. I don't mean a little visibility but colour, pattern and label. Ladies do you know or would you like some heads up? If they were people I knew I would let the know but telling a stranger seem dangerous.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you're asking the internet should you approach a woman and tell her her clothes are see-through?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

you're asking the internet should you approach a woman and tell her her clothes are see-through?
    I wonder is he just subtly putting it up here in the hopes that women will see this and realise that we can see their pink panties through their black yoga pants when cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

de7.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Not really just wondering are they aware. I suspect they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'd say roaring "I can see your knickers" as you roll on past ought to have the desired effect.

Try it and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Isn't that what Mr Tayto's for?

It's... Kind of a good question though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Saying ask Mr Tayto about your clothes might be neutral enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Have your phone play this as you cycle past... They might get the hint then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭saccades

I've always pondered about this, surely their other half/mate etc tells them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Most leggings are pretty see through whether cycling or Not, often just walking around. People don't seem to care about having their entire a$$ on show! More power to them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Should make this much more interesting!

http://www.skoda.ie/company/speeddating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Keep your mind on your driving
    Keep your hands on the wheel
    And keep your snoopy eyes on the road ahead
    We're having fun
    Cycling on the backstreets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Lads do you know that your boxers have slipped down and your hairy crack is on show? Should we tell you as we ride past?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lads do you know that your boxers have slipped down and your hairy crack is on show? Should we tell you as we ride past?

Incidents of half shorts should always be reported to the Gardai. I wouldn't risk tackling an offender directly, he might throw his toys out of the top tube bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Lumen wrote: »
    Incidents of half shorts should always be reported to the Gardai. I wouldn't risk tackling an offender directly, he might throw his toys out of the top tube bag.

2d34452b4a77a5e0c224e5539425cfbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭CPTM

Lumen wrote: »
    I'd say roaring "I can see your knickers" as you roll on past ought to have the desired effect.

Try it and report back.

But imagine you get stuck at the next set of traffic lights with her, making awkward conversation. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

The worst case for both genders is see-through cycling gear. There's no escape then. #burnitwithfire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The worst case for both genders is see-through cycling gear. There's no escape then. #burnitwithfire

I was going to say, its not a female only issue, seen plenty of men's cracks with see thru bib shorts while racing, not a pretty sight! #burnitwithfire indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    As a regular commuter cyclist it is easy to spot the people who are trying out commuting by bicycle. Some have the latest gear or using other sports gear. Many women seem to use old leggings which makes sense I guess but there is a problem. Today I saw 4 women on my journey and I didnt know whether to say anything or not. Their legging are completely transparent when cycling. I don't mean a little visibility but colour, pattern and label. Ladies do you know or would you like some heads up? If they were people I knew I would let the know but telling a stranger seem dangerous.
    "No. Do not tell them"

- The Lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Should we tell you as we ride past?

I wouldn't mind, if in a nice way :)

[not that it ever happens!!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've seen some awfully traumatic things in my many years of commuting. See-through leggings fall squarely in the "don't care, if they are not embarrassed by it then why should I be?" end of the scale, exposed hairy male arse with sweat glistening on the individual hairs falls squarely in the "Make it stop! I'm. Never. Leaving. The. House. Again. EVER!" end of the scale.

My trauma scale was well defined. It had rules. More importantly it had limits. Until recently.

I found myself behind a guy wearing bib shorts, runners, and a t-shirt. Which is fine, it falls within the scale, mildly traumatic but bearable. Until I realised the bib of the shorts was hanging down at the back. HANGING. DOWN. Worse, it had a stain pattern on it that suggested it was well used to road spray hitting it. This was not a once off, this guy was a serial bib dangling offender.

Words. They are not adequate...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

1) I'd suggest keeping stump. The possible repercussions are scary.
    2) I Think these issues are rare but as already mentioned the male crack half out is a barbaric event leaving me somewhere between disgust and bewildered that they must know it is on view? I believe we should be allowed to use these cracks to dispose of things. The odd cigarette butt or coke can down there might teach them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Reads thread.

Hmmm.

Tries on favourite running tights/leggings.

Bins them.

Really funny thread and responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

I've been guilty of wearing 'nearly' worn out bib shorts to a Race. I would have got away with it but then it rained :D Luckily I was off the back pretty quick so nobody had to stare into the abyss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I had an epic wardrobe malfunction last week. Epic.

I wear regular clothes while commuting. I was wearing a dress with buttons up the front. You can see where this is going....

Got home, hopped off the bike, looked down and the (thankfully bra clad!) girls were on display, the buttons having popped open. For how long they had been on display I do not know.

Still recovering and said dress had been consigned to the 'do not wear when cycling' pile!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

daragh_ wrote: »
    I've been guilty of wearing 'nearly' worn out bib shorts to a Race.

Trouble is they never look see through in the drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭plodder

Vel wrote: »

I wear regular clothes while commuting. I was wearing a dress with buttons up the front. You can see where this is going....

Got home, hopped off the bike, looked down and the (thankfully bra clad!) girls were on display, the buttons having popped open. For how long they had been on display I do not know.

Still recovering and said dress had been consigned to the 'do not wear when cycling' pile!
    Call AA Roadwatch. They can probably trace the sequence of traffic collisions that happened along your route, from the point of occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Vel wrote: »

Sure t'was hot. Perfectly reasonable choice to keep you cool while pedalling...

Advertisement