Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 - 5300Mah, 6.4"Phablet - 199 eur delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

tedpan wrote: »
    It's almost a 6.5" screen, feels almost light but solid at the same time.

PC290158.jpg

And very slippery when new, gutted to say the least.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Cocoon wrote:
    And very slippery when new, gutted to say the least.

Jesus :( what happened?

Replacement LCD and digitizers seem to be around 20 pounds on eBay

Replacement LCD and digitizers seem to be around 20 pounds on eBay

The LCD and digitizer are still fine so I ordered new digitizer and glass from Aliexpress, not sure I can fit it myself but might give it a shot. Any recommendations for glass repair in Dublin? It fell from about 2 foot onto a tile floor, unlucky I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Cocoon wrote: »
    The LCD and digitizer are still fine so I ordered new digitizer and glass from Aliexpress, not sure I can fit it myself but might give it a shot. Any recommendations for glass repair in Dublin? It fell from about 2 foot onto a tile floor, unlucky I guess.

Very unlucky. I dropped it twice from about waist shoulder height on concrete and had no cracks. Dropped on the corner rather than the face though.

Totally agree it's slipy without a cover. I'd recommend anyone who's buying to get a case and a screen cover at the same time as ordering the phone due to the length of time these things take to arrive.

• Advertisement

Cocoon wrote:

Usually when replacing screens you're best buying the digitizer and LCD as one unit. It's very easy to damage the LCD while separating the old one on most phones. People who sell digitizer glass on their own are usually conmen

Usually when replacing screens you're best buying the digitizer and LCD as one unit. It's very easy to damage the LCD while separating the old one on most phones. People who sell digitizer glass on their own are usually conmen

I see the LCD units for sale on Aliexpress, I'll buy one of them too and try get this baby fixed it would be a shame to throw it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

N.96 wrote: »
    Update from my GeekBuying purchase (paid extra for DHL shipping so it'd be 'faster'): 10 days later and mine has just been shipped (yesterday), tracking says it's in Hong Kong.

Got caught for customs.

Still hasn't left Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Folks what's the best option to get this without waiting weeks? Obviously don't want to be ripped off but at the same time, won't mind spending a bit over the usual price.

Folks what's the best option to get this without waiting weeks? Obviously don't want to be ripped off but at the same time, won't mind spending a bit over the usual price.

Adverts for around 250 euro ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

N.96 wrote:
    Got caught for customs.

How if it didn't leave?

mono_mac wrote: »
    N.96 wrote:
    Got caught for customs.

How if it didn't leave?

I was wondering the same thing. The tracking may be out I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Honourbuy based in Europe. Youll pay a premium but a friend got theirs in two days

Honourbuy based in Europe. Youll pay a premium but a friend got theirs in two days

Has anyone got experience with eglobalcentral.eu? Seems like a decent price on there.

Has anyone got experience with eglobalcentral.eu? Seems like a decent price on there.

They're decent, with quality products, include the duty too so nothing additional to pay. Their support is very slow though and delivery tracking is poor. Just set yourself 2-3 weeks and you'll have it. Never had an issue with them myself.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They're decent, with quality products, include the duty too so nothing additional to pay. Their support is very slow though and delivery tracking is poor. Just set yourself 2-3 weeks and you'll have it. Never had an issue with them myself.

Similar experience here. Got the phone without issue, took 2.5 weeks but communication was crap, and the tracking info was way off. The postman had delivered it and the tracking continued on for 3 days saying it was moving from depot to depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Anyone find a decent case cover for the mi max 2 by any chance?

kevovek wrote: »
    Anyone find a decent case cover for the mi max 2 by any chance?

Depends what you're looking for i.e are you looking for protection, a wallet type one, style etc.?

If it's mainly good protection you need take a look at this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073S6HVDM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_43?ie=UTF8&smid=A2CPXYRQPBEVMS&th=1
    I've had this cover for 2 other phones and just ordered for the Mi Max 2.

I'm prone to dropping my phone a lot and it's worked well for me with the other phones and the stand is handy too. Note that it's not the slimmest case you can get but it's not hugely bulky either. You can also buy on eBay and AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Whooohooo it says my parcel is at hub4 hinckley and on its way to our athlone depot, does this mean I avoided customs, and when yous think I will have? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Depends what you're looking for i.e are you looking for protection, a wallet type one, style etc.?

If it's mainly good protection you need take a look at this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073S6HVDM/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_43?ie=UTF8&smid=A2CPXYRQPBEVMS&th=1
    I've had this cover for 2 other phones and just ordered for the Mi Max 2.

I'm prone to dropping my phone a lot and it's worked well for me with the other phones and the stand is handy too. Note that it's not the slimmest case you can get but it's not hugely bulky either. You can also buy on eBay and AliExpress.
    I have this since I got my mi max 2 last July. Great case and the stand is really handy

• Advertisement

So I've finally gone ahead and ordered this. I am just curious if there are any cases similar to otterbox for these?

So I've finally gone ahead and ordered this. I am just curious if there are any cases similar to otterbox for these?
    I have this since July. Hasn't let me down

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073NMGY5F/ref=mp_s_a_1_87?ie=UTF8&qid=1517354684&sr=8-87&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=xiaomi+mi+max+2+case

Lads I've had a few red cases and the colour makes every pic I take come out red.
    Has anyone had a similar problem

OK, one more question. Has anybody got this working with a smart watch? Thinking about buying one in the next few weeks but want to make sure it is compatible with the phone.

Right so I've had the Mi Max 2 since January and all is well... Except for the fact I get no data anywhere AT All.

I live pretty near to the city as well and spend most of my time in well serviced areas but I get absolutely nothing in the line of data/ 3G.

Can anyone help? Is there anyway to improve it?

I'm with 48 (the student network, owned by O2 originally I believe and now 3).

After May I'll have to have data for work I'll be starting so really hoping I don't have to change phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Right so I've had the Mi Max 2 since January and all is well... Except for the fact I get no data anywhere AT All.

I live pretty near to the city as well and spend most of my time in well serviced areas but I get absolutely nothing in the line of data/ 3G.

After May I'll have to have data for work I'll be starting so really hoping I don't have to change phone...

My Wife has a Mi Max 2 on 48 and no problem with data connection,its not always the fastest but its there,that said she doesn't like the phone as its too big for her.

Put your SIM in another (unlocked) phone. That will tell you if it is the phone or the quality of the network.

Put your SIM in another (unlocked) phone. That will tell you if it is the phone or the quality of the network.

Yep, also check all of data settings are there. Did you manually input 48's APN settings and is data switched on?

Yep, also check all of data settings are there. Did you manually input 48's APN settings and is data switched on?

Good point - that's most likely the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK "Data Roaming" needs to be on for 48 data to work (similar to Tesco & Lyca).

Advertisement