Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,418 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Deadpool 2 will be released on June 1, 2018

joshbrolinCable's coming, growing from the inside. Clean building from a past of donut travel to the present hard case that he is. No sugar. No bread. No pastas. The machine is being built. I'm pissed off. 😳 #cable #deadpool #ryanreynoldsismybitch #cleangrowth @justindlovato @iambuilt #fourweeksin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUA26B6hvFY/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

All the Mexican supplements;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Grace on the photos... some highlights:
    - Reminder that Cable is always fighting off the techno-organic virus with his telekenesis
    - Teddy link to (adopted) Hope Summers
    - Maybe a trailer due with New York Comic Con in Oct.
    - More...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Why do people keep linking this Grace person?

Why do people keep linking this Grace person?

I haven't seen others except me linking Grace. She covers a lot of comic related news though and that helps keep me up to date.

I appreciate her content given that she worked for Marvel, made her own comics while with Marvel, has education and knowledge on the film business, gets to screenings in advance (DC invited her to a bunch of stuff including Games and WW) and gives news on them.

What's better? (better I'm asking for ... not what are anyones problems with Grace)

I've seen people link her on Twitter recently too. Fair enough for the movies she gets to see early but the reaction videos to random images etc from her and other youtubers is just lame. It's like Kevin Smith (who I quite like); if that guy even smells some news, there's a podcast....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've seen people link her on Twitter recently too. Fair enough for the movies she gets to see early but the reaction videos to random images etc from her and other youtubers is just lame. It's like Kevin Smith (who I quite like); if that guy even smells some news, there's a podcast....

It's what I like to call the content pyramid.

There's way more casually interested people in any hobby than there are people invested. In order to make mass appeal content you have to make it in such a way that annoys people who are more invested (for us shes' just repeating stuff we already know with nothing really to add, so it's annoying).

Every level you move up in knowledge in the domain (comics) there are fewer people so content has to a) be created better and b) be rarer because truly interesting news happens less. This means the more "high brow" the content, the harder it is to make and the less people there are to watch as the numbers dwindle towards the top of the pyramid.

She's clearly an influencer with the casual market so the various companies are right to send her to fan events etc, it's free publicity. What did she do exactly in Marvel?

Anyway my main criticism of her videos would actually be the quality of the filming, someone should at bare minimum get her a logitech c920 and a blue yeti mike as they're the YouTube standard of the day :)

• Advertisement

^^Good points! I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Also, I think I just inherently hate anyone who describes themselves as an "influencer" or a "YouTuber"....

^^Good points! I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Also, I think I just inherently hate anyone who describes themselves as an "influencer" or a "YouTuber"....

I have... some experience in this arena.

I guess I better make a video about this Switch Nintendo just sent me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bumping this as the first poster for the film has been released.

deadpool-2-thanksgiving-1053591.jpg

Good to see Colossus & Sinead O'Connor back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Slydice wrote: »
    fixed:

Thanks, Was working fine on touch site. I must have messed up the url somehow. Fixed original post anyway

Official description
    After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,299 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,521 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the reshoots for a cameo
    Wolverine?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Holy sh*t, a shot of Rob Delaney at 1.36. Man I hope he's in the movie, he'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,299 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Penn wrote: »
    Holy sh*t, a shot of Rob Delaney at 1.36. Man I hope he's in the movie, he'd be great.

He is. He's behind Bill Skasgaård with a moustache!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So Cable is the villain. Had that been confirmed? I was still unsure whether they would be teaming up or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    So Cable is the villain. Had that been confirmed? I was still unsure whether they would be teaming up or not.

Bait and switch, I reckon. Have Cable be the villain at the start until something else happens and they all have to team up to stop it.

There is no way Cable is the villain, Cable and Deadpool are one of the most beloved partnerships in Marvel, and Cable has a huge association with X-Force.

I reckon we'll get a Martha joke before they decide to work together though!

Read somewhere that THERE will be jokes regarding Josh Brolin's other role in THAT film that comes out later next month..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Read somewhere that THERE will be jokes regarding Josh Brolin's other role in THAT film that comes out later next month..

For Reynolds to not make a joke about it would be a conflict with no end :)

Slydice wrote: »
    For Reynolds to not make a joke about it would be a conflict with no end :)

Could say it'd be an Infinite conflict :pac:

I'll fetch my coat....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement