Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokémon Go - Gen II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭phog

If there are any posters here who live or have reason to pass through Kinnerty it might be worth their while taking the gyms there. I got gold in both from one visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

phog wrote: »
    If there are any posters here who live or have reason to pass through Kinnerty it might be worth their while taking the gyms there. I got gold in both from one visit.

No idea where that is.... But I know a few places like that.... One in fact, one visit, got Gold 18+days later and got kicked out about 2hrs later, perfect timing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Saying here that lugia "should" be easier to catch, any extra % would be welcome..

https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-news/lugia-returns-to-pokemon-go/

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Jfrost

syboit wrote: »
    Saying here that lugia "should" be easier to catch, any extra % would be welcome..

https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-news/lugia-returns-to-pokemon-go/

We will know tomorrow, as usual the gyms will be closed here at release time.... Talk of Shiny, guy slagged me in my local group when I posted my previous Lugia collection and said (tongue in cheek) that I wasn't interested, that they would have to have it Shiny for folks like me..... 2 hours later Trainertips said the same

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Will be interesting to see what team sizes are required this time around , i recall min of 10 required last time around , and know of 2 raids with 11 that failed , but now most people are at higher levels with better counters too.
    Only caught one last time around (1/4) and 78%IV so happpy enough to add to that , Im a bit on the fence on how useful Lugia is in game/raids , lower DPS but great bulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Rooy wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what team sizes are required this time around , i recall min of 10 required last time around , and know of 2 raids with 11 that failed , but now most people are at higher levels with better counters too.
    Only caught one last time around (1/4) and 78%IV so happpy enough to add to that , Im a bit on the fence on how useful Lugia is in game/raids , lower DPS but great bulk.

I'm level 36 with some decent counters, according to Poke Battler it could be done with 5 people with similar pokemon. For comparison it said 3 for Rayquaza. So I expect probably we will actually need ~7 most of the time for Lugia as not everyone in our local group uses the most optimum pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I think it's technically 3 persons minimum (but that's with perfect network connection and perfect shadowclaw gengars :p ) - so realistically it's 7 for safety - that's with raikous/zapdos etc.

Ttars will be great too obviously. As are golems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And I got one, first raid! Weather boosted too.

Shineys are 100% catch rate btw

And I got one, first raid! Weather boosted too.

Shineys are 100% catch rate btw

nice, how many trainers to take it down ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

13, and we had over a minute and a half left. Felt easier than last summer anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nice will try and get out for some raiding tomorrow so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Got it handy enough with 7 this morning (weather boosted), could definitely do it with 6.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Beat Lugia with 7 earlier, but two were fairly low level with not very good counters so it would be easy enough to beat with smaller numbers but better levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Got myself a shiny Lugia this morning, someone else from our group got a 100% IV, Weather boosted, shiny Lugia :o

0/5 myself on Lugia today - don’t mind too much, it’s the shiny I really want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

AMGer wrote: »

That's unlike you. How come the low catch-rate? I heard Lugia is meant to be easier to catch too but that's not looking likely from people's results... :(

I haven't had a chance to make any Lugia raids yet but I'm hoping I have luck on my side to catch the bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Went 0/4 myself , painful , over 40 balls in total , nearly all Great Curve ,and popped out every time.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    That's unlike you. How come the low catch-rate? I heard Lugia is meant to be easier to catch too but that's not looking likely from people's results... :(

I haven't had a chance to make any Lugia raids yet but I'm hoping I have luck on my side to catch the bloody thing!

No idea - only difference is that the locking circle technique doesn’t work for Lugia, had a lot of great and excellent throws but no joy. Like I said though, it’s the shiny I want, as long as I get one I’m not too bothered about regular Lugia.

No idea - only difference is that the locking circle technique doesn’t work for Lugia, had a lot of great and excellent throws but no joy. Like I said though, it’s the shiny I want, as long as I get one I’m not too bothered about regular Lugia.

Hopefully you manage to catch the shiny bugger! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hopefully you manage to catch the shiny bugger! ;)
    It seems that shiny Lugia is close to auto catch.

Tenger wrote: »
    It seems that shiny Lugia is close to auto catch.

Yeah, I read that too. Only thing is, how lucky do you have to be to actually get the chance to see one? If it's anything like the normal shiny odds, I don't fancy my chances if I need to attend hundreds of raids! :D

Apparently it’s like a 1 in 20 chance for shiny Lugia

That's the kind of news I like to hear ;)

Might be a day or two before I get out to try a raids!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ok, two raid related question as to date I've only duoed/soloed 1s and 2s. First of all does the raid boss attack all pokemons or only one of them in a multi person raid? Because in some duos I feel I was the only one attacked forcing me to constantly dodge and lowering my DPS by comparison. Secondly currently at 31 when does it make sense to start joining level 5 raids? I don't want to be a risk or drag the raiding team down but at 31 I don't exactly feel like my 'mons (usually 80 to 90%) would add much either; currently thinking waiting until about 35 or so before starting them (I know that's a ton of exp away from 31).

Nody wrote: »
    Ok, two raid related question as to date I've only duoed/soloed 1s and 2s. First of all does the raid boss attack all pokemons or only one of them in a multi person raid? Because in some duos I feel I was the only one attacked forcing me to constantly dodge and lowering my DPS by comparison. Secondly currently at 31 when does it make sense to start joining level 5 raids? I don't want to be a risk or drag the raiding team down but at 31 I don't exactly feel like my 'mons (usually 80 to 90%) would add much either; currently thinking waiting until about 35 or so before starting them (I know that's a ton of exp away from 31).

To answer your questions.

1. The raid boss attacks all players at the same time.
    2. Raid now! The XP gained will help you get to an even higher level quicker.

To answer your questions.

1. The raid boss attacks all players at the same time.
    2. Raid now! The XP gained will help you get to an even higher level quicker.

100% agree.
    No point waiting. Lower level is only an issue if there are 4-5 ppl there. With 10-15 in a group you could still beat it if all are level 28.

Nody wrote: »

Just like others have said, just get in. When groups are large you'll be flying it.

Definetly target machamp raids, i find a good team of fightning mons to most useful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Took a good 20 raids, but I finally got a shiny Lugia :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement