Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamewek 28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Pogbout Walcout Wilson out

Hmmm Wild Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

gammygils wrote: »

Hmmm Wild Card?

Although I’d keep 5 attacker’s I still think I’ll WC because most of them are not differentials anyway

Salah Kane Aguero Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

gammygils wrote: »

Hmmm Wild Card?

I'd be tempted to drop Pogba if I had him because of the erratic game time but wouldn't be thinking a hit for the other two never mind wildcard pondering. They've both a decent fixture next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I haven't been paying any attention to the cup games and possible blanks, So looking to see what is my best transfer for next GW. I have 1 FT and 4.2m in the bank.

Adrian, Elliot
    Rudiger, Dunk, Simpson, Francis, Yoshida
    Sterling, Salah, Walcott, McArthur, Lingard
    Aguero, Kane, Wilson

Those in bold need to go, though I think some are more of a priority than others, ala Lingard and Yoshida. Is it after this weekend that we have a better idea of blanks and DGW's?

I'm thinking possibly KdB, Firmino, or Arnie/Shaq

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I haven't been paying any attention to the cup games and possible blanks, So looking to see what is my best transfer for next GW. I have 1 FT and 4.2m in the bank.

Adrian, Elliot
    Rudiger, Dunk, Simpson, Francis, Yoshida
    Sterling, Salah, Walcott, McArthur, Lingard
    Aguero, Kane, Wilson

Those in bold need to go, though I think some are more of a priority than others, ala Lingard and Yoshida. Is it after this weekend that we have a better idea of blanks and DGW's?

I'm thinking possibly KdB, Firmino, or Arnie/Shaq
    I really don't think Wilson needs to go. He is 6 million. He has a ppg of 4.4 niasse and gross are the only two attacking players with a higher ppg than him. He is going to be inconsistent as he doesn't play for a top 6 team . Best attacking option for his price IMO. I'd only sell if going top heavy in strike force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Ill be spending the next fortnight courting every goalkeeper in the league that isn't Jordan Pickford.

1st up.

Against my better judgement I'll be wining and dining Karius for Valentine's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If you were to pick any player to triple captain next gw who would it be? Thinking Salah myself

Experiment over. Mane to Salah is the easiest decision I’ll make all season.

Want to get VVD in too and would love to sell Daniels. No fcuking idea why I brought him in 3 weeks ago. The prospect of him playing in 28 swayed me I think.

Might finally lose Ederson for the GWs until a likely WC in GW32. One who plays in GW31 preferably so waiting for cup games.

Maxed out on Liverpool so strangely I'm drawn towards Pickford....

dsmythy wrote: »

Maxed out on Liverpool so strangely I'm drawn towards Pickford....

Don't do it to yourself!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2 weeks ago I went for Sanchez and Wilson instead of Aguero and Milijvojevic

Is it too late to correct that mistake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Lookin at VVD for pool's next two fixtures against otamendi and feels like the right decision. Would loose a good amount of team value. Pool also have a guaranteed gw31 i guess. If i sell otamendi now ill get 6 and could easily get him back for 6.3/4 by gw32.would give me funds to upgrade walcott/Mkhi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,436 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sanket wrote: »
    Lookin at VVD for pool's next two fixtures against otamendi and feels like the right decision. Would loose a good amount of team value. Pool also have a guaranteed gw31 i guess. If i sell otamendi now ill get 6 and could easily get him back for 6.3/4 by gw32.would give me funds to upgrade walcott/Mkhi

I won't be getting Otamendi back in after I sell. City are leaking a goal a game as it is so how many are they likely to concede when rotation kicks in and they have the league pretty much sown up already. VVD is the better short and long term pick now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I wouldn't be planning on getting Otamendi back if you sell him. They could have the league won by the end of March and focus could be totally on the CL at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm very likely going to make this move, but as has been pointed out, buying him back is probably not wise. I love Otamendi, he's been an absolute trooper for me, got him at 5.5 early on and he's been brilliant, but there's a strong argument to let him go now.

The first one, as you point out, is that he's an enabler for VVD who has great fixtures now leading into BGW 31. City will almost certainly blank in GW31 and the fixtures leading up to that will likely not produce a lot of cleanies.

Then after this point you're hitting a point of the season where City essentially have the league won, but have big fixtures in the CL and FA Cup. Otamendi has barely had a rest all season due to Stones / Kompany injuries and Pep not trusting Mangala. You now have Laporte signed and more options in CB. Pep has not had the luxury to rotate here, but he will post-GW 30 or so now that he has the options to do so and the league is decided.

Otamendi has been superb, his ability on the ball to make passes between the lines is central to City's dominant possession play and I believe Pep views him as his number 1 defender. I therefore think that you will see him used in the big CL games, and in the lesser PL games other options may be used.

So for those reasons it's with a heavy heart that I almost certainly bid adieu to the Otter for the season this week. He's done a superb job but there seems very little reason to keep him at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Pretty sure I'll also drop Otamendi this GW, mainly to free up funds for Wilson-> Firmino. I have just enough for:
    Ota->Dummett
    Son->Arnie
    Wilson->Firmino

Would give me a front 3 of Kane/Kun/Firmino. I haven't checked this statistically but it feels like the top clubs were keeping a LOT more clean sheets in the first half of the season. For the rest of the season I think i'll be going for cheaper options in defence and trying to get as many big hitters in midfield and attack. Rotation is a worry obviously but as long as everyone's playing I won't mind if Ibe or Milo or whoever sub in.

Think I have something in my eye. I never owned Otamendi but he seems like he was a really nice fella to own :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

dsmythy wrote: »
    Think I have something in my eye. I never owned Otamendi but he seems like he was a really nice fella to own :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

What's the thoughts on Mahrez? Will he regain that form?

Need a MF under 8.7m as a Firmino makeweight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How is Ben Davies fixed at Spurs? Is he likely to be rotated with fixtures starting to pile up again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

dahat wrote: »
    How is Ben Davies fixed at Spurs? Is he likely to be rotated with fixtures starting to pile up again?

He's the most popular signing this week so far, so looks like there are a good number betting on him keeping his place. Sold him only because of rotation myself previously and would have been better holding on to him because he has got more points than the replacement I brought in. He's out of my budget for this week and thinking myself of swapping Jones to Trippier. Does anyone know if Aurier is likely to be coming back in? Also considering getting in Naughton or Fernandez from Swansea? Any advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Alonso out, VVD in, Lingard out, anyone else in, him and Maherz in a couple of weeks ago were easily my worst transfers this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

dahat wrote: »

There’s always a massive danger with both Bavies and Trippier. When they start to look nailed on the rotation begins.

Have 2 Fts
    Looking like
    Pickford
    Lingard
    Alonso
    Out for -4

In: who knows

With Chelsea having Utd and Chelsea in next 2 and his price likely to drop. Then buy him back on WC depending on their doubles.

I might go down to a defender at 4.5 or less and then upgrade Lingard to a nailed on premium MF.

Have a bad feeling I'm going to end up being left with Pickford for another week. To avoid the -4.
    And if I do I'll probably keep him until the gw31 blanks.
    I really do not want to own him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alonso out, VVD in as Davies is risky.

Possible move to Aguero lined up but that involves a total - 8 whereas I could do Sanchez to KDB saving a - 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

What's the thoughts on Mahrez? Will he regain that form?

Need a MF under 8.7m as a Firmino makeweight

Arnautovic

Mahrez a risk, until he gains favour

A) Alonso and J Ayew to Mariappa and Kane for -4
    or
    B) Alonso, Lingard and J Ayew to a 5.5m Def, Milivojevic and Kane for -8

Option A probably needs to be done tonight (no wiggle room on price) while option B can wait a few days.

Have the WC as backup if I take an early hit and things go wrong.

Postives of Option A = only a 4pt hit, Mariappa plays GW 31
    Negatives of option A= leaves a budget defence and useless Lingard losing value

Positives of Option B= a decent defender in place of Alonso and the simplicity of rotating Allen and Mili week on week (Other attackers being Salah, Sterling, Walcott, Aguero, Kane, Firmino). Good chance of Mili playing in GW31
    Negatives of option B: losing 4 extra points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

A) Alonso and J Ayew to Mariappa and Kane for -4
    or
    B) Alonso, Lingard and J Ayew to a 5.5m Def, Milivojevic and Kane for -8

Option A probably needs to be done tonight (no wiggle room on price) while option B can wait a few days.

Have the WC as backup if I take an early hit and things go wrong.

Postives of Option A = only a 4pt hit, Mariappa plays GW 31
    Negatives of option A= leaves a budget defence and useless Lingard losing value

Positives of Option B= a decent defender in place of Alonso and the simplicity of rotating Allen and Mili week on week (Other attackers being Salah, Sterling, Walcott, Aguero, Kane, Firmino). Good chance of Mili playing in GW31
    Negatives of option B: losing 4 extra points

Option B
    4 pts more is small change.

Invincible wrote: »
    Option B
    4 pts more is small change.

And despite what I said just 3 posts above, I'll probably bring in Trippier as my Alonso replacement.
    Can't resist Trippier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Thinking Pogba out for a cheapy, and then getting Vardy in for Quaner. Leicester have some tidy fixtures coming up

Advertisement