Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jjjjryan

Hi,

Just wondering what is the best way to buy ripple and store it. Reading reviews on different platforms like Bitstamp, coinbase can be very off putting.

Has anyone successfully bought and sold Ripple and deposited back into Euros in an Irish Bank.

Thanks
    New to this
    Post edited by Nody on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cjpmckenna

jjjjryan wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering what is the best way to buy ripple and store it. Reading reviews on different platforms like Bitstamp, coinbase can be very off putting.

Has anyone successfully bought and sold Ripple and deposited back into Euros in an Irish Bank.

Thanks
    New to this

Well

Did you buy any ripple, kind of wondering about the best way to buy to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

cjpmckenna wrote: »
    Well

Did you buy any ripple, kind of wondering about the best way to buy to?

It's available to purchase on the Kraken platform.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Have bought xrp on poloniex via bitcoin. Used coin base as my bitcoin wallet so can hook that to my bank if needed. So if cashing out would convert to bitcoin and then to cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Have bought xrp on poloniex via bitcoin. Used coin base as my bitcoin wallet so can hook that to my bank if needed. So if cashing out would convert to bitcoin and then to cash.

is it better to use bitcoin to purchase the other altcoins, rather than normal money?

• Advertisement

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    is it better to use bitcoin to purchase the other altcoins, rather than normal money?

Not necessarily, I just found it a lot more accessible when using bitcoin. I would argue it's cheaper to do, as most direct cash to. Altcoin providers will fleece you, e.g changelly, you also don't have to worry about setting up a wallet either on exchanges if you're only considering keeping it there anyway

(I'm not saying coin base wouldn't fleece you either for btc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I've setup a bitstamp account, just waiting for verification and then I'm going transfer a few hundred in and jump on board the crypto rollercoaster, seems like a good time to buy ripple.

Just had a big dip and there should be some action in October either way. Plus they're still in the pennies so the upshot is massive.

Hopefully the next bitcoin!:)

I find it's very space on news sometimes so I would recommend tuning into the reddit and on the twitter for info. Best of luck with the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

Hey folks.
    New to cryptocurrency...was looking to invest in some ripple...kraken seems the most straightforward! If I have a hard wallet like a nano ledger or something can I then take from kraken and store on this? If say in 5 years I was happy with profits if any how does one cash it in. Sorry for the basic questions.
    Just another quick thing, is it true that every year whether u make profit or not in Ireland on cryptocurrency u have to do Capital gains tax returns to revenue..? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Have you done any research whatsoever in Ripple? It could be very useful at some point however it is not in any way similar to Bitcoin and the upside is certainly alot more limited as there is no limit to how many units can be generated. I'm keeping an eye on it myself - if big banking embraces it it has a good chance of doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

If you like the idea of cyptocurrency and want to invest in it but aren't confident enough to invest in one specific crypto, I'd highly recommend BLX or indeed any index fund from Iconomi.net

Some time next year you'll be able to deposit / withdraw in to fiat directly from the platform and they'll also have a listed fund on the Irish stock exchange shortly through a sister company called Columbus Capital.

It's less risky than buying one specific crypto and therefore the gains may not be as big but it's a great way to bet on crypto as a whole and BLX has even outperformed Bitcoin's recent rally: https://medium.com/@owenoneill/iconomis-flagship-fund-blx-reaches-a-staggering-47-41-monthly-return-2012f14e1a76

I recommended it with a straight face here back in August and got laughed out of it: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104266963&postcount=9. Don't buy it because I recommend it, but it's worth doing your homework on index funds and all assets within any of Iconomi's offerings. I'd find it very difficult to beat the peace of mind they offer over time. Crypto is risky enough without having all of your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Cryptonovice

Thanks alot. I was looking at stocks lately and all the top guys recommend index funds as a long term investment...will look into that..thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had some (about 1,000). Bought at 14 and sold at 19cent in the great kraken sell off, so made a little profit.

I do think it will do good and deliver a decent return. But i don't see it ever becoming "a next bitcoin".

Have been meaning to buy it back on Bittrex but the recent spike to 25 means i'm just waiting right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I had some (about 1,000). Bought at 14 and sold at 19cent in the great kraken sell off, so made a little profit.

I do think it will do good and deliver a decent return. But i don't see it ever becoming "a next bitcoin".

Have been meaning to buy it back on Bittrex but the recent spike to 25 means i'm just waiting right now.

have about 3,000 of these myself, bought in at about 20 cent so I'm up 25% currently. Would probably sell if they ever reach something like 50cent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm holding some of this too.
    Bought it as a longshot but the trickle of announcements from the team regarding adoption by some financial institutions has kept my interest piqued in this coin.
    It does have a huge amount of coin in circulation and this may to my mind lead to its actually being more utilised for transactional purposes.

The main big coins are all being HODL'd and while there is a much tighter supply of ETH and BTC etc. it is hard to see how given their current rise in prices and volatility that they can be used as anything other than speculative stores of value.
    Anyone holding the main coins at the moment is not going to be inclined to use them for payments or for disrupting normal payment practices as originally envisaged.
    Whereas ripple does seem to be gaining some support for transactional use at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I'm hearing there is an announcement being made next month which could potentially impact ripples value drastically, Is this true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Whether it's true or not, I don't know ....

But what I do know is that posting comments like that are sometimes used to help push the price up...hopefully in this instance, what you've heard will prove true :)

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Up 7% since splashuums comment. I don't suppose you'd like to say something similar about OMG or ARK? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse Retweets Link Indicating XRP Will Rise to $2 by 2018

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse

Just seen this on Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Finally some activity. Hopefully next week's news is positive or will it just be a false dawn in anticipation of the news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 gazza87a

Hey.. i was interested in Ripple also.. Just curious what platforms are you using to buy?

Bitstamp.net

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Kraken

millhouse wrote: »
    Bitstamp.net
    splashuum wrote: »
    Kraken

I've seen bad reviews on these - any issues when you request to take your money out?

None so far. Using bitstamp since September. Have had transactions in and out without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

gazza87a wrote: »
    Hey.. i was interested in Ripple also.. Just curious what platforms are you using to buy?

Bitfiniex,

Have about 500 myself, will leave it there and see what happens, don't expect much, but you never know.

anyone used avatrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Has anyone here tried to send ripple on their Ledger Nano S.

I have been trying to send some from my Ledger to another wallet.

I have sent 500 ripple with a very small charge but if I try to empty my Ledger of ripple, only another 60 ripple, it wants to charge me 20 ripple for the service.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have written to Ledger support but I don't expect a reply from a real person for some time.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

garrettod wrote: »
    Whether it's true or not, I don't know ....

But what I do know is that posting comments like that are sometimes used to help push the price up...hopefully in this instance, what you've heard will prove true :)

I seriously doubt that commenting on an obscure Irish discussion forum would be enough to move markets. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

maximus02 wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried to send ripple on their Ledger Nano S.

I have been trying to send some from my Ledger to another wallet.

I have sent 500 ripple with a very small charge but if I try to empty my Ledger of ripple, only another 60 ripple, it wants to charge me 20 ripple for the service.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have written to Ledger support but I don't expect a reply from a real person for some time.

TIA

a while back i sent 100k ripple from my ledger, it's not charging you 20, it's something weird, you must retain 20 ripple or something, anyway, i transferred and when i go in today i have a balance of 20 ripple, i can't quite remember

Advertisement