Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Litecoin Thread

Options
  • 13-10-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Who here is holding some Litecoin?

What are your expectations, hopes and fears for the future?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm expecting it to oscillate between 49 and 43 for the foreseeable future, like it has done for the last few weeks.
    I'm hoping it goes back to its ATH value and on to the moon.
    I fear it going back to 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

This is the Litecoin chart for the past 30 days (against BTC).
    Depressing !
    Tbh, I can't see Litecoin going anywhere anytime soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

This is the Litecoin chart for the past 30 days (against BTC).
    Depressing !
    Tbh, I can't see Litecoin going anywhere anytime soon.

That's still nearly $60 a coin. A big risk at that price. I'd sit and wait, if it drops closer to $30-40 a coin it might be worth a risk. You would need to throw a decent few grand at that to make it worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Chinese market volume in LTC grew 50% in the last days. Yesterday was the first time since the China ban that the Chinese OKCoin traded LTC at USD 1 higher than the world average. At the beginning of the China fud it was USD 6 below, the weeks after it was USD 5 below, during the last days it was USD 2 below. Quite interesting development. Their market volume dropped from 50% before the China ban to almost 6%. During the last days it has risen to now 15% again. I think they're already starting to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

With all the movement in BTC and BTH, LTC hasn't got much of a pop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've just moved my BTC to LTC. LTC has much more predictable movements than BTC, which means it's better for taking advantage of small movements (€2.50 to €5) to make a small profit. I hated having to watch BTC swoop up and dive down. LTC is much more pleasant.

It's also got all the technical things BTC doesn't, like SegWit2x and a few others. It's a good contender for the long term.

Yes, I'm essentially trading, buying a few and selling them off a few hours/days later, but it's not heart attack island like Bitcoin.

I've just moved my BTC to LTC. LTC has much more predictable movements than BTC, which means it's better for taking advantage of small movements (€2.50 to €5) to make a small profit. I hated having to watch BTC swoop up and dive down. LTC is much more pleasant.

It's also got all the technical things BTC doesn't, like SegWit2x and a few others. It's a good contender for the long term.

Yes, I'm essentially trading, buying a few and selling them off a few hours/days later, but it's not heart attack island like Bitcoin.

What exchange/website are you using?

What exchange/website are you using?

GDAX, was using Kraken but it's very unreliable at busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I still have my BTC, am I mad?

(The current price is still 2,000 higher per bitcoin than what I paid)

ZeroThreat wrote: »

Nope. I'm buying more right now :). I am protected in that I had my BTC before the fork so I have an equivalent amount of BTH...

Just topped up my LTC as well.

• Advertisement

Is Vertcoin almost identical to Litecoin except that it's able to be mined on standard GPU equipped PCs?

Nope. I'm buying more right now :). I am protected in that I had my BTC before the fork so I have an equivalent amount of BTH...

Just topped up my LTC as well.

lucky, I was a little too late to the crypto party to get my BCH :mad:

Have 100 LTC so not planning on getting any more at this point.

(The current price is still 2,000 higher per bitcoin than what I paid)

I only switched to LTC because I was getting close (within €100) to what I paid for the BTC and didn't want to lose my investment. I have roughly the same amount of LTC as you.

Regarding VTC vs LTC, I've no idea how VTC works. There's an infographic here.

For those who are dumping their btc into ltc, are you paying CGT on the btc profits?

For those who are dumping their btc into ltc, are you paying CGT on the btc profits?

Good question.

As digital currencies assume a higher profile in the media and business, sooner or later revenue are going to start requesting details of Irish residents registered with the major crytpo sites and exchanges for further investigation.

So it would be advisable to get working on the 36 page form 11 pronto, as CGT disposals up to the 30 Nov have to made by 31 Dec, and allowing for the X-mas period, ideally they need to be sent in before the start of the holidays.

Everyone will make their own arrangements as appropriate.

Everyone will make their own arrangements as appropriate.

not sure if you got my reply, I can't see a list of out going pms on my profile anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Ah sure begorrah isn't litecoin the sliver to bitcoins gold :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pointless coin. DUMP.

Ah sure begorrah isn't litecoin the sliver to bitcoins gold :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pointless coin. DUMP.

I made a reasonable amount trading it yesterday. It's well regarded.

Pointless coin. DUMP.

Which coins do you hold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

Which coins do you hold?

What does it matter? I'll keep buying coins i want, to say what is to pump my coins, ive no interest in that, i'll buy as much as i can rather than pumping and pricing myself out the market.

But i sincerely have no interest in ltc, and this silver to gold bs motto bandied about is cringey nonsense from 2013.

What does it matter? I'll keep buying coins i want, to say what is to pump my coins, ive no interest in that, i'll buy as much as i can rather than pumping and pricing myself out the market.

But i sincerely have no interest in ltc, and this silver to gold bs motto bandied about is cringey nonsense from 2013.

You're the only one to mention silver in this thread :pac:

ltc has had a 1000%+ increase in the last year..

You seem like someone who doesn't actually hold any crypto and comes here to without any intention of participating in a proper discussion tbh.

edit: lets not be throwing around accusations. report your thoughts on the motivations of a poster but lets not start dropping sandwiches under bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

My thoughts are good on LTC. I can see it being 75$ by Christmas with all altcoins due a run.

username?! wrote: »
    My thoughts are good on LTC. I can see it being 75% by Christmas with all altcoins due a run.

75% of what - the value of a BTC, I hope :D

Or did you mean €75?

75% of what - the value of a BTC, I hope :D

Or did you mean €75?

Typo. $75 dollars yes.

What makes you think that?

Litecoin just took quite a jump tonight..

Litecoin just took quite a jump tonight..

Lightning integration announced...

• Advertisement

What makes you think that?

Its the cheapest of the top coins. There is room for huge movement in it, also the tech and team behind it are strong. With coinbase now opening up institution investments all of the 3 will increase dramatically.

Advertisement