Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick grab your pitch forks, it's Dustin Hoffman now.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

branie2 wrote: »
    Who will be next?

If they say that black fella from Naked Gun did something inappropriate I'll not cope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. Worthington
    Don't put your daughter on the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jayop wrote: »
    A 48 yo movie star talking to a 17 yo intern like that is a gross abuse of power. Like I said it's on the lower scale of things that have come out but it's still pretty bad. Of course it was "at the time" and there is a little bit of merit in that, but the reason it was like that at the time was because of people like Hoffman making it like that. He held the power and he choose to be a creep.

If it was a one off pass then I could cut him some slack, but he was a pest for 5 weeks according to the Hollywood reporter. Snippet below.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/dustin-hoffman-sexually-harassed-me-i-was-17-guest-column-1053466

Its worth a read for anyone on the fence about this.
    Today, when I was walking Dustin to his limo, he felt my ass four times. I hit him each time, hard, and told him he was a dirty old man. He took off his hat and pointed to his head (shaved for the part) and said, "No, I'm a dirty young man, I have a full head of hair." So would Bob have fired me if he'd seen me hit Dustin?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see a pattern...

dustin-hoffman-and-sen-hillary-clinton-are-at-the-brooklyn-museum-for-picture-id97251967?k=6&m=97251967&s=612x612&w=0&h=Je5kPasai523Bxz2XZAdyS7It7oEB9z5fwYH6fyhYRI=

hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-kevin-spacey.jpg

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

171009105637-harvey-weinstein-hillary-clinton-2012-large-169.jpg

You might be right. Here's another one:
    trump-clinton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

I have a theory that all the woman and least known actors of Hollywood got together and brain stormed this whole sexual harassment,assault and rape thing just to get the big powerful men out of the spot light to free up more female lead roles in bigger pictures.

So many accusations coming out now it's like a tidal wave

With all the men gone it's only the woman and now big actors to do the movies.

Very clever indeed.

*puts tinfoil hat on and switch on my cb radio in bunker*

• Advertisement

jobr wrote: »
    Oh man, not Dustin! I have always liked him and thought he seemed like one of the good guys...:(

You....can still think this fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

joe stodge wrote: »
    He was whacking off in front of people, I'm led to believe.

"Hey!!!!......I'm **** here!!!!!!!.....I'm **** here!!!!!!!....."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it's important that this doesn't turn into some sort of witch pursuit thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

"Meet The Fondlers"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Can people stop quoting the fucking pictures?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jayop wrote: »
    A 48 yo movie star talking to a 17 yo intern like that is a gross abuse of power. Like I said it's on the lower scale of things that have come out but it's still pretty bad. Of course it was "at the time" and there is a little bit of merit in that, but the reason it was like that at the time was because of people like Hoffman making it like that. He held the power and he choose to be a creep.

You can call it bad taste in humour. There isn't even a scale here let alone it being lower.

He was just someone playing up the big man with those around him. I don't get how you see him as such an influencer with power, when he's been widely known to be affected by feedback from a costume department. He's been one very much to respond to those around him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Hillary worked all her life to be President. This myth that Hillary somehow has better morals than Trump should be debunked. I have always thought she is worse than Trump and still do. She played a key role in the mess which is now Libya. Even bragged about it which is on Youtube for all to see.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hillary worked all her life to be President. This myth that Hillary somehow has better morals than Trump should be debunked. I have always thought she is worse than Trump and still do. She played a key role in the mess which is now Libya. Even bragged about it which is on Youtube for all to see.

Who did she grope again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

If there was any justice in the world, he'd be dragged out onto the street and shot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

4 minutes to Wankner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Honestly I dont know what to believe anymore. Im guessing alot of these cases are true but I say a fair amount of them are just jumping on the bandwagon for their 15 minutes of fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You can call it bad taste in humour. There isn't even a scale here let alone it being lower.

He was just someone playing up the big man with those around him. I don't get how you see him as such an influencer with power, when he's been widely known to be affected by feedback from a costume department. He's been one very much to respond to those around him.

Grabbing someone 31 years your younger by the arse on top of the very inappropriate "jokes" put this on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's always been a town full of lowlifes and hypocrites.

How much of this debauchery was consensual I suppose is the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Cocaines a hell of a drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

And Mrs Robinson was moving onto him in The Graduate

• Advertisement

Can we just get a megathread for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

We better lock up all men who were famous/powerful and in their prime from the 70s to the 90s, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Omackeral wrote: »
    HOLLYWOOD ACTOR DUSTIN Hoffman has been accused of sexually harassing a 17-year-old intern during the filming of the 1985 film Death of a Salesman.

Author Anna Graham Hunter told The Hollywood Reporter that Hoffman grabbed her backside and made inappropriate comments on the set of the television film.

Here’s an example of one incident given by Hunter:

“When I was a senior in high school in New York City, interning as a production assistant on the set of the Death of a Salesman TV film, he asked me to give him a foot massage my first day on set; I did.

He was openly flirtatious, he grabbed my ass, he talked about sex to me and in front of me. One morning I went to his dressing room to take his breakfast order; he looked at me and grinned, taking his time. Then he said, ‘I’ll have a hard-boiled egg … and a soft-boiled clitoris.’
    “His entourage burst out laughing. I left, speechless. Then I went to the bathroom and cried.”

From the OP's link

I hope he didn’t open the front door in his dressing gown!

Can we just get a megathread for this?

Yeah and then lock it

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Can people stop quoting the fucking pictures?!
    Tabnabs wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see a pattern...

dustin-hoffman-and-sen-hillary-clinton-are-at-the-brooklyn-museum-for-picture-id97251967?k=6&m=97251967&s=612x612&w=0&h=Je5kPasai523Bxz2XZAdyS7It7oEB9z5fwYH6fyhYRI=

hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-kevin-spacey.jpg

louis%2Bcd%2Bhrc.jpg

171009105637-harvey-weinstein-hillary-clinton-2012-large-169.jpg

Agreed.

It's really rather annoying

.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What exactly has changed?
    No one has gotten arrested. Sure weinstein career is over but it's all been hot air at this point. Come 6 months it'll be back to business and if you want your break sugar ti*s you'll have to sleep with me etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jonon9 wrote: »
    Honestly I dont know what to believe anymore. Im guessing alot of these cases are true but I say a fair amount of them are just jumping on the bandwagon for their 15 minutes of fame.

Diminishing returns though. So many have come forward including several major name celebs. Someone else who is a minor celeb or worked elsewhere in the production of a film isn't going to get any real attention out of it. Their story will and whoever they name, but the accuser's names, considering there's so many of them now, will be the most easily forgotten aspect of the whole thing.

So if they're not going to get fame out of it (even more than a fleeting bit or their name in a few articles), the only reason they have to do it is because it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Wonder who is next on the sex pest A-list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wonder if a woman will be accused

• Advertisement

You can't judge 1985 behaviour by modern standards.

Most people think they have an innate moral compass and they just magically know from within what is right and wrong. And that it is unchanging from one decade to another. Bull****. A lot of your morality/etiquette comes from society and the general consensus, the prevailing standards of the day. Making a rude joke or slapping an ass in the 1980s was reasonably acceptable as evidenced by the fact that he apparently did it in view of many people (who 'burst out laughing').

I wouldn't use this logic to defend serious, genuine sexual assault or rape. But in the aftermath of the Weinstein scandal there's all these attention seekers coming out with fairly harmless stories of butt slapping or rude jokes from decades ago when it was the done thing. If anything it's an insult to victims of genuine sexual assault.

Advertisement