Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weirdos

Options
  • 27-10-2017 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

What everyday scenario marks out a weirdo to you?

For me it's when someone sits on that single seat on Dublin Bus, the one in the wheelchair area, when the bus is busy and every one else is standing.

Bonus weirdo points if they're facing the window. I don't mean just looking out the window but actually sitting in that direction with their back to everyone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

What's the point of being 'normal'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

EPAndlee wrote: »
    What's the point of being 'normal'

Boring answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

I had never given it much thought but I actually fully agree with your first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

being in young fine gael............ theres something odd about them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Weirdos by Wheety. I misread this as Wheetos and I got needlessly excited. Damn you weird Wheety.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I sign of a weirdo to me is someone who is fascinated with where people sit on a bus.

being in young fine gael............ theres something odd about them

I tend to feel that anyone that supports any of the political parties are a bit odd, although FF supporters really stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Wheety wrote: »
    What everyday scenario marks out a weirdo to you?

For me it's when someone sits on that single seat on Dublin Bus, the one in the wheelchair area, when the bus is busy and every one else is standing.

Bonus weirdo points if they're facing the window. I don't mean just looking out the window but actually sitting in that direction with their back to everyone else.

When you say " bonus weirdo points" , is it possible to cash them in or is this something in your imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Stop focusing on who I find weird and start posting some of your own :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As you get older, you appreciate the "weirdos" more. The people who go against the crowd and do their own thing.

That's who we should all aspire to be. Conforming to the crowd or going along with things for fear of standing out, is boring. Doing something you don't like because you don't want to be laughed at? That's weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I agree with Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I agree with Seamus.

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I agree with you.

Well said CoH.

Anyone that uses a bus at all, is weird to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

There is no such thing in life as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Anyone that gets involved in Students Unions while at College.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

people with "fur babies"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I agree with you.
    Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I agree with Seamus.

I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

seamus wrote: »
    As you get older, you appreciate the "weirdos" more. The people who go against the crowd and do their own thing.

That's who we should all aspire to be. Conforming to the crowd or going along with things for fear of standing out, is boring. Doing something you don't like because you don't want to be laughed at? That's weird.

This man speaks the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

You know when you're walking along and you see someone in the distance who you either haven't seen in ages, or you used to work with or whatever, the natural order is to go "Ah be Jaysus look who it is" and then proceed to do a long catchup chat which you spend most of the time trying to awkwardly but tactfully extricate yourself from.....

Yeah, I can't be doing with that. Cross the road, eyes on the phone, *whistling*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

When there are loads of empty double seats on a bus and someone sits beside you then they're obviously a weirdo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

My 19 year old German housemate who wants to spend a month in a Buddhist temple in Tasmania meditating in silence to and i qoute "find his spirituality" when I asked if he would like to come travelling through Asia with a group of us in January.

I found that incredibly weird for someone so young. Fine if you want to do it later in life after some turmoil or stresses but at 19.... really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Lately, a strange car pulled into a remote forest walk that only I frequent, thus blocking my exit, and my immediate response was to turn in and sprint headlong through the plantation of pines, bent over at ninety degrees, burst through a tangle of briars on the edge of the woods, negotiate a barbed wire fence at speed, jump over a wide drain, clamber up and then down a high bank to arrive out on the road, covered from head to toe in dead branches and leaves, only for my neighbour to come upon me in his new car, out looking for a lost sheep. :cool:

Another thing for my neighbours to add to the lengthening list of 'Dear God, but that one is weird'...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

People that walk straight at you and then look at you like you are in their way.

YOU are in MY way!!!

Do the awkward shuffle like a normal person, weirdo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Weirdo= me, in any social situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Paddy Flarge.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Do the awkward shuffle like a normal person, weirdo!!!

If they did then it follows that they wouldn't be weird.
    Maybe I'm over thinking it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

seamus wrote: »

I agree with you to a point.....and that point is masturbating on public transport :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    If they did then it follows that they wouldn't be weird.
    Maybe I'm over thinking it....

Yes, but they haven't done it yet, and so they're still a weirdo.

Also, those cnuts who you find staring at you as you are walking past them, or on public transport, or a cafe etc.

Spiritual vampires! No doubt they think they're "people watching". They need a kick to the neck.

Or people that hold doors for you when you're 20 feet away making you walk faster. You inconvenienced me, not helped me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Also, those cnuts who you find staring at you as you are walking past them, or on public transport, or a cafe etc.

Spiritual vampires! No doubt they think they're "people watching". They need a kick to the neck.

So... so... much anger directed at strangers. Perfectly normal not weird at all. ; )

Advertisement