Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Credit where Credit is due

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Waitress in Hook & Ladder took away my half-finished coffee after I had to run suddenly to the toilet with my four-year-old son. When I came back and asked about it, there was no quibble, no argument - just a nice fresh, full latte on its way to my table.

Great customer service... I don't know her name, and can only say that she sounded Eastern European, but that's how you look after customers, even the ones who should try to make it clear that they haven't left! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BBM77 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news/local/110070-council-to-take-over-mount-congreve-in-waterford.html

WCCC is going to take over Mount Congreve. This is good news and the best way that its potential as a tourist attraction can be maximised. It?s an incredible garden and a priceless asset to Waterford.

A bit more on this, a deal has been struck through the OPW for 250,000 euro annual funding plus a lump sum of 1.3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Spotted today,Credit to Michael and his samurai lessons on black friars street...very funny.

I give out about them (senior ones mostly) enough but credit to gardai for big arrests made yesterday, similar thing in kk week before I think too...we all want to see gardai coming down hard on criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Max Powers wrote: »
    I give out about them (senior ones mostly) enough but credit to gardai for big arrests made yesterday, similar thing in kk week before I think too...we all want to see gardai coming down hard on criminals.

I agree Max...but its one thing for the Gardai to come down hard on criminals but its another thing for the courts to..suspended sentences all around!!!

• Advertisement

Teebor15 wrote: »
    I agree Max...but its one thing for the Gardai to come down hard on criminals but its another thing for the courts to..suspended sentences all around!!!

Yeah, we all know that but gardai can't sentence them so they deserve credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Credit to everyone who done the marathon today,well done :)

Well done everyone attending march in Dublin today.I like many of us were on all the marches here but can't make today.

Two in one day....
    I just wanted to say credit to sister of man who died on fathers day last due to lack of cardiac care, she was on newstalk this afternoon, spoke passionately, couldn't have been easy ,so close to her brother's death.obviously all our thoughts are with the man's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Well done everyone attending march in Dublin today.I like many of us were on all the marches here but can't make today.

Hear hear. I very much appreciate the time and effort taken by the protestors on behalf of the rest of us. I had no option but to work yesterday, and even if I could have taken the day off, I've got to admit it would have been a big effort to get to Dublin and back. So kudos and admiration to every one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Congrats to the senior hurlers.
    Marvellous effort.

It has been many years since we had a championship win over Kilkenny which made this even more sweet.

1959 ..... 2017 ...... maybe this is the year to win the All Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congrats to the senior hurlers.
    Marvellous effort.

It has been many years since we had a championship win over Kilkenny which made this even more sweet.

1969 ..... 2017 ...... maybe this is the year to win the All Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

deisemum wrote: »

Oops, finger trouble :o

Massive credit to all involved in spraoi organisation.loads of volunteers too, young, old, councillors out collecting for next year spraoi,,regular Joe's volunteered to organise, help and collect.amazing work Waterford...special mention for younger people volunteering, they get enough stick in media about being snow flakes, phone obsessed, not a clue etc.they're the future of spraoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

http://www.wlrfm.com/2017/07/28/bank-of-ireland-is-looking-for-waterford-entrepreneurs-to-contact-it-with-ideas-for-a-startup/

Great credit is due to all the people behind Boxworks on Patrick Street (don’t want to mention names as I don’t know them all). 19 businesses and over a hundred people are based there now. It is not all about shops in the city centre. Things like this are just as important to the vibrancy of the city centre and its future.

BBM77 wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/2017/07/28/bank-of-ireland-is-looking-for-waterford-entrepreneurs-to-contact-it-with-ideas-for-a-startup/

Great credit is due to all the people behind Boxworks on Patrick Street (don’t want to mention names as I don’t know them all). 19 businesses and over a hundred people are based there now. It is not all about shops in the city centre. Things like this are just as important to the vibrancy of the city centre and its future.

Absolutely, good post.I think its fella called Flash, revolution manager set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

http://www.wlrfm.com/2017/08/08/new-arts-centre-for-waterford/

Likewise on the vibrancy of the city centre theme. This new arts centre deserved great credit to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

A big pat on the back for Bus Eireann, Waterford for EVENTUALLY running a

service direct to Dublin from Waterford via Carlow! If only they would run one from Dublin a little later in the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

I must say I find the lack of local bus services on a Sunday odd, particularly last weekend when Spraoi was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

I went shopping for shoes yesterday. Like a lot of men this is a big deal. So many thanks to Val in Debenhams and Dermot in Shaws whose service was superb and whose shoes I did indeed buy. Well done lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

The floral displays along the Quay sponsored by the Granville and the displays over by the train station are fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Waterford senior hurling squad and management

its going to be a brillent few weeks around the county and hopefully we will be looking forward to a victorious homecoming in 3 weeks time

Waterford walls..great job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Waterford walls..great job

Tough day yesterday for them, weather certainly didn't help. What I saw was nice, but some weren't completed around the Granary and Garter Lane area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Revolution in John Street won the Best Whiskey Bar in Ireland award last night at the Skybar awards.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Harvest festival was great again...fair play organisers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Harvest festival was great again...fair play organisers
    Was there many around for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

deisemum wrote: »
    The floral displays along the Quay sponsored by the Granville and the displays over by the train station are fab.

Tacky!

Deiseen wrote: »
    Was there many around for it?

Good crowds yeah...hard to estimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tacky!

What would you suggest instead?

Advertisement