Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread. 3pm teams in op

Options

Comments

FF my arse...

DeGea
    Kola - Lowe - Daniels
    KdB - Ritchie - Puncheon - Xhaka
    Lukaku - Kane - Aguero(c)

Just let me wildcard already!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

Imagine when champ league comes along ........I'll have no city again soon
    It's not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    I think Jesus might be dropped as well.

Him and Aguero don't work in the same team. Dropping Kun is the way to go though Pep.

Last chance saloon for City players and Kane before a possible wildcard next week.

Good man Pep, you know it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Aguero won't be happy, could be looking for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

No Stones! Well Balls! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pissed off with Pep already. Have Kun captained and now with this crap going on again I'm getting rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Surely that finally puts it to bed as to who Pep prefers from Kun and Jesus.

Yup.

Jesus was anonymous the last day, whereas Aguero was actually very good.

It seems Jesus starts every game regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That's why I've no city players. They've just too many players

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Praying KDB stays quiet today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Jesus was taken off at half time on Monday and Aguero played 90, I'd say it's just Agueros turn to sit out for a bit rather than a preference from Pep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Foster
    Jones Bertrand Lowe
    KDB (c) Alli Pogba Carroll
    Jesus Lukaku Firmino

Elliot - Suttner Brady K. Long

Going with De Bruyne as captain as Bournemouth have been giving up lots of chances and City should be the dominant team today. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Back to a back 4 better for City attacking prospects imo. Bernardo on the right, Sterling the left i imagine, then just depends who of Silva/KDB is more forward centrally - though I'd guess they'll both pick up the ball from deep at times, as well as getting forward. So probably much of a much

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

For all those cursing Pep, City and Aguero, just remember there were 2 occasions this happened last season.

Once, at Bournemouth, Jesus got injured after 10 minutes and Kun came on to get an assist (or 2).

And the second time, City struggled at Burnley and Kun came on to score.

gammygils wrote: »
    No Stones! Well Balls! :(

Call em what you like

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Had Aguero captained, had the 'Make Captain' button ready on Lukaku and pressed it as soon as I saw the team - don't know if it committed tho as it was 1130 on the dot - nervy half hour coming up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On my phone so a bit awkward to post it but what's the Bournemouth team lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

patmac wrote: »
    I swore I would not get angry at this game, but I transferred in Aguero for Jesus for - 4,fcuk Pep and fcuk City, time to put on my mindfulness app.

That's so frustrating. If pep could get Sanchez I reckon he would consider selling aguero which is crazy as I still think aguero is the best player in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Daniels and Smith are wingbacks today.
    Could be interesting if Howe continues with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

sword1 wrote: »
    Call em what you like

Brilliant :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On my phone so a bit awkward to post it but what's the Bournemouth team lads?

Begovic, Ake, Mings, Cook, Daniels, Smith, Arter, Surman, Gosling, Defoe, King.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Pissed off with Pep already. Have Kun captained and now with this crap going on again I'm getting rid of him.

I think you should wait by the phone, Pep is making a list and will get back to everyone before the end of the the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Now about rotation. I persist that chances are we'll see more and more of it in the future as long as the PL money continue to flow like crazy.
    We see more and more bigger squads in terms of quality players. So not only they have to be played sometimes but it'll make the league more and more competitive. In addition, the big teams have an increasingly tough challenge when it comes to European competition when you see the current level of Real, Bayern, Juve, Borussia, Barça and the ambitions of PSG.

Finally, the PL has become the league of the managers (Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Pochettino, Koeman... Wenger's still there) and they all wish to prove their value on several competitions (Klopp reached the EL final 2 years ago, Mourinho won it last year ; Wenger despite all the criticisms won 3 FA Cup in the last 4 years ; Conté won the league in his first season managing the Blues). So I've no doubt they'll manage their squad accordingly and thus use rotation. We've already seen Klopp & Guardiola. Wenger & Mourinho to a lesser extent. Conté talked about it recently.

We're gonna have to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Just treble captained Kane. August curse be goonnnnee!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Praying KDB stays quiet today

He'll probably score a hattrick now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just treble captained Kane. August curse be goonnnnee!!!

Just? As in after the deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Aguero owners (I am one of you). Maybe I'm full of wishful thinking but Aguero outscoring Jesus with a late cameo would not be a crazy unseen thing in FPL ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

iroced wrote: »
    Aguero owners (I am one of you). Maybe I'm full of wishful thinking but Aguero outscoring Jesus with a late cameo would not be a crazy unseen thing in FPL ;).

I have Jesus, no Aguero and even I would love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reluctantly stuck by Jesus and KDB. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Gone for
    Fabianski
    Alonso Keane Luiz
    Fabregas Salah Mkhitaryan Iwobi
    Quaner Kane Lukaku (c)

Luckily this week I transferred in Lukaku for Aguero so that anger I would have had over Aguero being benched has now turned to delight :D

• Advertisement

Transferred out kdb to Eriksen and captained him

Advertisement