Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XIV Signup - July 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Never has a truer statement been posted on boards. I even made my workload ridiculously light for Thursday and Friday

Me too, making sure Im doing more than enough today and tomorrow so I can do sweet FS come thursday and mainly Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I watched 4 episodes of the first season of Community last night.

I cant get into it yet. The main character is just too slimey for me to get behind him as the hero. Some really good jokes, but the story and characters (apart from Abed) have failed to get me to warm to them yet.

I cant get into it yet. The main character is just too slimey for me to get behind him as the hero. Some really good jokes, but the story and characters (apart from Abed) have failed to get me to warm to them yet.

Hmmm. I think it was around four episodes in that it clicked for me. It might center around Jeff at the start but there is no main character as it goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Don't think anyone is supposed to be a hero. Maybe thinking he is supposed to be a hero is dampening the comedy for you. If you are talking about jeff, he's a 1st class asshole. defo dont think of him as a hero. I can understand a little if you think pierce is a hero, he's my hero!

Hmmm. I think it was around four episodes in that it clicked for me. It might center around Jeff at the start but there is no main character as it goes on.

It does center around Jeff so far and it just hasn't clicked for me yet. Its seems disjointed and moves along without any real rhythm. As for Jeff, the first few episodes paints him as the center of the show and he comes across very disingenuous for a hero. Hero probably isn't the correct word, but he's positioned as the likable rouge who leads the group.

I think hes a grand actor and I have enjoyed him in other roles but seems miscast initially as the would be protagonist or so it appears from the first episodes.

But Ill take your word PJ, I will watch a few more. I have enjoyed Abed and his father, as well as the introduction of the Spanish Teacher. Chevy Chases Pierce has potential too but so far all the characters just aren't working for me as a unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

...but so far all the characters just aren't working for me as a unit.

This is kind of the point of the show to begin with...they are a group forced together so they shouldn't work as a unit.
    It's worth sticking with, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I dont know the show, and wont have time to get up to speed on it, so i guess I'll wing it

I'm excited though, last few months have been really crazy in work and I didn't feel I could give the last 2-3 games as much attention as they needed. Hopefully I've cleared the decks enough that I can focus a bit more for this game (weekend may be slower though with little people to consider...).

Can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tritium wrote: »
    I dont know the show, and wont have time to get up to speed on it, so i guess I'll wing it

I'm excited though, last few months have been really crazy in work and I didn't feel I could give the last 2-3 games as much attention as they needed. Hopefully I've cleared the decks enough that I can focus a bit more for this game (weekend may be slower though with little people to consider...).

Can't wait :D

*Trits unintentional pun*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can someone flitter through some of the archive on Change of Plans?

I keep getting timed out and its really annoying, wondering if it's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Went through 20-30 of the simpsons game pages and no timeout for me.

Can someone flitter through some of the archive on Change of Plans?

I keep getting timed out and its really annoying, wondering if it's just me.

I can see Simpsons and all games before that. Also general discussion

Where are you watching it? Couldn't find it on Netflix

Fecks sake, I've been reloading a page for about 10 mins on a 50mb connection.

Wonder is it the machine I'm on.

Cheers guys

P.S. putlocker9.is

i just bounced around change of plans archives there with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Up to season 5 now. Season1 decent, 2-4 a drag at times, season 5 is picking up again. Some good charactors for a game though, theme def suits

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't have access to the archives at the moment on my main account :(

Where are you watching it? Couldn't find it on Netflix

123movies is where I grabbed them, all not so legal. Whenever something isn't on Netflix, this is where I go.

Pop ups galore though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What time is Kick Off tomorrow? Usual 6ish timeslot?

Cant wait guys, good luck everybody and good luck Mods.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I don't have access to the archives at the moment on my main account :(

I was pricking with user groups yesterday, I may have accidentally changed you from Registered or something.

I'll fix that later xo

• Advertisement

123movies is where I grabbed them, all not so legal. Whenever something isn't on Netflix, this is where I go.

Pop ups galore though

Get a NoScript extension for your browser. Confusing at first, as literally nothing will work but you manually turn on things until the website works.

Cuts out all google analytics, ads, pop-ups, autoplay videos and whatever else websites will try to push on you.

According to mine, boards tries to run 13 scripts. You know how many it takes to make boards functional? 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What time is Kick Off tomorrow? Usual 6ish timeslot?

Cant wait guys, good luck everybody and good luck Mods.

ya it'll be late enough in the day need to get work out of the way, going to try and send out PM's tonight or in the morning and then aiming to open the thread at 5/6pm

Better get servicing my husband out of the way tonight so.

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This is working out perfectly...

I work for myself so the Thursday start is perfect. My wife is away until Saturday so she won't feel ignored/abandoned. Got most of my work done for the week already.....

Would be hilarious if I was munched first night. Hilarious for everybody but me...

I don't think I've ever been munched. Must be considered a low priority target :pac: I think I've always had a hand in my own death bar being lynched once

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is working out perfectly...

I work for myself so the Thursday start is perfect. My wife is away until Saturday so she won't feel ignored/abandoned. Got most of my work done for the week already.....

Would be hilarious if I was munched first night. Hilarious for everybody but me...

I've also free'd up my time for this and was thinking exactly the same thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't think I've ever been munched. Must be considered a low priority target I think I've always had a hand in my own death bar being lynched once

I've found serial killers find me very tasty in the last few games

From the games I read back so far, we can remove 'known good players' as motive, its an anon game, the next highest motives after for first kill is appearing helpful or appearing to have a role. Random is way down the ranking for motive.

3 anon games Not much to go on in themselves.

(xI) me by appearing helpful
    (Simpsons) first blood by village.
    (XV) no original night kill (Brendan the non player was killed) village got first blood again.

A non poster has been killed before, but due to 'known good player', H.P. Jayop. It might be safe as a 0 poster in an anon game to survive night zero, but what's the fun in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is it annon?

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    A non poster has been killed before, but due to 'known good player', H.P. Jayop. It might be safe as a 0 poster in an anon game to survive night zero, but what's the fun in that.

I think it would be impossible for me to be a non poster after the first 2 hours even :P

Advertisement