Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune ID?(Need help on finding a tune name? post here!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭radonicus

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

A more difficult one this time, without a sample.

Early 90s track. Considered an early classic in my opinion.

Artist's name is similar to A Guy called Gerald, but it's not that.

Similar sound though, that era. Airhorn, piano etc.

Pretty sure the name was 'polyphonic..' or 'symphonic..' or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

radonicus wrote: »
    A more difficult one this time, without a sample.

Early 90s track. Considered an early classic in my opinion.

Artist's name is similar to A Guy called Gerald, but it's not that.

Similar sound though, that era. Airhorn, piano etc.

Pretty sure the name was 'polyphonic..' or 'symphonic..' or similar.

Just a guess?

JG009 wrote: »

Not it unfortunatey.

• Advertisement

Not it unfortunatey.

Airhorn and piano had me wondering and the "ic" and the end of ulstrasonic!

Anything else to go on?

Airhorn and piano had me wondering and the "ic" and the end of ulstrasonic!

Anything else to go on?

Not really I'm afraid.

I would date it as 1990-92, early UK house/ rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Not really I'm afraid.

I would date it as 1990-92, early UK house/ rave.

Found it:

https://youtu.be/tBxKRrjGWPU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Guys would really appreciate your help with this one.
    Normally I just Google the lyrics or a description and the track comes up eventually but I've spent probably an hour looking for this and no joy.
    It's a fairly commercial sounding track. If I had to guess I'd say it was released in the last two or three years and would probably be found on a compilation with the likes of Duke Dumont Robin Schulz etc. as I heard it in the gym a fair bit.
    It's got a repetitive female vocal. She says what I think is:
    GIMME SOMETHING
    GIMME gimme somethin
    GIMME SOMETHING REAL!

And then the same verse again but pitch down.

I found about 30 different Tunes called something real or give me something real or give me something and NONE of them are it.

Edit...It's not the Fedde Le grand track either, though the genre would be similar.

I need closure please help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Some of the long term posters might be able to help me on this one. Specifically Executive Steve I think.I've scoured all the tune threads and I can't find one that you posted before that was a Russian DJ and it was quite heavy bass and ethereal sounding.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'm nearly sure it was 'DJ' something. Praying I can be helped as it's wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Never mind, after much stalking I've finally found it!

Mr Sizef & Unquote - Hours have no Reverse Motion

Enjoy. It's a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Can anyone please help me with this one? It's the tune coming in around 28 minutes. 90's house track starting off with male lyrics repeating 'Alright' followed by by 'For it goes on and on and on and on, yeah'!

Terrible description but hopefully someone can help me out with this one, cheers

https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/rinse-fm-podcast-krystal-klear-28th-march-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Can anyone please help me with this one? It's the tune coming in around 28 minutes. 90's house track starting off with male lyrics repeating 'Alright' followed by by 'For it goes on and on and on and on, yeah'!

Terrible description but hopefully someone can help me out with this one, cheers

https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/rinse-fm-podcast-krystal-klear-28th-march-2017

Can't listen but those lyrics are in the late 80s US house classic by sterling void called "alright", what a tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

intbn wrote: »
    Can't listen but those lyrics are in the late 80s US house classic by sterling void called "alright", what a tune!

Brilliant stuff, thanks a mill for that! It's a tune indeed. Here's the version I was looking for if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

Brilliant stuff, thanks a mill for that! It's a tune indeed. Here's the version I was looking for if anyone's interested.

No problem, serious goosebumps there man, used to have that 12", sold it when I was stuck for a few quid, I'll be hoping that tune out of it work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Long shot but anyone recognise the song at 0.17 ?

I would say it was thrown together on ableton (or ejay) depending on budget for the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I would say it was thrown together on ableton (or ejay) depending on budget for the film.

Yeah I was thinking it was local talent alright. It's not my usual cup of tea but it has potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

tossy wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking it was local talent alright. It's not my usual cup of tea but it has potential.

Mid 90's track. Graham Keely played it on Power FM and I think you might have heard it a bit in the Temple as well. It had a sample "Go".. It wasn't Moby Go - a bit more underground than that? Any ideas?

Graham Keely did a mix on Power FM (pretty sure it was power) but it also had Fluke, bullet in it and a selection of super tracks. IF anyone has that mix, please send on. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Anyone any idea on the track that comes in just after 6 mins with the piano break? Johnny Moy played it a lot in the Temple of Sound, love to know the name.

Rabbit in the Moon, Out of Body Experience...

Excellent live footage, hadn't seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

Anyone know where to download old school classics onto an iPhone. Was using an app called tubidy to download tunes off youtube but stopped working. Don’t mind paying. iTunes don’t have a selection. Liquid. Age of love. Natural high sort of stuff. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TraxDublin

tmabr wrote: »
    Anyone know where to download old school classics onto an iPhone. Was using an app called tubidy to download tunes off youtube but stopped working. Don’t mind paying. iTunes don’t have a selection. Liquid. Age of love. Natural high sort of stuff. Thanks
    If you don't mind streaming, install the TuneIn radio app and search for Trax Dublin. It's all day old skool! Way better quality than downloading from YouTube. Or, if you're in Dublin - listen on 107.1 FM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

TraxDublin wrote: »
    If you don't mind streaming, install the TuneIn radio app and search for Trax Dublin. It's all day old skool! Way better quality than downloading from YouTube. Or, if you're in Dublin - listen on 107.1 FM. :)

Cheers man. Do that already love the station. That and phever. Just would like a playlist of my favs for gym. Close my eyes and imagine myself back in sides or system. 😊

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Can anyone tell me what genre of house this is? I believe it's disco house but want to be certain. Cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Can anyone tell me what genre of house this is? I believe it's disco house but want to be certain. Cheers in advance.

I've have thought more funky house? You'll never get agreement anyway :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone please?

Advertisement