Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your generation?

Options
  • 15-06-2017 2:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

When you refer to your generation what age group of people are you talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭Allinall

When you refer to your generation what age group of people are you talking about?

Generally people within ten years either side of my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My cousins/bothers/sisters are in my generation.

Can't really refer to an age, as it even amongst the above they range from late teens to early 40s, and even have a few from the family generation above and below mine, that also fall into the same age range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

The one thats the same age as me, or my siblings, as opposed to my parents aunts and uncles the next generation up. My grandparents would be another generation above again, my children below.
    It gets more confusing though for my kids, my eldest is 18, my youngest is 8 weeks. Are they the same generation cos they're siblings?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

People who have an actual reasoned answer when asked Blur or Oasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The who

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

20cd14541783b7026608960fa8ca4a53.jpg

And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What I find is people try to put us down just because we get around, things they do look awful cold Yeah, I hope I die before I get old

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,743 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The group who managed to get through their 20s just before era of the camera phone, the selfie, social media, and other attention-seeking dumbed-down nonsense.

The group who ventured onto the Internet with a reminder not to take it too seriously and be able to laugh off/ignore the inevitable nonsense you'd encounter

The group who would never have dreamed of sending pictures of where they were every few minutes, what they were eating, or what concert they were at

Y'know.. that lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

My generation would be 25-35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The group who managed to get through their 20s just before era of the camera phone, the selfie, social media, and other attention-seeking dumbed-down nonsense.

The group who ventured onto the Internet with a reminder not to take it too seriously and be able to laugh off/ignore the inevitable nonsense you'd encounter

The group who would never have dreamed of sending pictures of where they were every few minutes, what they were eating, or what concert they were at

Y'know.. that lot!

Ancient b@stards you mean?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Anybody that displays a similar smorgasbord of middle-age spread, nostalgia and curmudgeonly cynicism recieves immediate empathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,743 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kids today! No respect!! *waves stick*

:p

jamesbere wrote: »
    The who

"talkin' bout my generation" - song stuck in my noggin now. Not bad at all.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Kids today! No respect!! *waves stick*

:p

Selfie stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

People who remember the early days of the World Wide Web and mobile phones becoming ubiquitous.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sleepy wrote: »
    People who remember the early days of the World Wide Web and mobile phones becoming ubiquitous.

When each generation of phone was getting smaller rather than bigger.

When each generation of phone was getting smaller rather than bigger.

Going from the massive brick with the flap and aerial to the tiny flip phone with crap camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Going from the massive brick with the flap and aerial to the tiny flip phone with crap camera.

...and back to the massive brick with a great camera and a sh1t battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

People who only know Jobbridge as something they've heard through the media but never witnessed in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

John Otto, take 'em to the Matthews bridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Generation X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

People who met women in pubs and didn't order them like a Chinese off the internet.

Jaysus, I would have loved tinder in my single days, alas it came to late for me!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭griffin100

People who had typewriter rooms in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

People who met women in pubs and didn't order them like a Chinese off the internet.

Jaysus, I would have loved tinder in my single days, alas it came to late for me!:mad:

Ah you eventually tire of the empty, soulless sex.

Like you enjoy the take away but you feel ugh about yourself afterwards for indulging? Yeah, like that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Net Generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Same.

But I find 25 year olds to be impossibly young and naïve and think 35 year olds are boring and ancient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The generation that doesn't put so much effort into trying to appear effortless, well most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

People who have an actual reasoned answer when asked Blur or Oasis?

Ocean Color Scene!

Advertisement