Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 years for ex-shinner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

And now the weather.

It's raining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Good enough for him, scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Gardai only discovered what the Dowdalls had done a year later when they searched the Dowdalls’ Dublin home on March 9, 2016 for a separate reason and found a video of the incident on a USB stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You act like a thug you get treated like a thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm glad justice is being served to these scumbags, but honestly how stupid can you be to video tape the whole thing. Does the word incriminate mean anything to these guys?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm glad justice is being served to these scumbags, but honestly how stupid can you be to video tape the whole thing. Does the word incriminate mean anything to these guys?

They obviously thought it would be great craic to show it around to their Shinner mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭gifted

A Good Thursday agreement....

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

pilly wrote: »
    They obviously thought it would be great craic to show it around to their Shinner mates.

Surely he would have remained a member if he wanted to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Remember some of Aengus O'Snodaighs own supporters were caught with fake Garda uniforms, balaclavas, cs gas & stun guns. No printer ink mind.

At one or two removes from Sinn Fein's elected representatives, things have a habit of becoming pretty fcuking grim among their cabal of goons and lackeys.

?width=375&version=1685595

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/jerry-mccabe-killing-returns-to-haunt-sinn-fein-381733.html

“Jerry McCabe was shot dead by Pearse McAuley and Kevin Walsh,” said Mr Kearney. “Martin Ferris collected them from jail in 2009 when they were freed and his Sinn Féin colleagues backed him for this sickening display of support for people who brutally gunned down a decent garda going about his duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

This has got to count as one of the weirdest stories I've ever come across.

Vigilante waterboarding of would be conman recorded for posterity. Fúck me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,911 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

No skin in the game and I have absolutely no sympathy sorry.

But when you see the derisory sentences for other things like child abuse and so on, you would wonder.

Anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Remember some of Aengus O'Snodaighs own supporters were caught with fake Garda uniforms, balaclavas, cs gas & stun guns. No printer ink mind.

At one or two removes from Sinn Fein's elected representatives, things have a habit of becoming pretty fcuking grim among their cabal of goons and lackeys.

?width=375&version=1685595

Mary Lou is now morbidly obese. Surely she should be setting some example for the youth of the country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

TBH I think he was just an idiot that got way in over his head. They're going to use this story as the basis for the next season of 'Fargo'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I have to say I'm happy with this result... Dragging down the good name of Sinn Fein with this type of behaviour is reprehensible IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The poor man. He shoulda tried saying he thought he was fighting Aliens from Krypton. He'd have got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I have to say I'm happy with this result... Dragging down the good name of Sinn Fein with this type of behaviour is reprehensible IMHO.

Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

Where'd you think he learned how to torture and waterboard? Self confessed IRA member. The tape was probably for training purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

My opinion on Sinn Fein has softened in recent years to the point that ive actually considered voting for them (perhaps its just years of been dismayed with the other main parties) but this news of this waterboarding just goes to show their true colours and how they truly operate out of view of the cameras.

I have no time for SF or their hangers on at all. Will always have a whiff of cordite about them and just beyond criminality etc. for me.

But anyway, I cannot help but think that 12 years is a long sentence, when you think of rapists and child abusers and the devil and all getting much softer sentences that many a thread here comments on WRT to the leniency of sentencing.

Seems a long sentence by comparison to me.

Just thinking out loud here.

We should be proud to see the Irish justice system at its finest.

• Advertisement

Will be appealed.

More costs for the taxpayer. They always win against those who pay for everything anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,141 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

rosser44 wrote: »
    Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

Where'd you think he learned how to torture and waterboard?

From the videos of the double daring do gooder US and British invasion forces??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Syphonax wrote: »
    My opinion on Sinn Fein has softened in recent years to the point that ive actually considered voting for them (perhaps its just years of been dismayed with the other main parties) but this news of this waterboarding just goes to show their true colours and how they truly operate out of view of the cameras.

it shows nothing of the sort. this is nothing to do with sinn fein. sinn fein are still a very credible party and are the only ones who can now be trusted to run the country.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭Comhrá

it shows nothing of the sort. this is nothing to do with sinn fein. sinn fein are still a very credible party and are the only ones who can now be trusted to run the country.

If you say so, Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Doesn't show sinn fein in a bad light. And if it does then surely enda kenny backing up a fine gael party member found guilty of glassing a man in a pub shows them in a bad light http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kenny-backs-accused-td-353182.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hate SF and the corrupt state equally

12 years really?

I don't know why SF bother they will never be let near power in this state

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I felt he deserved his sentence--but, and I have to be careful here...Did anyone else think the other case, with the '5 years' sentence was FAR too lenient?
    Especially compared to his 12 years?

But maybe that's just me?

No skin in the game and I have absolutely no sympathy sorry.

But when you see the derisory sentences for other things like child abuse and so on, you would wonder.

Anyway.

the wrong way to look at it, the sentence is a good sentence, well deserved. other sentences may be too lenient, but they are the ones to comment on, ifykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Sinn Fein are a credible party but its a choice between blue collar and white collar crime and no one in their right mind wants the anarchy that would come with Sinn Fein in power.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    the wrong way to look at it, the sentence is a good sentence, well deserved. other sentences may be too lenient, but they are the ones to comment on, ifykwim

Very rare that such a long sentence is applied to anything. Be real about it.

Some life sentences amount to this. Although I know they are on "license" for life forever. This is not similar.

Judges cannot be called out on their sentencing, except in the court of appeal. All very fine for you to say what you did, so my voice is mute, except for a rant on places like this really.

What recourse does any joe or josie have really can you tell me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement