Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Pippa O'Connor, Amy Huberman, Brian O'Driscoll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Parchment wrote: »

Aren't pippa o'connor and amy huberman the same person?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Davina McCall.
    It's not even inexplicable, she's as sincere as a dose of the trots.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Aren't pippa o'connor and amy huberman the same person?

Ah yes, Puberman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Catherine Zappone, government TD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Tommy Tiernan is a good example of someone who is so Irish that anyone who isn't (like me) is unable to understand what he's on about. This is not a dig at being Irish, it would apply to anyone who is that parochial.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Parchment wrote: »

Actually its not inexplicable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Damian Lewis from Homeland/Billions.

He's a perfectly competent actor and a seemingly decent bloke, but he has fallen into that trap where actors who have become financial secure begin to arrogantly espouse about their 'craft' and their 'method' in interviews in a way that makes them sound like they are re-defining the craft of acting.

That irritates me no end.

In a similar vein, Idris Elba. He's bloody ubiquitous.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Joe Brolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Can't believe I forgot BOD and Amy Huberman
    Cian Twomey and dopes who share his videos
    Any Facebook /YouTube comedian who beats the same joke over and over see Cian twomey
    Pippa O Connor and the army of bloggers who think they're saving the world with their snaps etc shilling to get free stuff

• Advertisement

valoren wrote: »
    Damian Lewis from Homeland/Billions.

He's a perfectly competent actor and a seemingly decent bloke, but he has fallen into that trap where actors who have become financial secure begin to arrogantly espouse about their 'craft' and their 'method' in interviews in a way that makes them sound like they are re-defining the craft of acting.

That irritates me no end.

In a similar vein, Idris Elba. He's bloody ubiquitous.
    I never found that with either of them I have to say.
    Lewis, in particular seems to come across as a decent guy, he played in the Soccer Aid match a few seasons back.

Saying that though, he does this thing when he's acting where he breathes in deeply through his nose, never picked it up in Band of Brothers, but once you hear it in Homeland or Billions it's impossible to unhear. In fact you're waiting for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Enda Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Helen Mirren and Meryl Streep.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Enda Kenny

See thread title:

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Kathryn Thomas. I just can't stand the woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Oul Mister Brennan's twat of a sidekick on the radio ads, feel like crashing my car into an oncoming truck every time I heard hear that flute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

More a description of gob****es than specific persons.

Snowflakes
    Millennials
    SJWs
    Basically any clown that likes to get outraged for the sake of getting outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Graham Souness.

I just want to punch him in his miserable ****ing face.

Kathryn Thomas. I just can't stand the woman

Me neither. I still would though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

James Kavanagh and his mid-Atlantic accent that he didn't inherit from his parents cos they have true Dublin inner city accents.

Vogue Williams. Manly and voice too deep.

Geri Halliwell. Always thought she'd smell of wee.

Graham Norton. He is so condascending and rude to the audience at times, talking down to them and sniggering like a little teenage bitch.

That newsreader, Aongus whatshisname. Smug face, smug facade, say he's a right ar*e to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Andie McDowell
    Ronan Keating
    The actress that plays Meredith on Grey's Anatomy.
    Rita Ora looks like she needs a good wash.
    Tommy Tiernan
    They all have the look of needing a good slap to the head to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

nhunter100 wrote: »
    More a description of gob****es than specific persons.

Snowflakes
    Millennials
    SJWs
    Basically any clown that likes to get outraged for the sake of getting outraged.

given you've just lumped together millions of people that you don't personally know under vaguely descriptive headings - and entirely out of context with the OP or the thread - would that last grouping rather ironically not also include yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

lawred2 wrote:
    given you've just lumped together millions of people that you don't personally know under vaguely descriptive headings - and entirely out of context with the OP or the thread - would that last grouping rather ironically not also include yourself?

How's that outrage working out for you? You realise it's more of a tongue in cheek post. I'd say your great craic at a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

Will Smith.

Really can't stand him. I can remember watching that movie (was it I am Legend) where he is alone in New York because of some end-of-world vampire virus, and then his sole companion a German Shepard was killed. All I could think was that it was Will Smith's own fault.

Have to agree with James Corden, Feral Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez-Versini/Payne, Piers Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Cupra280 wrote: »
    Will Smith.

Really can't stand him. I can remember watching that movie (was it I am Legend) where he is alone in New York because of some end-of-world vampire virus, and then his sole companion a German Shepard was killed. All I could think was that it was Will Smith's own fault.

Have to agree with James Corden, Feral Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez-Versini/Payne, Piers Morgan.

You realize that was a fictional character, and Will Smith didn't actually write the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I hated James Corden before it was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Pivot Eoin wrote: »
    You realize that was a fictional character, and Will Smith didn't actually write the movie?

You do realise that the thread title says 'inexplicably'? :pac:

Pivot Eoin wrote: »

Maybe he did kill the German Shepherd though, I mean have you seen the state of his young fella?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

osarusan wrote: »
    I hated James Corden before it was cool.

I hated him in his 'Gavin and Stacey' days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I hated him in his 'Gavin and Stacey' days.

I hated him when he was that annoying student in Teachers

Advertisement