Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychopath who killed boy with hammer to be released.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

No such thing as bad publicity

Is there any country with a more pathetic justice system than Ireland? Sweden maybe.

America is quite pathetic tbf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Article says he was released last year then later says he will be released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'd imagine he'll be a great addition to society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Psychopaths are not reformable. He should at least stay in for another decade and then get closely monitored.

• Advertisement

Psychopaths are not reformable. He should at least stay in for another decade and then get closely monitored.

Where does it say he's a psychopath? Tbf he was 16 at the time it occurred

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I thought life was at least a minimum of 20 years anyway. Sickening for the victims family reopening old wounds again. The Justice system in Ireland is incredibly lenient and I wouldn't even call it a justice system any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

dar100 wrote: »

I dunno but I'd be inclined to label anyone who murders another person with a fücking hammer as a psychopath...but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Stheno wrote: »
    Article says he was released last year then later says he will be released

I don't see that? Only that he was released and some discussion of the review.

Looks like today was a hearing on conditions - one does wonder why that wasn't done sooner - perhaps there has been a complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It didn't happen. He murdered a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah that's grand so. Kids these days huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

From the article, "Jesus, I?d love to kill someone, someone that no one would care about, like Darragh Conroy".

Sounds fairly psycho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The most recent pictures of him online are all from his trial in 2003. He's 28 now. darren-goodwin-outside-court-in-2003.jpg?w=529&h=417

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

its a pity for his first attempt at killing someone was unsuccessful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

Presumably the OP made that up for effect,a psychopath wouldn't be released .

The victim looked like the typical person these scumbags like to assault,probable a gentle timid sort.

The short sentences might be logical if there was some actual rehabilitation.Larry Murphy didn't do a damn thing in jail and they let him back out.

What would you call someone who openly boasts about how they'd love to murder someone and then goes ahead and does just that?

diomed wrote: »
    It didn't happen. He murdered a child.

It did happen, a crime. Therefore it happened

darkdubh wrote: »
    What would you call someone who openly boasts about how they'd love to murder someone and then goes ahead and does just that?

A scumbag murderer, a psychopathy has a very specific medical definition and I don't think it's particularly helpful here but tbh I don't care but it's just difficult to see all the learned discussion on the legal system when this semantic point is every other post.

Dunno, a criminal maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

People like this guy is why there should be a death penalty

• Advertisement

Presumably the OP made that up for effect,a psychopath wouldn't be released .

The victim looked like the typical person these scumbags like to assault,probable a gentle timid sort.

The short sentences might be logical if there was some actual rehabilitation.Larry Murphy didn't do a damn thing in jail and they let him back out.

You think? Notice any similarities?

https://www.rte.ie/news/2000/1205/10615-roscommon/

A scumbag murderer, a psychopathy has a very specific medical definition and I don't think it's particularly helpful here but tbh I don't care but it's just difficult to see all the learned discussion on the legal system when this semantic point is every other post.

About the most insightful part of your post.

About the most insightful part of your post.

the 'insightful part' of yours :pac:

In America life would mean life or he'd be on death row, either way he wouldn't be coming out. That's the way is should be.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty but certainly there should be full life terms like they have for certain cases in The UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It did happen, a crime. Therefore it happened
    The point I was making but it seems you missed, was that the poster used the passive voice, saying "it happened" as if nobody was involved.
    My post said that the convicted person murdered the child, the crime was not something that just "happened".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I think that someone that goes out to murder someone just so they can feel like they murdered someone fall into the category of people who should be kept out of society indefinitely. There aren't that many, less than 100? But they pose the greatest risk to society.

Yes, all murder is wrong. But 'at least' the vast majority of murders can be explained to some degree, friends who fall out, money, drink, drugs, family ect. This case is straight from the Larry Murphy play book, to kill anybody for the sake of killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A serious review is needed of the sentences handed down.
    The family must be feeling they've been royally screwed by the justice system that they lose their only son and the state allows the murderer with a life sentence to simply leave prison after promising to stay 8km away from the family.
    **** right off.

diomed wrote: »
    The point I was making but it seems you missed, was that the poster used the passive voice, saying "it happened" as if nobody was involved.
    My post said that the convicted person murdered the child, the crime was not something that just "happened".

Yes I was the poster and I was referring to the crime, meaning it. Not the person involved in IT(you see what I'm doing here?) I think it was you who missed the original point that started this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

What a joke this is, the scumbag should have got life.

• Advertisement

Mutant z wrote: »
    What a joke this is, the scumbag should have got life.

He did

Advertisement