Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya but we were also told it was sold out too! Not Gold circle but I bought a GA ticket on Thursday and did a search they're still available!

hate crap like that.

It was never sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

finally going to see Slash live...

He's been here more often than GnR have! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Slash has played live in Ireland 5 times in comparison to Guns 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slash has played live in Ireland 5 times in comparison to Guns 3 times.

It's more like 10 if you include Belfast dates and the fact he was part of Velvet Revolver. GNR played Belfast once on CD tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Headshot wrote: »
    Im surprised I have Guns N' Roses: Not In This Lifetime Tour GOLD Circle B Ticket on adverts for sale and no interest.

Thought it be easy to sell by now.

I had he same up - no takers on adverts or toutless, but somehow i managed to sell three on seatwave. Now i hate seatwave cause they expect you to charge over cost - but i put them as low as i could so i just broke even on them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I had he same up - no takers on adverts or toutless, but somehow i managed to sell three on seatwave. Now i hate seatwave cause they expect you to charge over cost - but i put them as low as i could so i just broke even on them!

Thanks mate :)

Found this on YouTube, for those old enough to remember MTV before it went to absolute ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Found this on YouTube, for those old enough to remember MTV before it went to absolute ****.

I bought the video single for this, still have it somewhere. It had a crap live version of Yesterdays on it but it also had this which I thought should have been the actual single instead of Garden Of Eden. Far superior song. Great video too... Axl looked the part playing his acoustic guitar!

Yeah it's a shame they released Dead Horse as a single, really great song.. Axl's more talented than most people think, vocalist, hell of a piano player, and not bad on the acoustic, actually speaking of Axl playing acoustic guitar, he can heard playing on There Was A Time as a "base" to Robin's solo.

https://soundcloud.com/mr-street-of-dreams-2/axl-rose-acoustic-guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Probably opening a can of worms here; what ever happened to the 3 or 4 albums worth of material recorded during the Chinese Democracy sessions? Weren't they supposed to come out as full releases?

• Advertisement

Clegg wrote: »
    Probably opening a can of worms here; what ever happened to the 3 or 4 albums worth of material recorded during the Chinese Democracy sessions? Weren't they supposed to come out as full releases?

Stashed away in Axl's legendary vault in his house in Malibu I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Stashed away in Axl's legendary vault in his house in Malibu I'd guess.

Oh lets just throw some gasoline on the fire while we're at it how about the demos pre Chinese democracy
    While slash and Duff were still on board
    There's a live version of Slash playing an intro to welcome to the jungle pre use your illusion albums some where on the net and its note for note the intro to the song Chinese Democracy
    I'll see if I can find it later on this evening its a
    " wait a minute" moment

Oh lets just throw some gasoline on the fire while we're at it how about the demos pre Chinese democracy
    There's a live version of Slash playing an intro to welcome to the jungle pre use your illusion albums some where on the net and its note for note the intro to the song Chinese Democracy
    " wait a minute" moment

Slash playing the intro to Chinese before Chinese was even thought of?

5 of the songs that ended up on Chinese Democracy are on YouTube under the albums original title of 2000 Intentions.

" wait a minute" moment

It's from a 1988 Tokyo gig (one of the first bootlegs I every bought!) and it does sound similar but I think it's a bit a of a stretch to believe that it's more than a coincidence. See what yiz think anyway...

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-slash-may-have-written-riff-to-a-chinese-democracy-song/

It's from a 1988 Tokyo gig (one of the first bootlegs I every bought!) and it does sound similar but I think it's a bit a of a stretch to believe that it's more than a coincidence. See what yiz think anyway...

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-slash-may-have-written-riff-to-a-chinese-democracy-song/

Would The Japanese Incident be the bootleg in question??

Would The Japanese Incident be the bootleg in question??

It just said 'GNR live at the Budokan' on the tape I bought. There had been no 'incidents' to speak of as yet, Spaghetti or Japanese!

It just said 'GNR live at the Budokan' on the tape I bought. There had been no 'incidents' to speak of as yet, Spaghetti or Japanese!

Well there's a The Japanese Incident bootleg on YouTube from '88, this wouldn't be the version of Jungle in question?

Well there's a The Japanese Incident bootleg on YouTube from '88, this wouldn't be the version of Jungle in question?

Pretty sure that's from one of the other nights. I think that's the other bootleg I have, which was direct from the soundboard, amazing quality. From recollection, the Live Era version of Used To Love Her is from that gig, as Axl says 'I'm gonna ask Izzy to help me out on this one'. Think the vocals were done as part of the poxy overdubs for that album but I could be mistaken, would have to listen to that version again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

He's been here more often than GnR have! :confused:

Yes but between one thing and another I've not managed to get to see him, was that not clear from my post?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Slash and then matt mess up. Thankfully slash and duff aren't as messed up in this video nowadays.

• Advertisement

As people found out in dublin don't throw bottles at the stage. Maybe this is where it started.

I never got why people threw **** at the band/Axl, there's always gotta be one idiot who has to ruin it.

Also the way the bottle hitting Duff, and the way it was dealt with, why couldn't that have been done in St. Louis in '91, would've saved a whole lot of hassle and time.

Rocket Queen 1988 Australia including a steven adler drum solo.

This is the show where axl gave his "famous" one in a million speech and also the night he said if certain members of the band didn't stop dancing with mr brownstone these would be the last gnr shows.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Rocket Queen 1988 Australia including a steven adler drum solo.

Another Rocket Queen w/Steven solo.

Which are peoples favourite out of the trilogy ?

I think estranged is the best of the three as it has a personal slant for me, and also slash's melodies are superb as Axl said one time. I think both Don't Cry and November Rain are excellent songs in their own right and aren't bad songs in the slightest.

Estranged, November Rain, Don't Cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Estranged, November Rain, Don't Cry.

No question, in order of amazingness.

But they all rule.

(We're talking songs here, right? Not videos? Never understood why that fella jumps through the cake.)

• Advertisement

Yeah we're talking the songs. Never understood the guy jumping through the cake in November Rain either.

Advertisement