Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adam Johnson joking about raping his victim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't know. What do you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 242 ✭✭PREG1967

i think he may he felt he had to speak like that given the company he was in, probably not safe to be openly contrite, then you could be victimized?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Bit of both I think.
    Being "1 of the lads", but if truly remorseful I'm not sure he'd say what he said.
    Chaps a knob, can't stand him- but media calling him a paedo is harsh Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

PREG1967 wrote: »
    is this just 'prison locker room talk' or evidence that you cant cure a sex offender?
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3382364/rape-charities-slam-adam-johnson/

I'd be siding on the prison talk side, he's saying he might as well have shagged her for the sentence he got. I'd agree with him on the Ched Evans case too, the more i looked at that case the more i couldn't understand how he was ever found guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

it was secretly recorded so his language wasn't precise or guarded.

he was referring to the fact he might as well have raped her cos he got 6 years. he was talking in terms of sentence if you take the context of the whole recording and not just an isolated sentence.

I see his point that people have gotten less than 6 years for rape while he got more for dropping his hand.

no I'm not condoning it at all . It was a very bad thing to do.

It was either a stiff sentence or other rape sentences are light. Either way he did a lot worse in terms of sentence than others in his situation might have done.

• Advertisement

arayess wrote: »
    it was secretly recorded so his language wasn't precise or guarded.

he was referring to the fact he might as well have raped her cos he got 6 years. he was talking in terms of sentence if you take the context of the whole recording and not just an isolated sentence.

I see his point that people have gotten less that 6 years for rape while he got more for dropping his hand.

*no I'm not condoning it at all . It was a vert bad thing to do.

It was either a stiff sentence or other rape sentences are light. Either way he did a lot worse in terms of sentence than others in his situation might have done.
    did he 'drop the hand' though, he said he just kissed her

you have no opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

did he 'drop the hand' though, he said he just kissed her

he was convicted of that.pleaded guilty to kissing but was convicted of more

knocked yourself out

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/24/adam-johnson-should-be-jailed-for-up-to-10-years-court-told
    Johnson, who has been stripped of his 12 England caps, admitted kissing and grooming the besotted fan on the first day of his trial and was later found guilty of a more serious child sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

A few hours ago, we had a great laugh about gay baboons raping 5 men. Now I've got to pretend to be all outraged and offended again.

Where did I put my pussy hat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not saying he did or didn't, but The S*n is a far from reliable source. Would not even waste my download opening or reading it.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Not saying he did or didn't, but The S*n is a far from reliable source. Would not even waste my download opening or reading it.

way to miss the point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Something something Garlic Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Can't wait for this thread to spool back to discussing the case and the first mention of "she knew what she was doing". :rolleyes:

Murrisk wrote: »
    Can't wait for this thread to spool back to discussing the case and the first mention of "she knew what she was doing". :rolleyes:
    what are you suggesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,892 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Stupidity and arrogance. The chap has both characteristics in spades and it's a lethal combination. He believed his own hype. All of his problems are of his own making. He's too brain dead to even see it. He'll be bleating on now how he was tricked into the conversation and play the victim. Don't see how anyone can feel sorry for him at all. He'll be well to do that for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

He is a vile human and nothing he says can surprise me to be honest.

They say "Paedo Johnson" in the article.

A paedophile is someone who targets kids under-12, ie prepubescent.
    Lazy journalism.

There's a term for post-pubescent but I can't be bothered searching... It's definitely something people aren't familiar with from memory.

I have to agree it was a harsh sentence in the scheme of things, age of consent is 15 and below in many countries.
    Fellas with 55 convictions for assault, burglary, theft, robbery would hardly get 6 years for that many offences which aren't variable by region like age of consent.
    He got a sentence equal to what others have got for manslaughter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He's in jail for six years. Do we really have to pretend to be revolted by something he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

They say "Paedo Johnson" in the article.

A paedophile is someone who targets kids under-12, ie prepubescent.
    Lazy journalism.

There's a term for post-pubescent but I can't be bothered searching... It's definitely something people aren't familiar with from memory.

I have to agree it was a harsh sentence in the scheme of things, age of consent is 15 and below in many countries.
    Fellas with 55 convictions for assault, burglary, theft, robbery would hardly get 6 years for that many offences which aren't variable by region like age of consent.
    He got a sentence equal to what others have got for manslaughter.

:eek:

You don't have teenage kids, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

way to miss the point

I do get the point, but would be interesting to see other news outlets version of events, as I simply have no interest in reading anything they print.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I thought he came across quite well in the full clip tbh.

Didn't get the impression there that he was out to impress anyone really, which he could perhaps be forgiven for doing considering his predicament. Just seemed an honest conversation where he appeared to be genuinely expressing how he felt about his sentence and I don't blame him as the sentence was a joke. Sadly now he knows that the people in there that he felt he could have a chat with and trust, really were just setting him up as they saw him as way to make cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have no sympathy for this guy, he's clearly an entitled prick and a perv.

But he has a point about being treated differently because of his position.

He had the book thrown at him because he was a footballer. Many have done far far worse and been given lighter sentences.

what are you suggesting?

Look back on the threads around the trial and conviction - victim-blaming a go-go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Sadly now he knows that the people in there that he felt he could have a chat with and trust, really were just setting him up as they saw him as way to make cash.

I can't help but be amused at the fact he claims he was stitched up by the justice system, and now he's going to be claiming he was stitched up by a load of cons!

Poor Adam, always the victim, could never catch a break because he was a famous footballer, not at all because he was an arrogant twat who swallowed his own hype in thinking he was smarter than everyone else.

I can't help but be amused at the fact he claims he was stitched up by the justice system, and now he's going to be claiming he was stitched up by a load of cons!

Poor Adam, always the victim, could never catch a break because he was a famous footballer, not at all because he was an arrogant twat who swallowed his own hype in thinking he was smarter than everyone else.

Yup, everyone is out to get him. Strange that other rich, famous footballers don't seem to run into the same difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You can't help being amused by what you feel he's going to do? You do realise that by that logic.. you're just amusing yourself.

Look, you can sneer and be as sarcastic as you like, but it won't make his sentence any less inconsistent though, nor his incredulity any less warranted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

He got turned over for what plenty of better placed people do as routine. In fact, they do worse. Yet carry on regardless. He made a dumb move and got crucified for it. Out and out rapists get less severe sentences. The Law. A great bunch of lads.

Ugh, lads.

• Advertisement

Beyondgone wrote: »
    He got turned over for what plenty of better placed people do as routine. In fact, they do worse. Yet carry on regardless. He made a dumb move and got crucified for it. Out and out rapists get less severe sentences. The Law. A great bunch of lads.

Gary glitter and jimll fix it dj lee travis etc cases did him no favours

Advertisement