Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bike Scheme thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭what_traffic

So you want them to postpone building them till next year?

Nope they should be built already for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Nope they should be built already for 2016.

They clearly didnt have the money to do it then.

They clearly didnt have the money to do it then.

Why do you think that?
    LA's usually have budgets prepared in Nov/Dec (after the budget) for the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I noticed there is some work being done at the junction beside Tesco.
    That is one of the locations for new bikes so it must be related.
    Maybe they will have it done before end of year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

boardzz wrote: »
    I noticed there is some work being done at the junction beside Tesco.
    That is one of the locations for new bikes so it must be related.
    Maybe they will have it done before end of year.
    They closed the road and turned it into bicycle parking, Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Why do you think that?
    LA's usually have budgets prepared in Nov/Dec (after the budget) for the following year.

And do you believe all of it arrived on the first of January?

And do you believe all of it arrived on the first of January?

Do you believe this is how it works? Big safe up in City Hall filled up at start of the year?
    Council draw down most of funds from various Depts during the year once it is ready to be spent.

Any new stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Any new stations?

Just the ones you've already mentioned in the other thread!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

New station currently under construction in Renmore, across from hospice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Was trying to figure out was was being built there beside the playground at the end of Lough Atalia. It must the the new Bike station that is planned for there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Was trying to figure out was was being built there beside the playground at the end of Lough Atalia. It must the the new Bike station that is planned for there.

It's great that there expanding it

_Puma_ wrote: »

Ya its a big Bike Docking Station as well by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

A new docking station has been built on NUIG grounds just before the entrance to the park and ride car park. Looks like it's pretty much ready to go but might not be terribly useful until the station near the NUIG entrance on University Road is built. I haven't noticed any sign of that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

Why do you think that?

No they don't, that's just nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

GDSGR8 wrote: »
    No they don't, that's just nonsense.

So how do you think that local authority finance works, then?

A new docking station has been built on NUIG grounds just before the entrance to the park and ride car park. Looks like it's pretty much ready to go but might not be terribly useful until the station near the NUIG entrance on University Road is built. I haven't noticed any sign of that yet.

Is that station not on the grounds of UCHG? Just inside the main gate behind the statue of St. Patrick? I thought a Bike Station was to be installed close to the College Bar / IMI area?

Is that station not on the grounds of UCHG? Just inside the main gate behind the statue of St. Patrick? I thought a Bike Station was to be installed close to the College Bar / IMI area?

The station I posted about above is at the farthest reaches of the NUIG campus up in Dangan. It's located at around 5 o' clock on the yellow circle on the map you can see on this page.

I don't know where the station or stations proposed for the other end of the campus are going to go. The two locations you have mentioned, one on UHG grounds and one near the College Bar would make good sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is another one on uni grounds on Newcastle Road between Kingfisher and Centra

The station I posted about above is at the farthest reaches of the NUIG campus up in Dangan. It's located at around 5 o' clock on the yellow circle on the map you can see on this page.
    Do you know how many docking stations are at the NUIG P&R in Dangan? I think the UCHG will be a small station. 10-15 Max I reckon.

• Advertisement

Do you know how many docking stations are at the NUIG P&R in Dangan? I think the UCHG will be a small station. 10-15 Max I reckon.

I only got a brief glimpse of it as I drove by but it didn't look terribly big. It was a double row of stations, maybe 12 or 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

snubbleste wrote: »
    There is another one on uni grounds on Newcastle Road between Kingfisher and Centra

I just spotted this over the weekend. It's in early stages of the build yet.

Is there a link with the confirmed locations and details of the new sites? Does these drawings go through planning?

J o e wrote: »
    Is there a link with the confirmed locations and details of the new sites? Does these drawings go through planning?

Would have gone through City planning - do not know what the planning number for extension is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,808 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I went past it today.

Didn't get a chance to count, but it's not small. Far bigger than 10-15. Seemed to be in a couple of rows, with another bit off to the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Would have gone through City planning - do not know what the planning number for extension is though.

Can't find anything through the online applications. Not on their map either.

J o e wrote: »
    Can't find anything through the online applications. Not on their map either.

Ya the old GalwayCity.ie website was far better. Could at least review the old PR that they would issue.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/latestnews/
    only goes back as far a Nov 2016

irishcycle.com have a map from Aug 29 2016

http://irishcycle.com/2016/08/29/galway-bikes-station-expansion-planned-for-2017/
    The 4-28 location on map has changed to junction of College Rd and Lough Atalia beside the playground.
    The Map is a National Transport Authority logo on it - so perhaps more info on the NTA Website?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop on this, but I take it from the details in the last few posts that there are still no plans to extend the scheme out to Salthill?

I don't use the scheme at the moment, but I would use it if there was a docking station in Salthill.

Sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop on this, but I take it from the details in the last few posts that there are still no plans to extend the scheme out to Salthill?

I don't use the scheme at the moment, but I would use it if there was a docking station in Salthill.

You are correct. You might need to lobby your local Cllr / TD for this to happen. For certain ould do with another 5/6 Bike Stations in the Lower Upper Salthill & Prom area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Another bike station under construction beside the church in Westside

Advertisement