Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cranberries

Options
  • 29-01-2017 4:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭

I always liked The Cranberries! Are they cheesy now :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Great for the aul prostate i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Only when assaulting an air hostess.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Used to love that song

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. YUMM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Advertisement

They started off a she was tiny and pretty and so very hurt in "Linger" and we all fell in love with her.

A few years later and she was all shouty and lecturing parents about tying kids to beds in "Salvation", by which stage most gave up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

First two albums were good. Fresh and catchy.

After that, it went pear shaped. And from what I've heard Ms O'Riordan is not the most pleasant of people to deal with.

They had their moment of fame.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    First two albums were good. Fresh and catchy.

After that, it went pear shaped. And from what I've heard Ms O'Riordan is not the most pleasant of people to deal with.

They had their moment of fame.

A second cousin of my wife is married to one of them.

She was...difficult. Which in fairness can be common in the music world, some of the greatest have been the most difficult to work with. She made them all pretty rich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I can tolerate them better than before but the one song that will always have me changing the station is Zombie.

Edit: Just saw...'Salvation' above. Another one in the Zombie bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

She is as mad as a bag of frogs. A little detached from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

Did you have to use your finger she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Allinall

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I always liked The Cranberries! Are they cheesy now :pac:

Juicy, I would have thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Linger was nice, apart from that, pretty forgettable. The fact that they're Irish and we overblow everything remotely successful here means there's probably plaques outside the schools they went to and Cranberries walking tours going on in Limerick.
    Lol, just reminded me of something. I was in Wickla the other day and there are STILL signs up for the "Excalibur trail". A film from 1981 or something that pretty much no one under the age of 40 or so would have seen or have any interest in. They really need to take those down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

A second cousin of my wife is married to one of them.

She was...difficult. Which in fairness can be common in the music world, some of the greatest have been the most difficult to work with. She made them all pretty rich.

My cousin was one of the bridesmaids at Molly Sugden's wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Never has a band been more overrated. In the history both of bands and of overration.

The Cranberries toured the US with Suede in the mid 1990s. I like both bands but I can't see their audiences being much of a fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

there are STILL signs up for the "Excalibur trail". A film from 1981 or something that pretty much no one under the age of 40 or so would have seen or have any interest in. They really need to take those down.

Why would you do that? Plenty of people will have seen the film which looks gorgeous and the market for traipsing about Wiklow is over 40s mainly.

As for the Cranberries - surely the worst Irish act to have a measure of international success. Unlistenable guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

With der guns and der bombs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

As for the Cranberries - surely the worst Irish act to have a measure of international success. Unlistenable guff.

I'd say The Thrills have that honour.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

endacl wrote: »
    Never has a band been more overrated. In the history both of bands and of overration.

Nirvana is the most over-rated band in the history of everything, ever.

FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Arghus wrote: »
    With der guns and der bombs..

And der tanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Zombie is an assault on my ear drums. It's in my top 10 of most hated songs.
    Now thanks to opening this thread, I'll have a Zombie earworm for the rest of the day.

They had some great singles but they were never really a band to get excited about enough to make me want to check out their albums.

Also, "I Just Shot John Lennon" is a textbook case of terrible songwriting.

Ah now, let's not forget that Ronan Keating exists (as much as I may wish we could!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Can't stand that turned up to 11 rhoticity she sings in, yeah you're Irish, big deal.
    Zombie is a horrible song as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I'd say The Thrills have that honour.

Oh Jesus, damn you for reminding me they ever existed. I think their whole credo was based on spending a few weeks in California one time and they came back thinking they were the Beach Boys during the Pet Sounds era... That whiny stupid voice he put on. Shame on your The Thrills, shame on you.

endacl wrote: »

The Corrs. Bland, inoffensive, saccharine sweet pap wrapped up in pretty smiles. At least the Cranberries tried, while Zombie and Salvation were woejus they were a band trying to push the envelope a little and not sail through their career regurgitating Linger. Every song by the Corrs was dross.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm always surprised by the Zombie hate on here

• Advertisement

I'm always surprised by the Zombie hate on here

Getting a bad rap since Night of the Living Dead...

Advertisement