Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking a girl out

Options

Comments

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Too long winded.

"Hey x, great seeing you again the other night. Do you fancy going for drinks sometime?

Cheers,
    Johnny "

Wot he sez.

Also, say nuthin' about facebook and don't add her first.

And mind your punctuation in the message, little things can put people off at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

"Hey! Johnny here from the other night. How's things? Fab. Listen, you look really pretty when you sleep and I'd love to wake up to that sight one day. Maybe we could go for a few drinks some time. I spiked my drink instead of yours the other night by mistake and I can't remember much, except for the fact we spoke for, like, half-an-hour or some shiz lol. I could pick you up around, say, 8-ish? I'll be in a blue Peugot - you've probably seen it in your rear-view mirror over the past few days lol #notastalker #justcoincidence. Looking forward to hearing from you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''That I do not understand why your magic eyes
    are just like a drill...driven into my heart ...I will dream your eyes forever
    I will bathe in the sunlight reflected in your eyes. Eyes, eye of the world,
    Eyes I shall see...I didn't act, I stood aside, now I rot…
    Alone, in pain, forever lost to time..Green eyes
    Everywhere I look,green eyes
    Read me like an open book,green eyes
    Sparkle with delight, green eyes
    Haunt my every night. Green eyes''

Her reply

'' my eyes are blue''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Tell her you will eat her instead of food for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Hi (Name),

Great seeing you the other night. I was just wondering if you would be interested in going halves on a bastard.

Cheers,
    (Name)

Simple and to the point.

Anything else is just fluff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

use the Bill Cosby method
    #BlackMagic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Ted111 wrote: »
    - Monday to Thursday obviously.

I would suggest a window of 6.30 to 8.10pm on Friday.

What are your thoughts on Saturday? It's a tough one.

I'd jut stick with tuesday, you're bound to be having some down time on a tuesday, the rest of the time you want her to think you're out ridin' young wans or something, Friday Saturday and Sunday are all non runners for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Ask her to recite pi to 15 places. If she can't do that then kick her too the curb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

johnyy92 wrote: »
    Hi i just have a quick question. I met this girl one night over the Christmas which i have not seen in years. She is a few years older than me and we were talking for a good half hour. Anyway over that time i got the vibe that she was scoping me out and was possibly interested. I was going to ask her out but between mutual friends moving around we got separated. I rarely see this girl and I dont have her number. I was just wondering if i asked her out over facebook would that be acceptable. Also i deactivated my Facebook account three years ago so i would only be signing in to send her a message.

Ask your friends for her number and call her. Texting and Facebook can be pretty creepy.

• Advertisement

Tell her you will eat her instead of food for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Sorted!

Are you talking the sexy way or silence of the lambs way

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I wouldn't go down down the phone number route at all. That's a bit creepy. Stick to facebook. It's what all the cool kids are using these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

AnGaelach wrote: »
    Ask your friends for her number and call her. Texting and Facebook can be pretty creepy.

So it's not creepy to get a persons number from someone and ring them up out of the blue? Jaysus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Peregrine wrote: »
    I wouldn't go down down the phone number route at all. That's a bit creepy. Stick to facebook. It's what all the cool kids are using these days.

Yo tru dat dawg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Fuk O reily do not ring her unless she gave you her number

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

If you're really hot, nothing is creepy

This is too true!

Hi OP, girl here. The replies you've been given are great. I also wouldn't go with the bit about deactivating your fb. It reminds me of a friend of mine who did it cos he couldn't bear seeing his ex with her new man. They were in the same circle of friends. Anyway 6 years on he still hasn't fully reactivated it, so I'd be wondering if I was her.
    Or she could be one of those girls who says to her friends "and he's not even on facebook, WTF like."

Best of luck, hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 johnyy92

This is too true!

Hi OP, girl here. The replies you've been given are great. I also wouldn't go with the bit about deactivating your fb. It reminds me of a friend of mine who did it cos he couldn't bear seeing his ex with her new man. They were in the same circle of friends. Anyway 6 years on he still hasn't fully reactivated it, so I'd be wondering if I was her.
    Or she could be one of those girls who says to her friends "and he's not even on facebook, WTF like."

Best of luck, hope it goes well.

Thanks for the input. I leave out that part and just reword the original message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Definitely a culchie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Too long winded.

"Hey x, great seeing you again the other night. Do you fancy going for drinks sometime?

Cheers,
    Johnny "

wow that sounds so much better , OP this guy should be your wingman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Plugguy wrote: »
    Just say you enjoyed meeting her and ask would she like to meet up again.
    This....

Asking out sober Irish girls is a tough task but I think if you want her go get her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Bear in mind that if you are not friends on fb the message may not be seen. I'd add her first, if she is interested in you she won't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Hi Op, I'm female and I think your message seems fine. Simple and straightforward and clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I'd get her number before letting her know that you searched for her on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Flimpson wrote: »
    I'd get her number before letting her know that you searched for her on Facebook.

You make it sound creepy, it's a 2 second search of someones name. Everyone is on FB these days, if you want to find someone, go there.

I was going to suggest a FB message before adding her but I know that it doesn't deliver to their inbox unless you're friends.

Add her, if she accepts then ask her out on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

johnyy92 wrote: »
    <SNIP> I was just wondering if you would be interested in going for dinner and a few drinks some night when your around ?

"...when you're around. "

If you're going to ask her out, at least make sure you're spelling the invitation correctly....

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Ted111 wrote: »
    can you put up a sketch map of her house and garden. mark out
    positioning of bins and trees etc...

Pluggy sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

"Dear female acquaintance,

It is the human male who previously conversed with you,

I would like to be near you and partake in activities at some point in the future. Do you consent?

Kind thoughts,

Definitely not a murderer

PS. Please disregard the inactivity on my facebook, I am laying low."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

You should say:

"Hi there,

It was so good to see you the other night. I've thought about you often over the last few years and how it was such a shame that we lost touch. Chatting to you has rekindled and old passion that I haven't really felt since we last met. In the intervening time I have dated other girls, but it always fizzled out as we seemed to be missing that special spark. That was sort of a fire based analogy, hope you liked it. :)

I feel that spark with you. You were a breath of fresh air in an otherwise dull and uninspiring evening. Our lives are like a song and I think that we could make beautiful music together. Would you like to meet up for a drink sometime? I believe in seizing the day so sooner would be better than later; how about tonight? If you're not available tonight, perhaps tomorrow or Thursday? Friday will work for me too.

Oh, and just to avoid any potential creepiness, I'd just like to clarify that I haven't been using Facebook for a few years and reactivated it in order to get in touch with you. I just didn't want you to look at my sparse profile and get the wrong idea, like that I had just been using it to creep on people or whatever. Although on an unrelated note you looked really great in the pink dress you wore to your ex-boyfriend's birthday back in August last year.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing you again sweetheart!

Chat soon. xx"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

How is she much older than you now!! Was she not much older last time you seen her

• Advertisement

Dear member of the opposite sex

I'm a male of breeding age looking for companionship.

Advertisement