Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter V: Despite all his ragé he's still just a rat in a Kage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Someone should ban me

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/aug/15/new-street-fighter-5-system-punishing-rage-quits-coming-tomorrow-september-update-include-color-purchase-options-daily-challenges-and-more/

New Rage quitting solution being implemented tomorrow.

September update.
    VS CPU mode
    Daily Targets
    Updated Profiles
    Color bundles available for real money and FM.
    Premium costumes to include colors by default.
    Season pass holders get all colors for default and story mode costumes for DLC characrters by default.

Double FM events. first one starting weekend 2nd to 4th of September.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/aug/15/new-street-fighter-5-system-punishing-rage-quits-coming-tomorrow-september-update-include-color-purchase-options-daily-challenges-and-more/

New Rage quitting solution being implemented tomorrow.

September update.
    VS CPU mode
    Daily Targets
    Updated Profiles
    Color bundles available for real money and FM.
    Premium costumes to include colors by default.
    Season pass holders get all colors for default and story mode costumes for DLC characrters by default.

Double FM events. first one starting weekend 2nd to 4th of September.

A lot of this stuff is the stuff required to make SFV's economy viable, the game is now kinda approaching the state it should have launched in.

Wish they'd add a ranked match lobby but I get the feeling we'll be left waiting for that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't really been into a Street Fighter game since the Alpha days, but at €34.99 for the Deluxe Edition on PS4 I couldn't say no. What's the best way to get into the game and learn the techniques? Are the tutorials as good as something like Killer Instinct of am I better off just looking up videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The tutorials in SFV aren't bad, but they're not great either.

I'd say do the tutorials and challenges for the character you want to use.

The just jump into online matches.

• Advertisement

Vesper arcade does a whole load of good online tutorials on youtube.

If you're into Reddit, Gief's gym is good too.

If you want to head online, record a couple of vids and post them here we can also chime in on what we think you need to work on :)

Oh and pick Ryu. Has a bit of everything, easy to play, top tier, if you want to learn SF he's your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So apparently Capcom finally cracked down on people who used the 1 round survival mods or whatever to unlock colors/fight money. If you unlocked stuff in too short a space of time you lose all the FM you earned, but you keep the colors.

You are also locked out from legitimately earning that FM again. I'm seeing reports of folks losing 800k of FM and whatnot!

Anyone get hit with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Sairus wrote: »
    So apparently Capcom finally cracked down on people who used the 1 round survival mods or whatever to unlock colors/fight money. If you unlocked stuff in too short a space of time you lose all the FM you earned, but you keep the colors.

You are also locked out from legitimately earning that FM again. I'm seeing reports of folks losing 800k of FM and whatnot!

Capcom took my hard earned FM but left the illegitimate obtained stuff

....unreal

If you earned all the FM, then spent it in the store and bought all the costumes, characters and stages you also got to keep those.
    Get ****ed when they want to buy Urien though!

Will check this when I get home. Have the season pass so Urien's not an issue for me. But Capcom are beyond stupid locking the colors behind survival mode.

Stupid move by a stupid company.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Nope, I got away scot-free! I knew they wouldn't truly be able to keep track of it.

catch_me_if_you_can_t.jpg

:D

Capcops busted me for like 30,000FM but I think the balance of FM is about 1 million in my favor for using the 1 round survival mod and I got to keep everything.

Got a warning that if I do it again they could disabled my CFN which is fine but they also said the would get my steam ID banned which sound absolutely nuts. They can f*** off if they think they can ban my steam ID which has 258 games linked to it. I'm sure they don't have the authority to do that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Azza wrote: »
    Capcops busted me for like 30,000FM but I think the balance of FM is about 1 million in my favor for using the 1 round survival mod and I got to keep everything.

Got a warning that if I do it again they could disabled my CFN which is fine but they also said the would get my steam ID banned which sound absolutely nuts. They can f*** off if they think they can ban my steam ID which has 258 games linked to it. I'm sure they don't have the authority to do that.

You mean a VAC ban? Those are no joke. But that's all automated on STEAM's side afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Absolutely zero chance they can get anyone a VAN ban. They're talking nonsense.

If you expected this thread to get a new title promptly then Urien for a big surprise.
    Side note, LP, MK, HP is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So Capcom's latest PC update broke key mappers (needed to get Direct-Input support), prevented the game from working properly, and installed a bloody rootkit.

I'm done.
    D O N E

Uninstalled SFV.

See you in better games.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So Capcom's latest PC update broke key mappers (needed to get Direct-Input support), prevented the game from working properly, and installed a bloody rootkit.

If it's any consolation, they rolled back the insane rootkit thing already.

... I am still pissed that 6 months after release neither of my sticks work in SFV yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Apparently Urien's undergone some changes

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... I am still pissed that 6 months after release neither of my sticks work in SFV yet though.

The fact that they implemented all these patches to get people to play their terrible Survival Mode before fixing input methods is just plain BS.

I ain't giving them another cent for SFV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

AFAIK you still have to have the knowhow to go get rid of it yourself, the rollback apparently won't clean out the files.

• Advertisement

AFAIK you still have to have the knowhow to go get rid of it yourself, the rollback apparently won't clean out the files.
    Oh yeah. I had to do that earlier. I'm obviously not defending Capcom about anything in this situation.

7gb.... ta feck?

Danonino. wrote: »
    7gb.... ta feck?

Every character patch has been about that!

I've been kinda getting back properly into playing this now. Holy **** battle lounges that work are a ****ing god send. Instantly made the game more fun for me. See you later, ranked!
    (Yes, I have been away from playing it properly that long)

I've been kinda getting back properly into playing this now. Holy **** battle lounges that work are a ****ing god send. Instantly made the game more fun for me. See you later, ranked!
    (Yes, I have been away from playing it properly that long)

Ranked is better now too since the two out of three option hit, imo.

It's significantly less annoying to play :D

Every character patch has been about that!

Usually it's updating in rest mode. Was away and came back and said I'd try out urien. Had no idea they were that big :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Akuma coming to Street Fighter V. Will be playable at a convention in Anaheim next month.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Akuma coming to Street Fighter V. Will be playable at a convention in Anaheim next month.

It says the PS experience which I am pretty sure is also the weekend of the Capcom cup!

Maybe this will bring Hound back and the IFGC might finally have one semi decent player in its midst!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Akuma Matata is so accurate.

I wonder who the silhouettes at the end could be.

Advertisement